Sunday, November 18, 2012

X Factor, Ep. 2.14


Jennel
I totally blame Demi for Jennel's complete downward spiral. From the makeover, to the song choices, she is taking her so far away from where she should be. Before Demi, she was amazing and since Demi, she has been less than good. Demi needs to bring back the girl who auditioned with Grace Potter and the Nocturnals' "Paris". Her Tina Turner song was better than last week, but I don't think it was enough to dig her out of the hole Demi dug for her.


Lyric145
I really can't stand their constant shouting of the lyrics. I don't consider this type of music singing. They do not belong in a competition competing with superstars like Carly, Diamond and Vino. Sorry. Hate it! I agree with Demi that the Queen song did not go with the Katy Perry song at all.

Arin
It was way little too slow, and was really boring.  He really changed the song...it was hardly recognizable as a Madonna song. He said he had inspiration and was singing it to a member  of Fifth Harmony, but wow, if that was him inspired, I'd hate to see him uninspired.

Paige
Just because it's Diva night, why all the old, old songs? Yuck! And I really wish Paige wouldn't go so over-the-top with her costumes and make-up...it's so off-putting. This was a mixture of her first performance and last week's. It was too much like her first one, which I didn't like and not enough like her last one, which was better. Even though it had a lot of energy and movement and she sang it well, I was still bored! I don't know how that's possible.


Vino
Donna Summer? Oh boy, what are you trying to do to him, L.A.? L.A.'s lucky this dude can make anything sound good, but song choice is so crucial to get people to vote.

Tate
I literally cannot figure out how this guy managed to be in the #1 spot after last week's vote. Seriously? How is that possible? Not happy about that at all because that means he's probably not going anywhere for a long time. Ugh, I love this Shania song, but definitely not when he sings it. It's a country song, but he made it way too country. Normally, his voice does sound pretty good, but I didn't think he sounded good on this at all. He sounded like he was all over the place, straining to reach the notes.

Beatrice
I really liked her performance this week. She did a really good job! The pacing and version of the song, really suited her well.

Emblem3
Alicia Keys' song "No One" was perfect for them! This is they type of stuff they should be doing every week. I really, really enjoyed them this week. In the last couple weeks, I think they had kind of lost their way. But, this week, they found themselves again.

Fifth Harmony
I think this is the best these girls have sang on the live shows. The girl in the middle was pretty off, but the rest of them sounded amazing and overall it was a really good performance.

Diamond
I absolutely love Beyonce's "Halo" and I think she's going to sound amazing. Wow, this was so good! Perfect song for her! I think she sounded just about as good, if not better, than the original. Absolutely amazing!

CeCe
Another victim of Demi. Poor Cece doesn't stand a chance if she continues to listen to Demi. She needs to return to the girl who auditioned and sang at Demi's house. Every performance since then has been so rough and uncomfortable to listen to. This performance was a little better, but her voice just does so many strange things and I can't tell if she means for it to sound the way it does or if it's her voice cracking. Demi needs to help her harness her power and not try to force it so hard. She is straining her voice because she's trying to push it and sound louder. I don't know, she has talent somewhere in there, but Demi just can't seem to find it to help her have a breakout performance worthy of keeping her around.

Carly Rose
It's a big week for "My Heart Will Go On", as Sylvia also sang this song this week on The Voice. I'm sure her voice will sound great, because it always does, but I don't know if this is the right style for her to really shine. She is such a gorgeous young girl. I gotta say, she blew Sylvia's version away...not even close. So pretty, nice job Carly!

No comments: