Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dancing With The Stars, (Some) Pairs Revealed!

I'm disappointed to see that some celebrities are going to be able to dance with their original partner, while some are going to have to dance with someone new. If they were going to bring back people who had the same partner, then they should make everyone have a new partner. I think it creates a really unfair advantage for those who are familiar with working with their partner.  Oh well, I'm not in charge. It's going to be a great season any way!

We still have to wait until August 27, to find out whether Carson Kressly, Sabrina Bryan or Kyle Massey will be joining the cast. As soon as I find out, I'll update this post along with who their partner will be. And, remember, the All-Star Season starts September 24.

Update: Sabrina Bryan was chosen by America as the last dancer. Her partner will be Louis van Amstel.

Returning Couples:

Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke
This awesome couple won Season 3, so one would expect that they will do very well again. Gotta love Emmitt!

Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson
In Season 4, this pair was runner up. It will be tough to match that with this loaded field of bigger stars and plenty of previous winners. Joey always makes me laugh, so he'll definitely be entertaining.

Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani
Melissa has a lot of natural talent, but she may have done better with a different partner. Her 3rd place finish in Season 8, might not be enough to compete with the dancers who finished 2nd and 1st in their seasons.

Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas
Oh, how I wish Mark would have gotten a different partner, and oh, how I wish Bristol would not even be coming back. I love Mark, but there are so many other dancers that I love, so I'm really hoping that Bristol does not finish as high as she did in her season. She just was not that good.

Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovsky
As much as Maks and Kirstie had such an interesting/bizarre relationship on Season 12, I have to think that Maks was hoping for a different partner to have a shot to win. Kirstie made it further in her season than anyone thought she would (or should). Again, with the roster this All-Star season, I would be surprised if she lasted more than a few weeks.

Celebrities Getting New Partners:

Pamela Anderson and Tristan McManus
Fans will remember (or maybe not) that Pamela's original partner was Damian Whitewood (who?). Season 10 with Pamela was his first and only season. This should be a good matchup.  FINALLY Tristan gets paired with someone fairly close to his age. I thought Pamela had potential in her season, and now paired with Tristan, they might be able to do fairly well.

Helio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower
Helio's previous partner was the popular multi-season winner, Julianne Hough. You can't get much closer to a dance and look-alike clone than Chelsie, so this should be an easy transition for Helio and the viewers. He has great, natural talent, and as a previous winner, I expect him to be at the top of the leader board often.

Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough
Yay! I was so hoping Derek would be back! Surprisingly, none of Derek's original partners came back, so I thought maybe it was because he wasn't coming bad...I'm so glad that's not the case. He's getting a great partner in Shawn, who previously won with Derek's BFF Mark Ballas in Season 8. They should be able to do great things. Can't wait! Shawn recently had knee surgery, so hopefully that won't prevent Derek from creating some awesome, challenging, entertaining choreo.

Drew Lachey and Anna Trebuskaya
I'm not too thrilled about this pairing. I love Drew, but I was kind of hoping to see him and Cheryl again. Anna's a very good dancer (as they all are), but I've often been under-whelmed by her choreography. If she can step it up to Cheryl's level, with Drew being a previous winner and fan favorite, they could be contenders. Although, I'm afraid that nothing will ever compare to their "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)" free-style.

Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatoyd
Gilles is yet another previous Cheryl Burke partner. Peta has proven herself in the couple of seasons that she has been on, so I'm excited to see what this pair can do. Many people thought Gilles would win his season, and with Peta being last season's runner up with Donald Driver, they could also find themselves in contention, if they can stand out amongst all of the fan favorites.

Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovsky
Kelly was the first DWTS winner, with partner Alec Mazo, who now, is pretty much forgotten. With her being on so many seasons ago, I don't really remember much about her, but out of all of the pairs, I would think that being out of the DWTS spotlight for so long, and not really being a very recognizable star, she could be one of the first ones to go. Now if her partner was the other Chmerkovsky brother (Maks), I would say she would stick around a few more weeks.

Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff
I was really hoping that Julianne Hough would come back to support one of her partners. She was so awesome with Apolo. However, he got extremely lucky with landing Karina. I think they will make a very exciting duo. As another one of the winners, with so much natural talent and charisma, he should have no trouble being high on the leader board. I can't wait to watch more of Apolo, I just love him!

No comments: