Monday, May 20, 2013

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 16.19

Round 1: Judges' Picks

Jacoby & Karina - Len helps with the Jive
Doing the splits right off the bat! I love watching his feet! They just crack me up! I think Len's advice of "kick the peanut" helped him! I think he looked a little behind at the beginning of the dance, but I think by the end, he was right on it! Fun as always!
Judges' Scores: 27

Aly & Mark - Bruno helps with the Samba
Aly looks hot tonight! Why is Mark wearing a tail? The song is "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira, and let me tell you, they were both really shaking those hips like there was no tomorrow. She had so much personality in this one...she's really becoming quite the performer!
Judges' Scores: 28

Kellie & Derek - Len helps with the Quickstep
Another extremely fast and hopping quickstep for Kellie! She's great as always. And they conquered what plagued them the last time: the space between them in hold.
Judges' Scores: 30

Zendaya & Val - Carrie Ann helps with the Samba
Poor Val...Zendaya whacked him in the face in rehearsals and he was bleeding all over. His eye is really bruised and swollen. Maks tweeted that he will need stitches...but AFTER the show. I love that they picked a Juanes song! I think she improved from the last time she did the Samba.
Judges' Scores: 30

Round 2: Cha-Cha Relay

Kellie & Derek-A little slower than I would have liked to see for a Cha-Cha, and not as sharp, but still really good.

Jacoby & Karina-In the transition, Jacoby comes in jumping over Kellie & Derek!

Aly & Mark- The best so far, I think. Her hips are her biggest asset right now.

Zendaya & Val-Really good, lots of quick moves.

The Judges' Rankings:
Honestly, how do you rank these guys? They are all so equally good!
5 pts--Zendaya & Val
4 pts--Kellie & Derek
3 pts--Aly & Mark
2 pts--Jacoby & Karina

Round 3: Supersized Freestyle!

Jacoby & Karina
It's a huge New Orleans Mardi Gras party! They come out marching and chanting, that's pretty cool. Flip after lift, after flip, my goodness! Little kid tap dancers, oh my! Crazy! There was so much going on, that that it kind of took the spotlight away from them.
Judges' Scores: 27

Aly & Mark
Mark: a vertical bar? I think that's called a pole. I love the costumes! Very cool light effects also. Whoa, what a split lift! The poles were really cool! Love it!!!! So unique...definitely a first on the show! Great job Mark! Now THAT'S how you do a freestyle!
Judges' Scores: 30

Kellie & Derek
Now for the performance I can't wait for all season long: Derek's freestyle. I can't wait to see what he has in store for Kellie. I love that they are going by the "power of the dance and not the production". Just beautiful. Definitely not what you think of in terms of the freestyle in the finale, but you can't deny that it was an absolutely stunning dance. It may not have had all the big theatrics, but it wasn't boring and dull or lacking creative movements and HARD choreography like some have done in the past. Incredible!
Judges' Scores: 30

Zendaya & Val
I love that they put in a ton of different dance styles. It shows just how versatile she is. I also like the fact that even though they chose to have background dancers (in this case a bunch of talented kids), that they only had them at the very end so they were able to showcase Zendaya at the beginning.
Judges' Scores: 30

Final Leaderboard
Zendaya & Val: 65
Kellie & Derek: 64
Aly & Mark: 61
Jacoby & Karina: 56

Part 2

Couple Eliminated and placing 4th: Aly & Mark (Wow! I am shocked!!! Absolutely shocked! As much as I love Jacoby, I thought it would be him)

Round 4: Instant Dance

Jacoby & Karina - Salsa
Whoa! Crazy lift/spin! And then those bow-legged shimmies I love so much! And of course, gotta end it with a jump over her head.
Judges' Scores: 30 (Total of 86)

Kellie & Derek - Jive
Absolutely crazy and insane! I just love these 2 to pieces. I want to watch them dance forever! She matches him for every kick, like a true professional.
Judges' Scores: 30 (Total of 94)

Zendaya & Val - Jive
Zendaya is fabulous as always. She too, matches Val step for step like a professional. This is going to be a close one.
Judges' Scores: 30 (Total of 95)

The Results:

3rd Place: Jacoby & Karina

2nd Place: Zendaya & Val

WINNER OF SEASON 16: Kellie & Derek!!!!!! Yay! Perfect ending to this wonderful and awesome season!

No comments: