Monday, November 2, 2015

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 21.9

Theme: honoring inspirational icons in their lives
Competition: highest scoring couple gets immunity, the rest compete in an America's choice dance-off; they have to prepare for 3 dances and they won't know what they are dancing until they do it, side-by-side with another couple; America votes live

Carlos & Witney - Salsa
Inspiration; his friend, Marc Anthony

Love the pink outfits! It's always good when we get to see a little bit of Carlos's chest :) He was so worried about this dance because he's Latin and he's never salsaed before. He looked so natural! The over-the-head lift was insane!!!! The last spin lift was really cool too and landed right at the last beat of the song, right on time. That routine had so much and that was really not easy choreography at all! He did great!
Score: 27

Alek & Lindsay - Contemporary
Inspiration: Chris Kyle, American sniper

Theis dance was just beautiful! The set, the song, Lindsay's dress...everything. Lifts have really become one of Alek's strengths (pun intended, and yes, I typed it before Julianne said it!). He does them with such grace and such ease. What a beautiful tribute to his hero.
Score: 25

Andy & Allison - Viennese Waltz
Inspiration: Stevie Wonder; he's doing the dance as if the song was written from him to his mom

Oh, the emotion in rehearsals! I'm in tears just listening to him talk about his mom. I'm not much of a Stevie Wonder fan (his music), so I was actually glad that the house band did their own version of "Isn't She Lovely". Andy did a great job, and he was just so cute with Allison. His face was so expressive this week. He's really come into his own and has become such a great dancer and performer. I just can't get enough of him. Awe...and he's in tears...and I'm in tears! So beautiful! I hate that their comments are back to negative comments...I'm no expert, but it looked good to me!
Score: 22

Alexa & Mark - Argentine Tango
Inspiration: David from David and Goliath (very interesting choice)

Mark's idea to use a sheet and have his shadow be huge like a giant was brilliant! The set looked amazing for this! The costumes were really cool, and I love Coldplay's "Viva La Vida"! Everything really came together, and this was just so cool! To me, it looked like she might have missed a couple steps, but the overall performance was really good. And she slit Goliath's throat at the end and was carried off like a warrior princess...so powerful!
Score: 25

Nick & Sharna - Contemporary
Inspiration: his wife Lauren

Seeing him talk about his wife, and them having a baby was just so sweet! Another really beautiful contemporary tonight! The story, the song, the costumes...just beautiful! Just like Alek's dance, beautiful lifts and emotion. I love seeing him like this! Such a beautiful performance! And I love that she had it end with him putting his arms around her with his hands on her tummy...so symbolic and beautiful. The choreography was beautiful and he nailed every step and he was so graceful. This better be a perfect score! And to add to all the emotion, there was a gender reveal, and they didn't know until they opened the big box and little blue balloons came out! Awe!
Score: 30

Bindi & Derek - Foxtrot
Inspiration: Grace Kelly

How in the world is she dancing with those bruised knees and blisters...those look so painful! Poor girl! I love that they are dancing to Mika's "Grace Kelly"...I love that song! What a fun dance! Foxtrots are not normally so much fun! This was cute annd cheeky. I loved the part with the hats and the other dancers. And how cool was that ending! The curtain comes down on her, with Derek going behind and then she gets pulled under. I loved everything about this!!! She made a great Grace Kelly!Well, look out Nick, because Bindi's gonna get a 30 with this. Ooh, but the judges are being very nit-picky about her shoulders, so he might just keep the 30 all to himself!
Score: 28

Tamar & Val - Paso Doble
Inspiration: her sister, Toni

This was an interesting song for a paso doble. She looked stunning in that red. I didn't care for the big ruffle down the center though. I knew she would rock a paso because she is so powerful. It was a good performance, but I wasn't blown away. I couldn't get past the weird song choice that didn't seem to fit the dance style. Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" fit her inspiration, but something just seemed weird, even though she danced it well. It wasn't my favorite.
Score: 28

Dance-Off
The highest scoring pair picks their challenger, and the challenger picks the dance style.

Bindi & Derek vs. Carlos & Witney - Jive
I think it's clear who America is going to vote for this one. The meter is consistently overwhelmingly for Bindi. I think Bindi had quite a bit more content. I felt like I  wanted to watch Carlos, but I was drawn back over to Bindi's side of the floor because what they were doing was more dynamic and entertaining. I like that Carlos had her come over at the end and he did a spin lift with her.
Winner: Carlos & Witney (3-0)
America: Bindi & Derek (64%)

Tamar & Val vs. Alexa & Mark - Cha Cha
Alexa & Mark seem to be moving faster and doing more intricate moves. I loved Tamar's moves right to the music at the hook. Alexa looks more comfortable with the style, but they were both good. America loved Alexa a lot more.
Winner: Tamar & Val (2-1)
America: Alexa & Mark (76%)

Alek & Lindsay vs. Andy & Allison- Samba
These 2 went balls to the walls! Andy did a flip, and then the worm and then a spin on the floor! That was sick! Alek had a nice lift-spin. I think that was one of the more entertaining battles! I'm hoping for an Andy win because he needs those points!!!
Winner: Andy & Allison (3-0)
America: Andy & Allison (54%)

Week 8 Standings

Nick & Sharna - 30 + 3 = 33
Tamar & Val - 28 + 2 = 30
Bindi & Derek - 28
Alexa & Mark - 25
Carlos & Witney - 27 +2 = 29
Alek & Lindsay - 25
Andy & Allison - 22 +2 = 24

The Results

In Jeopardy: Carlos & Witney, Andy & Allison
Going Home: Andy & Allison

Nooooooooo! Say it isn't so!!!!! I'm so sad!!!!!! I didn't want to lose either of them in the bottom. I was so ready for Alek to go and he wasn't even in the bottom :( I'm not ready for him to go. I just can't believe with his infectious, positive personality that he didn't get more votes. That's just sad. I know at this point they are all so good, so it's almost all on personality. I really thought the negative attitude that Alek showed last week might hurt him...I guess not.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: