Friday, November 2, 2012

X Factor, Ep. 2.12

It's the first live show, and I'm already dreading having to listen to and watch Khloe Kardashian and Mario Lopez as hosts. I like Mario, but not as a host...he gets really annoying, really quickly. Why do they need 2 hosts? Someone please tell me...it's ridiculous. And who's idea was it to have 2 people who have absolutely no connection to the music industry, and 1 who has no hosting experience? The constant, obviously just-for-show flirting between Simon and Khloe was just nauseating.

Paige (Demi-Young Adults)
Demi shaved Paige's hair off! Whoa, way too much theatrics and that costume and makeup is horrendous! The only thing worse is her singing! Seriously, it is not good at all. She has been so much better than that. Demi even said in the recording, she's not the best vocalist, and she proved that. And to think, Demi picked her over Jillian...that's just not right.

Arin (Britney-Teens)
He sounds pretty good tonight. But, why oh why, do they have those smoke machines making that loud and obnoxious hissing noises every couple seconds. Wow that's annoying and totally takes away from his performance. Are they supposed to be making noise? Other than that, it was a good performance.

David (L.A.-Over 25s)
I can't wait to see what he does! I like his new mohawk look. I'm not so sure about the song choice, but he did a great job.

Sister C (Simon-Groups)
I am getting really tired of everyone singing Pistol Annies' "Hell on Heels". It is so overdone! Not to mention they sang it in their first audition (which was the only time I actually liked them). At least they sound better than they have the last couple of times they performed. It was ok, but I'm definitely not blown away.

Jennel (Demi-Young Adults)
She's another one that I am excited to see. She is definitely one of my favorites. Wow, I hardly recognized her after her makeover! I like her hair, but I hate the biker chick outfit. Her vocals are amazing as usual. I'm glad that the judges were so enthusiastic for her.

Diamond (Britney-Teens)
Wow, Train's "Hey, Soul Sister", would not have picked that song for her at all. I don't think it was right for her at all. I don't care for her 90's Janet Jackson look either. I definitely don't think it was her best at all.

Vino (L.A.-Over 25s)
Yay for Vino, he's one of my favorites! Nickelback is a good choice, but I'm not sure this was the right one. It just didn't sound like him. The beginning started way to low and it was just awkward. Luckily, it did get better. I'm a little bummed bacause this was not his best. Thanks L.A. for sabotaging him...this must be your handywork because he has been nothing but spectacular up til this point. Simon agrees!

Lyric145 (Simon-Groups)
Not a fan. I liked their version of Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA", but this rapping stuff is just awful noise, which doesn't belong on a singing competition. Thank you L.A., for finally speaking with some sense!

CeCe (Demi-Young Adults)
Wow, what a transformation! Platinum blonde hair and no leopard spots (on her face...they moved to her boobs instead). I really like this song choice for her. Her vocals aren't great tonight, but her performance is really strong, and borderline Lady Gaga even. I think all of the contestants are getting lost with all the theatrics and they forgot how to sing.

Tate Stevens (L.A.-Over 25s)
Boring country, as always. I've said it before and I'll say it again: he is no different than any other country singer on the radio today. Do we really need another one? Demi is wrong, we do not need him in this competition. He's a nice guy, but he needs to go.

Beatrice (Britney-Teens)
I don't care for what they did to her hair...it's always so pretty, but tonight she looks like a disheveled hobo. Did she stick her finger in a light socket? I think singing a ballad was a good idea, but this didn't really do it for me. It was too low for most of the song. It did not do her amazing voice justice.

Jason (L.A.-Over 25s)
Mr. Entertainment is right! His vocals weren't as good as they normally are. He sounded kind of all over the place. That was disappointing, to be honest. Simon called it "utterly horrendous". I don't know if it was that bad, but it wasn't great either.

1432 previously known as Lylas (Simon-Groups)
They are my favorite group by far. Each of those girls are so talented. Ugh, but why on earth did they have to choose that ridiculously awful Taylor Swift song! I get it, it's current...but it stinks! They sang it well, but it is such a stupid song. It wasn't quite as annoying as when Taylor sings it, but still not great. L.A.'s right and it did sound kind of karaoke.

Willie (Demi-Young Adults)
He just cracks me up. I still don't expect him to sound the way he does or sing what he does. He is the opposite of Tate. He doesn't sound like any other country artist and he definitely doesn't look like any other country artist. He had one of the strongest performances, I think. He looked good and he wasn't pitchy like just about everyone else tonight.

Carly (Britney-Teens)
Love this girl! She is amazing every single time she takes the stage! I like the way she changed up the song. This girl's gonna win it all!

Emblem3 (Simon-Groups)
Finally, Emblem3 is back! This was a great performance. I think there were a few pitch issues, but overall it was really good. It's nice to hear something different for a change.

No comments: