Monday, May 27, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 4.18 & 4.19

Team Adam

Amber
Great song: Adele's James Bond song: "Skyfall". Something very different for her, but she has a big voice, so I think she can handle it.

Right from the start, she actually looks kind of like Adele with her hair like that. As she starts to sing, I can tell it's going to be amazing.

Judith
She is singing a song by Will.i.am and Justin Bieber. I don't even know what to think about this choice. I don't think I'm going to like it, mainly because I haven't liked anything that she has done so far. Another negative is the fact that I've never heard this song before: #Power.

I will say that it is refreshing to hear her attempt something so different from what she has been doing. Wow, I actually kind of like it, I'm shocked. Oh wait...I have heard this song before...duh. And can we talk about her hair again this week? Girl has got a major hair crisis going on. Every week it is completely different and never in a good way. She has a lot of it to work with, but she really needs some help. This week, she is going for the Sanjaya faux-hawk...not cool.

Sarah
This should be very interesting: Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know"...can't wait to see what she does with it. This will be something very different for her.

I'm hooked from the very first line she sings. This is 1000% better than her screaming choice last week. This shows off all of the perfect and cool things that she can do with her voice. This was just about as perfect for her as "The Story".

Team Blake

Danielle
I just love listening to her voice, it's just so pretty! Her vibrato is amazing and so effortless. Really good performance, as usual.

Holly
Another new side for Holly. This time she is doing something very up-tempo. I think it's a The Band Perry song.

Holly looks really good tonight. I really like this performance. I always tend to forget about Holly, but then she sings and I'm always blown away by her range and vocal tone. She killed it! She looked so comfortable and confident on that song. She's proved that she can do a lot of different things very well.

The Swon Brothers
Very nice a capella harmony at the beginning. I like the campfire and stars and moon in the background...very cool. OK, so these guys are really growing on me at an alarming rate. I thought they would be one of the first ones to go, and look at them now...last men standing as 1 act among 7 solo girls! Really great performance. I loved the harmony throughout the song, it was absolutely on-pitch the entire time.

Team Shakira

Sasha
Popular song, but an interesting song choice for her: David Guetta and Usher's "Without You". She changed the song up a little bit from the original. I think she did the right amount of belting it out on the song. She tends to really oversing everything, but she kept it controlled for the most part and didn't go overboard, except for the end.

Team Usher

Michelle
Love the song again this week for her: Bruno Mars' "Grenade". This is going to be amazing!

Wow, she hit some crazy notes at the end...it was really good...again! She never disappoints. Usher could not have been happier with her, he was shouting "Yes! Yes! Yeeessss!"

After hearing everyone perform tonight, I seriously have no idea which 2 are going to be eliminated tomorrow. I usually have some idea, but they all did so incredible tonight, and there were no missteps with song choices like the last 2 weeks. It is literally anyone's game right now. 



The Results:


Going Home: Judith (Team Adam) & Sarah (Team Adam)

Whoa! Adam loses 2! Not who I would have expected at all! Not sad to see Judith go at all, and not all that sad about Sarah either. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I am calling the contest right now, I pick Danielle with Amber coming in a close second. My husband who is becoming an experienced voice fan called Danielle as the winner after hearing her on the first song. She is a star in the making and the camera's seem to love her.

Lori Showalter said...

I would definitely not disagree with that pick. I think Danielle has a very good shot to win. She is so talented! She would be a country artist that I would probably listen to...like Carrie Underwood. I think she's been one of the most consistent singers this season. I think it could very well be a country final 3, with either Holly or the Swon Brothers sneaking in there. I just don't know if enough people connect with Judith or with Sarah, who are both really strong sings, but don't always choose the best songs. But then there's Michelle, who always sings well and has the underdog appeal. Like I said, it's anybody's game! But you're right, Danielle looks like a fairly safe bet to take it all. She's been doing very well on iTunes. And as we saw with Cassaddee last season, that was an important factor. In fact, I just checked the standings from last night: Danielle is #10 and the next appearance from a Voice singer is Michelle at #12! The Swon Brothers are next at #31 and Sarah at #43. Holly is #52, Judith is #68 and Sasha is #75. Guess what, I don't see Amber on the list, so I wonder if that means it will be her and Sasha going home tonight. It will be interesting to see...