Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Voice, Ep. 3.18

Round 2: Team Cee Lo and Team Christina

The 2 teams performed together and...it was not good! Yikes, they did not sound good together!

Adriana: Team Christina
I've never been a big fan of hers and this didn't really help. Pitchy doesn't really even describe it. The end was especially screamy and pitchy. Just go home already, please.

Cody: Team Cee Lo
Aw, Cody! A whole new side to him...he actually sounded like George Michael. Is he country, is he R&B...just what is he? I don't know. He can do it all, and he's just good. He's funny, he's sweet and sensitive...so many sides to Cody.

De'borah: Team Christina
She started out really good, but the further she went the more she screamed it! And then she started writhing on stage like she was having a seizure, what the heck? The ending of the song was very strange. She was definitely feeling the song, but boy, I don't know...I liked parts of it, but there were parts I didn't.

Diego: Team CeeLo
Ooh, an Enrique song, nice! He's not feelin' it, but I like it. I really like what he did with the song. He sounds so much better than last week.  And he looked good singing it, too!

Mackenzie: Team Cee Lo
I literally can't wait to see what he does with this One Direction song! It's gonna be awesome. He is just so cool and really has his own vibe. I loved when he stopped playing the guitar and moved around, that's something we haven't seen from him before. His voice was a lot better than last week's. He wasn't so squeaky and he showed he has a great range and a really good voice.

Devyn: Team Christina
I really like the change of pace for her. She had always done the big powerhouse songs where she tried way too hard to oversing. This was so much better...except for the end, where she reverted back to her old ways of oversinging and way too many runs. Haha Blake said the same thing!

Nicholas: Team CeeLo
Oh dear, a Barry White song. I don't know if I can handle that. I really loved in the video package that he was saying he didn't understand swagger and equated it to grandparents not understanding how to work the VCR...haha! Oh, that voice...and that look. I think I like his hair slicked and pulled back a little...that really helps because he doesn't look so much like a homeless dude and his beard was actually combed too! There might just be hope for him yet.

Sylvia: Team Christina
Again, I'm glad for a different type of song instead of the loud powerhouse stuff. Unfortunately, the beginning was very shaky and pitchy. It might have been better if she would have picked up the tempo a little bit. When she got to the chorus, it fell apart even more, her voice sounded like it cracked and she was flat...it just didn't work. I liked her performance, with her playing thr piano, though. I do not know why the judges thought that was good. I don't think they were listening to the same thing that I did.

Dez: Team Christina
Wow, he looked and sounded so good this week! A definite improvement from last week. He sounded deeper on this song than he normally does...I kind of liked he. You could tell he was really feeling it. It was a great performance.

Trevin: Team Cee Lo
This kid is simply amazing...so good. Nothing else to say, he's pure talent.

No comments: