Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 21.12 & 21.13: Finale

The Finals!
I literally am so scared to find out who goes tonight! I am worried for Nick since he was in jeopardy last week, and then had the night's lowest scores on top of that. I hope that people are voting for him and not just expecting him to be safe. I hope him being in jeopardy was enough to scare people to get off their butts and vote! It needs to be Nick and Bindi as the Final 2! With that said, Carlos better be #3, and Alek better be going home. I'm sorry the "hero" vote has got to end and we need to be putting the best dancers in the final 3.

Round 1: Judges' Picks

Carlos & Witney - Foxtrot
Mentor: Bruno
He looks so dapper! I love his connection with Witney during the dance. There seemed to be lot of different dance styles incorporated into this foxtrot. It had so much sexiness that it felt like a rumba or an Argentine tango. I really enjoyed it, but I hope the judges saw enough foxtrot.
Score: 30 (his 1st perfect score!)

Alek & Lindsay - Rumba
Mentor: Carrie Ann
He was still too stiff at times, but I think he did loosen up some from what he usually does. He was right, he just can't get into that romantic place with Lindsay. He nailed that the week he did the rumba with Emma, but the connection could have been so much stronger. It was really nice, but I think the choreography was way too easy for this stage of the competition. I hope the judges score him appropriately.
Score: 27

Nick & Sharna - Jive
Mentor: Julianne
I'm so excited to his him tackle the jive again! He had a slip-up the first time and the timing was off...I KNOW he can do it so much better this time (as long as he doesn't let his head get in his way the way it did last week). His speed is so much more on-point than it was in week 2 when he did this last. He was in his L"Nick" groove and he was feeling it! I sure hope the judges don't see anything wrong with this, because I think it's flawless! He is hitting absolutely every beat! He even had a great jump off his back on the floor! He was on fire..as red-hot as Sharna's hair! And then he ran so fast up the stairs that he left Sharna behind! How in the world did he have that much energy left!
Score: 30

Bindi & Derek - Quickstep
Mentor: Carrie Ann
Poor Derek...now he's so sick! Can he ever be 100% healthy? Look at Miss Bindi as a headliner! I didn't think they could do a quickstep any quicker than the first time they did it, but I should never say "never" with Derek! This thing was insanely fast! What a fun, jam-packed routine! She is simply amazing. And she always has so much fun and you can see it all over her face. I don't know how she can have so much fun, bubbly energy and not show exhaustion, at al! She's just such a joy. Flawless! She sparkles even more than her dress!
Score: 30

Round 2: Freestyle

Carlos & Witney
Wow, upping the ante! They invite Hayes, Alexa, and Paula Deen (Paula, really?) to be a part of their dance. They're doing a mixture of hip-hop and salsa.

I love the beginning with the lights in their hands...cool effect! Carlos is dominating Witney on the hip-hop! I LOVE that he got to dance with Alexa! That was such a neat idea! Whoa...he just lifted her straight up over his head! I didn't know he was that strong! Nice job! I don't think it will win it for him, but he put on a good show. I think the choreography could have been a little stronger. i would have liked to see some more Latin dance in there because that is a major strength of his as of late (I didn't see much of the salsa Witney was talking about). I'm not sure Witney nailed it for him. I think he was right, it should have focused more on them and less on the other dancers.
Score: 30

Alek & Lindsay
Let me guess...this will have something army related? That's his strongest vote pull, so of course they're going to use it to their advantage, yet again.

I love the song choice: OneRepublic's "Marchin' On". I have to hand it to Lindsay, she really pushed the envelope with the physicality. The large wall and ropes was risky, but it paid off. She did a really great job catering to his strengths. Of course there was a huge lift at the end and he nailed it. It ended with them freefalling backwards over the wall and into the shadows...that was really cool! That was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Lindsay did a great job for her first freestyle. Not everyone can handle the pressure of the freestyle their first time around, but she did it!
Score: 30

Bindi & Derek
"Footprints in the Sand" by Leona Lewis (although not her version) - what a great song to choose for Bindi in the finals! I love their connection as partners and how they've impacted each other's lives. He knows her strengths and he knows her so well that he is going to put together something so meaningful and powerful to do her justice. It's not going to be a big production and I'm glad. It's going to be just a stripped down rumba/contemporary piece.

Not much to comment on...I'm just in awe. Goosebumps all over. Such a beautiful dance...I'm pretty much in tears! And then the goosebumps again! Wow...just wow. I expected nothing less from her and from Derek. Bravo! And then the picture of her and her dad up on the big screen at the end! Holy crap, so many tears! And then we find out that Derek surprised her with that photo...she didn't know that was going to be put up there. Wow!
Score: 30

Nick & Sharna
Woo! They are getting the final spot, so this must be really big!! Bindi's dance is going to be so hard to top! I really hope they throw in a lot of Backstreet Boys moves! What would be awesome would be to have them in it, or singing the song or something. I think I would die! I hope Sharna is up to the task and doesn't get lost in trying to do too much. Just let Nick show us what he can do and he'll be great! I don't want some over-the-top production that we lose him. It's happened so many times before, and I don't want to see it happen to him! And yes, they're dancing to The Backstreet Boys'  "Larger than Life"...I have high expectations!

It was like being at a BSB concert! He did have dancers behind him, but he was the star. I love that varying dance styles they threw in. And the rest of it was just him out in front commanding the stage. I would have liked a little bit more of them together and maybe a little bit more coverage of the floor instead of just being on the stage...but...it was still so amazing and I hope it's enough to get him to the final 2 (because I don't think there's any beating Bindi). If I'm being honest, I think had all the others not gotten 30s, I think they could find reasons not to give it all 10s.
Score: 30

Week 11 Standings, part 1

Bindi & Derek - 30 + 30 = 60
Carlos & Witney - 30 + 30 = 60
Nick & Sharna - 30 + 30 = 60
Alek & Lindsay - 27 + 30 = 57

Results

In Jeopardy: Nik & Sharna, Carlos & Witney
Going Home: Carlos & Witney

Oh my gosh...almost had a heart attack! I can't believe that Alek made it through again! Carlos deserved to be in the final over Alek, like seriously! But if it came down to Carlos and Nick then obviously, it had to be Nick. I was so worried because he had the lowest votes last week, and stranger things have happened! Well, at least Bindi and Nick both made it...that's really what matters.

Round 3: 24-Hour Fusion

Nick & Sharna - Salsa/Tango
I like these 2 styles and I can't wait to see what Sharna came up with. This is so sad that it's their last dance!This just made me smile from start to finish!  Iloved everything about this! It was hot, it was fast, there was TONS of great and really HARD choreography! It was perfectly interwined. He did some amazing lifts that I didn't know he had in him! That lift with her legs around his neck and him spinning around?! Yes! I'm so glad he delivered an amazing last dance! Let's hope its enough to push him past Alek. I want to see it again!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! I just love his goofy and sincere gratitude for this dance and this season. Love him!
Score: 30

Alek & Lindsay - Rumba/Tango
Sorry Alek, I'm hoping for a less than perfect score for you because Nick deserves 2nd or 1st and you must come in 3rd for this season to have the right ending. Sorry, you've been great, but you maxed out your potential at about mid-point this season. He has been getting a lot of rumba practice in the last few weeks. Lindsay did a great job with the choreography and married the 2 styles very nidely. Alek was too stiff even for the tango. He seemed really uncomfortable and nervous. If the judges reward that with a perfect score, something is rigged. He didn't do any better with the rumba tonight than he did last night. His rumba last night didn't get a perfect score, so this shouldn't either.
Score: 27

Bindi & Derek - Cha Cha/Argentine Tango
I'm really going to miss seeing her dance every week. We all need a little bit of Bindi's ray of sunshine in our lives. A great end to her season, and I think solidifying her win. What a great dance. I mean, who expects anything less at this point. Derek is a master and he's done so much for Bindi this season. Truly a beautiful partnership. <3
Score: 30

Finale Standings

Nick & Sharna - 30 + 30 + 30 = 90
Bindi & Derek - 30 + 30 +30 = 90
Alek & Lindsay - 27 + 30 +27 = 84

Final Results of Season 21!

3rd Place: Alek & Lindsay (Thank you!!!)
2nd Place: Nick & Sharna
WINNER: BINDI & DEREK

What a season! I've enjoyed every second! In any other season, I would have whole-heartedly been rooting for Nick, and he would have easily won. But this season, how can you root against Bindi? Just not possible. So, as it should be, Nick and Bindi were the final 2 and we ended the season with the perfect ending. I just can't say enough how I love both of them and I'm so proud of each of them!

And, I can't go without mentioning that this is Derek's 6th win!!!! He's the king!

I can't wait for Season 22 in March and I can't wait to find out who we will be rooting for!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: