Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 16.17 & 16.18

Kellie & Derek - Argentine Tango
I loved the shadowed silhouette at the beginning...very cool. Derek just picks her up and spins her like it's nothing. I loved the lifts. The split spin was perfect. The whole thing was just cool.
Judges' Scores: 30

Kellie & Derek - Flamenco
Love another shirtless Derek performance! You would think he's Latino the way he's making this dance look so easy! The fake mustache  helps too. Holy crap! That flip at the end scared the crap out of me! It came out of nowhere and he just flipped her end over end! Wow!
Judges' Scores: 28

Ingo & Kym - Samba
He seemed very rushed through this whole dance, like he was always behind the dance trying to catch up. I think his moves were good and he got the feel of the dance, but it wasn't quite all together. It was a bit too herky-jerky.
Judges' Scores: 24

Ingo & Kym - Charleston
I love when he brings some goofiness to his dances. This was definitely goofy. There were some crazy lifts! He looked a little bit lost at times, but it was so much fun!
Judges' Scores: 27

Mark & Aly - Rumba
I love their song choice: Bruno Mars - "When I Was Your Man". Perfect song to dance the Rumba to. Aly looks beautiful tonight, and she is doing a such a good job with such a romantic dance. It helps that she's a gymnast and she's able to really put a lot of flexibility into it.
Judges' Scores: 30

Mark & Aly - Afro-Jazz
I love the stuffed animal lion. I love the outfits. Those headdresses are crazy! So much energy and power in those movements! This reminds me of one of the dances Shawn Johnson did (I think it might have been the trio with both Derek and Mark). So many fun things to watch! Loved every second of it!
Judges' Scores: 29

Jacoby & Karina - Argentine Tango
Tango: another dance that suits him perfectly. I'm a little surprised that the quick foot hooks aren't as good as I thought they would be. I guess it's because his legs are so long. His hooks tended to look a little loosy-goosy instead of quick and sharp. Other than that, I think he did a really good job.
Judges' Scores: 30

Jacoby & Karina - Lindyhop
There's those crazy Jacoby legs! Look at him go! Ooh and he pulled out the splits again! Whoa, now on the judges' table! I love when it looks like he's just having fun. Holy lifts and flips! This routine definitely have a little bit of everything. Classic fun Jacoby.
Judges' Scores: 29

Zendaya & Val - Quickstep
Holy crap are they flying! No wonder they came out in race cars. I'm convinced there isn't anything she can't dance well and expect a 10 for. Crazy good. Except apparently, the judges don't agree with me. Maybe it was so fast that I couldn't tell that they messed up.
Judges' Scores: 25

Zendaya & Val - Hip-Hop
Love Val as kind of a dork! He was so worried about doing Hip-Hop, but I knew he would be great. I always thought he looked like he would be a natural Hip-Hop dancer. They were so in-sync. Great performance...very cool.
Judges' Scores: 30



The Results:
Going Home: Ingo & Kym

The 4 remaining teams will be going to the Finals next week. (Since when are there 4 teams in the Finals?)

No comments: