Tuesday, May 28, 2013

So You Think You Can Dance, Ep. 10.4

Boston Auditions

Who to Look for in Vegas:

Ashley Goldman and Phillip Kudryavstev
Ballroom dancers--both are very good. She's very spicy and sassy and he's very serious and strangely doesn't talk much. As she said, she does most of the talking.

Kaitlyn Rodriguez
Her 16-year-old brother had to step in and learn a routine in 3 hours because her partner couldn't make it. She showed a lot of technique in her salsa. He was really good as well! The were more impressed with him than her, and the fact that he learned the routine so quickly. But she did get the "hot tamale" from Mary.

Jennifer Jones
Awful music choice...not my cup o' tea. She was a decent dancer, but she didn't wow me the way she wowed the judges. I found her a little creepy and I think she wears way too much makeup.

Tommy Tibball 
I've never seen anyone with toes pointed that much, wow! He danced with a lot of power, passion and emotion. His kicks were so high. He is crazy flexible for a guy! I really enjoyed watching him.

Jennie Begley
Her spins were incredible. She had very beautiful lines. She was hitting the beats so hard. Really unique.

Jason Kidd
He's so cute! He's great at what he does. He makes his body jiggle in places you wouldn't think possible. I enjoyed watching his face and how he performed to the music. I'm a little surprised the judges put him straight through to Vegas, but good for him.

Shannon "Shizzy Shake" Tarantino
She's just a tad strange. Not quite sure what to think about her. Her dancing was exceptional, but her personality was kind of annoying.

Elena & Gene Bersten
Husband and wife ballroom duo. Both were very good, but nothing really stood out to me about either of them. They seemed to dance a bit slow to the music. It seemed like it was more upbeat and they should have been dancing a little more peppy.

Alexis Juliano
I'm sorry, I'm just not a fan of tap dancing. She did have some cool moves, though.

Anthony Savoy
He looks so familiar. I feel like I've seen him somewhere else. He has really long and skinny legs, my goodness! He's very flexible and he just floats across the floor.

Kate Kapshandy
Her look is so fake! Really annoying! Her hair looks fake, her face looks fake. She was good, but I didn't think she was as good as the judges thought she was.

Toshihiko Nakazawa
He does not understand or speak English well...at all! He is a very strange, funny dude! That hair and outfit, my goodness! He described his dancing best when he said it was like a video game. He was really all over the place at times, and so many different styles. Not really sure what to think...very unique. I wasn't as impressed as the judges were. I'm really surprised they didn't send him to choreography. I highly doubt he can do much else.

Honorable Mentions:

Natalie Fields
She danced with a very large lamp shade...I didn't really get it. Best line of the night from Nigel: "Are you going to turn yourself on?" It was just very bizarre, at some points you couldn't see her head, she was a headless lamp shade. Other than the weirdness, she was a good dancer.

John Tesoriero
He works with a beat-boxer...very cool. Lion's tail--not so cool. It was very cool how every one of his moves matched up exactly with his beat-boxing partner.

Ernest "E-Knock" Phillips
I totally remember this guy from Season 3! It's been a long time since we've seen him. A lot has happened to him personally since we last saw him. His dance was an incredible tribute to his cousin who died a couple years ago. Part of the music was actually a tv report about his death. Wow. That was incredible! So emotional. Not a dry eye in the house. Totally gave me goosebumps. First of all, I can't believe that performance didn't send him straight to Vegas, and second of all, I can't believe they didn't send him to Vegas after the choreography round! From what they showed us, he was nailing it! I don't know how they didn't think that that was good enough. Ridiculous!

Un-honorable Mention
Anthony Bryant
I remember him too! The feminine ribbon dancer from Season 1, and then the mad, upset guy in camo from Season 4. So this season, he looks like he's wearing a dress. I didn't see anything that impressing. It was just really strange again from him. The music stops and he keeps dancing slowly, and it just was weird. He gets really good critiques, and they praise him on how much he's grown and matured. All is looking good, until they say they would like him to go to choreography. He immediately replies "Oh, I don't want to continue then." Really, dude?! Some attitude! That's always been his problem. I think he might be bi-polar or something. He is not all there.

No comments: