Monday, May 6, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 4.13

The Knockout Rounds are over and we are on to the Live Shows.

Team Adam

Amber Carrington
I love her Rihanna song choice, this is such a great song. I'm glad she's not singing a country song. She is killing it! So good! Perfect pitch and such a clean beautiful voice. Those high notes gave me goosebumps! Not one single thing wrong with that performance. What a way to start the show.

Sarah Simmons
Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" is perfect for her...she is so Sarah McLachlan! She is just so good! What a haunting performance...just what this song calls for. So angelic and perfect.

Caroline Glaser
There's something about her voice that just confuses me. I really can't tell if I like it or if I find it annoying. I really don't know. I find her much less annoying without her glasses, strangely. This is probably one of her best performances. I like what she did with the song.

Judith Hill
"Feelin' Good" has been done so many times, but man this girl can sing the crap out of a song. I like the way she changed the song and made it a little different than the version we normally hear. I didn't really care for her stopping so much during the song and how she turned around and looked like she was going to walk off stage. Not necessary.

Team Usher

Josiah Hawley
Oh man, I can't wait to hear him do a Muse song! This should be awesome! I really thought the song might be too big for him, but man did he nail it! One of his best performances, no question.

Cathia
Whitney Houston is some big shoes to fill, but with Usher's great pointers I think she can do it. She made it seem so effortless. She was powerful, but didn't overdo it.

Vedo
I continue to love his voice. Great performance. He was a bit strained on some of the high notes, but he stayed on pitch.

Michelle Chamuel
Her voice is amazing. She continues to amaze me every week because I just don't expect that voice to come out of her. You could tell that she connected very deeply with the song. Usher really helped her this week.

No comments: