Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 5.10

The final night of the Battle Rounds. CeeLo is the only one who has a steal left to use, so there's only 1 chance for the battle losers.

Team Adam

Barry Black vs. Preston Pohl-singing "I Wish it Would Rain" by The Temptations. First of all, it's amazing how much these guys look and sound alike! They look like they could be twins! I don't really like one of them over the other. Adam was smart to pair them up, because the competition really doesn't need both of them (now watch CeeLo steal the loser, and they both end up going through after all). I think it was a great performance, and honestly, I still can't tell them apart, so it really doesn't matter which one goes through. I think Barry's horn noises might give him the edge for me.
WINNER: Preston

Team Blake

Holly Henry and Brandon Chase-winners of battles we didn't see

Team CeeLo

Jonny Gray vs. Shawn Smith-singing "Refugee" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I really like Jonny's voice, and the more I hear of it, the more I like it! He has something really special. Shawn is OK, but he isn't really that memorable, when you compare him to other singers that have made it through already. I'm really, REALLY hoping it's Jonny. I think they both gave a really good performance and sounded really good together. I would have liked to see them interact with each other a little, instead of acting like the other person wasn't even on the stage with them.
WINNER: Jonny

Tamara Chauniece-winner of a battle we didn't see

Team Christina

Olivia Henken vs. Stephanie Anne Johnson-singing "Done" by The Band Perry. Olivia seems like an obvious choice for this country song, but somehow Stephanie managed to also sound really good on the song. They both sounded pretty good together, which surprised me. They continued to get better and stronger the further into the song they got. I think Olivia is really talented, and she might be the best female country singer this season. I think she stole the thunder on this one. Since this is the last battle, whoever loses, will be picked up by CeeLo, so it's really a win-win for both of them.
WINNER: Olivia
STEAL: CeeLo steals Stephanie

The Battle Rounds are finished, and it's onto the Knockouts!

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: