Monday, May 20, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 4.18 & 4.19

Team Adam

Judith
She seems to never sing songs that I'm a fan of. And the queen of big out of control hair was at it again. I have no idea what she was going for with that 'do. Vocally, she was on point again, but still not a fan of her style.

Amber
Tough song for many people, but she nailed Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway". She proves yet again that she is more than just a country artist.

Sarah
A very big departure from what we've seen from her. Wow. I have to say, I don't like this as much as I do her rock ballads. This was way to heavy-metal-esque. Way too much screaming.

Team Blake

Holly
Very interesting choice: Blake chooses an old Gospel song "How Great Thou Art". That's definitely a first. She started off very reserved, but by the end she was blasting it out! Wow, so much power and such a clear tone.

The Swon Brothers
They are slowly starting to grow on me. I feel like they are really coming into their own. They were always good, but there's just something more special about the way they have performed in the last couple of weeks. I can't quite put my finger on what's different.

Danielle
I've said it before, and I'll say it every week: this girl is way too talented to be 16. She is so consistent. She never hits a bad note, and she always gives a great, strong performance.

Team Shakira

Sasha
Wow, this song is going to be perfect for her. I love this song: Emeli Sandé's "Next To Me". It was nice to see her do something more upbeat and not just a power ballad.

Kris
It's nice to hear a more upbeat song from him. He sang it really well, but it was a little on the boring and predictable side.

Team Usher

Josiah
Such a tough song to be given: Coldplay's "Clocks". This is just a song that no one but Chris Martin can sing. It just doesn't sound right when anyone else sings it. I think he did about as good of a job as he could with this song. I actually liked it more than I thought I would. It still doesn't compare to the original, though. I liked what he did with the end of the song to make it a little more his own.

Michelle
I love that she's doing another Pink song, and this is such a good one. Great performance! I think she should sing Pink every week. She sings with such emotion, it's crazy!


The Results:
Going Home: Josiah (Team Usher) and Kris (Team Shakira)

It looks like American Idol isn't the only show that's going to be dominated by girls this season. The Swon Brothers are the last men standing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

But who do you think will go home?

Lori Showalter said...

It's so hard to decide! I think a lot of it comes down to song choice. I'm worried about Josiah...I think he might fall victim the way Garrett did last week. I hope I'm wrong, because I really like him! I think Holly could be in jeopardy for her song choice and the fact that she sang first. I wasn't impressed with Sarah's choice this week, and I think she might be in jeopardy. The same goes for Kris. It's anybody's game...they're all just so good!