Monday, May 13, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 4.16 & 4.17

Team Adam

Sarah
She is singing one of my favorite songs! I think she'll really be able to rock this out, because I think it really suits her voice well. It will let her do all of the things that she loves to do with her voice: falsetto, growl, etc. Really good performance, exactly what I expected.

Judith
Not a fan of this song at all. But then again, I'm not a fan of her style either. Vocally it was amazing, but hard to enjoy just because the song is not one that I like.

Amber
I know Amber's a country singer, but I much prefer her singing pop or country-pop crossover songs. I don't think she sounded her best tonight. Her high notes seemed strained and not quite on pitch. Otherwise, it was still a nice performance.

Team Blake

Holly
I think it was a pretty strong performance, but I think the beginning was a little weak. She really picked it up at the end and hit some crazy, powerful notes.

The Swon Brothers
Oh my, didn't know he could play piano! That's definitely different. It's nice to see them change things up and do a slow ballad with piano and guitar. For being a country song, it was really good. Their harmony was really good as usual.

Danielle
Nice Carrie Underwood song choice. This girl is just amazing. Not much else to say. She is so consistent and just doesn't give a bad performance.

Team Shakira

Garrett
I'm so excited to hear him do such a great Backstreet Boys song! No one sings their songs! I can't wait to hear him make it into a rock song! Very interesting take on the song. He's just got something special. Love him! It probably wasn't his best performance, but I love that he's taking risks and not being ordinary.

Sasha
I love "Alone" by Heart. I think this will be a good song for her. She started out really emotional, it almost sounded like her voice was breaking. I loved the bass, it was a nice touch. Talk about emotional, she's got tears in her eyes. It was almost too emotional for me. Vocally, it was stunning though. Wow.

Kris
I don't normally like singers like Kris, but there's something different about him. I always enjoy listening to him sing. I'm not sure what it is about his voice. He truly has a talent.

Team Usher

Vedo
I'm not a fan of this Michael Jackson song choice. For the first time, he seems to be really sharp. He's not really nailing his notes like he normally does. His high notes at the end were much better.

Josiah
Another great song choice for Josiah: "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" by The Script. I love that he can sing a lot of different things, and still be himself. I am loving his performance, it is so good! I like the kind of stripped down vibe with him just sitting, playing the guitar. I'm a sucker for a guy playing a guitar...gets me every time!

Michelle
I don't know this song, and I don't really like it. She seems to be really out of breath. She didn't seem to have all the technicality of her singing like she usually does. Tonight it seemed more like she was shouting.


The Results:
Going Home: Garrett (Team Shakira) and Vedo (Team Usher)


No comments: