Sunday, November 11, 2012

X Factor, Ep. 2.14 & 2.15


Britney: Teens
They brought Diamond back! Probably not fair to all those who got eliminated, but she is a very good singer, and is deserving of another chance. I think Britney should have gotten rid of Arin instead the first time around any way. Out of all of the groups, Britney's is by far the strongest, and this just proves it.

Arin
Very interesting song choice. I liked the rapping that he added to it, it made it sound very original. He's got some good dance moves and he can really perform, but I just don't think his vocals are that strong. I don't know why the judges continue to love him. I don't think he has anything special. He's very boring for me.

Beatrice
I don't know what in the world she's wearing. Last week I didn't really care for her song, but this week was a little bit better. I still don't think she's back to the way she sounded when she sang "Titanium" at Britney's house. I think she was trying too hard, and because her voice was already strained, she cracked a bunch of times. Not her best again.

Carly Rose
She is one of the only singers who I truly can't wait to see what she's singing next because I know it's going to be amazing. She always sounds much older than she is, but this week she looks it too! She was absolutely gorgeous! The beginning started out a little too low and quiet, but she definitely busted out with some classic Carly, and it was amazing. The arrangement of the song was so different, it took me more than half of the song to realize that it was a Bruno Mars song.


Diamond
Not a surprising song choice for her, this is what she does best. It wasn't very original, but she has an amazing voice...not only for her age, but for anyone else as well.

Demi: Young Adults

I'm really disappointed with what Demi is doing to her team. She seems to be steering them all in the complete wrong direction and she's made horrible choices with their looks as well. All 3 of her girls left are pretty much unrecognizable from when we first me them.


CeCe
Well, the leopard spots are back and they look like more like a disease that's spreading. I don't know what's happened to her, but she just does not have the same vocals she did in the audition and at Demi's house. She is not long for this competition if she keeps singing like such an amateur. Her voice was so strained on this song. The performance was good, but her singing was not great.

Jennel
I absolutely hate the hair make-over that Demi gave her! And...Simon agrees! She used to be really cute, but that dark color and ugly bangs are doing nothing for her. Other than that, I always love her voice and her performance, and that's what matters. It probably wouldn't have been the song that I would have picked for her, but she rocked it.

Paige
I'm so glad to see Paige back to normal this week. Last week was a complete train wreck of a performance. I'm not sure why she's into such crazy outfits, but at least she didn't have some pointy hat on this week. The song choice was very fitting for her, and her performance was stellar...by far one of the best of the night...easily.




L.A.: Over 25s

Jason
I think this was a really good song choice for him. The dude can definitely sing! The ending of that song was just ridiculous!


Tate
I always cringe when he's announced, because I know that I'm going to be bored to tears by some awful country song. But...he surprised me this week with a song I actually like: Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive"! Good for you Tate, branching out a little bit to be more likable...nice move. It was still boring, but at least I liked the song. I'm so ready for him to be gone. He's a nice guy, but enough already.

Vino
I would NOT have picked this song for him at all! I don't know what L.A. is thinking. Luckily, Vino can make anything sound good. He definitely brought some gospel into the song. He sounded amazing. Didn't care for the song choice, but I love him anyway!


Simon: Groups

Emblem3
I don't always love what they come up with, but this unpredictable group is definitely original! Taking Katy Perry's "California Gurls" and mashing it with "My Girl" was genius. It totally worked! It's so nice to see at least one act who is continually trying new things. They are the best vocally, but their overall performance and personalities makes up for that.


Fifth Harmony (previously known as 1432 and previously known as LYLAS)

Third name change, really? If people don't know the name of your group, chances are they probably aren't going to know who to vote for. Good luck with that!

I love the song choice, but I don't know if it works for a group. I definitely didn't like the first girl's voice for this song at the beginning. Once they got to the chorus and were singing in harmony, it was really pretty. It was an OK performance, but it wasn't great.


Lyric145
Simon says "Mary Poppins", and I have no words. I have no idea what they are going to be doing. "Supercalifrajilisticexpialidocious"...wow. Crazy outfits and a lot of screaming. That's about it. Yuck! That's probably one of the worst things I've ever subjected my ears to.

The Bottom 2:
CeCe and Jason

Going Home: Jason 
It was a tough choice...so close that the judges deadlocked, and they based the elimination on the person who received the least amount of fan votes. I'm not a huge fan of either of them. CeCe has probably been the least consistent. I don't think either of them sang well on their "survival' song. Jason was stronger the night before, so he probably should have stayed. I just feel like CeCe is trying way too hard and her voice just sounds so strained, which makes it kind of hard to listen to.

Really, I would have liked to have seen Lyric145 and Tate Stevens in the bottom, because they are my least favorites.

No comments: