Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 21.11

Cast Update: Unfortunately, Tamar's illness was much worse than they originally thought. Last week, she was admitted to the hospital before the show, and managed to make it back for her second dance. After the show, she went back to the hospital for more tests. They found blood clots in both of her lungs. The seriousness of this forced her to withdraw from the competition. Therefore, no one else will be eliminated this week, and the remaining 4 pairs will move on to the finale next week. 

Round 1

Bindi & Derek – Salsa
Bright pink! You sure can't miss them! Such fast moves and fast lifts. She looked like she was having a blast. She ended by crowd surfing...what fun! Great routine! I think she has gotten so much more flexible than when she started. She is really becoming quite the dancer and it is so much fun to watch.
Score: 27

Alek & Lindsay – Waltz
Her dress is gorgeous! This dance really suits his rather stiff style. He's got great lines and dances in hold very well. Nothing outstanding about this dance, but it was nice.
Score: 30

Carlos & Witney – Contemporary
Yes, shirtless Carlos! Interesting hanging rope prop in the middle of the floor. He is really bringing the drama and facial expressions in this dance. I've noticed a lot of improvement with this in recent weeks. He's really going for it and not holding anything back. I love the aerial work and him spinning on the rope at the end! That was insane! He was spinning so fast!!! We've never seen anything like that on this show before, except for maybe in a finale freestyle event. That was so cool! I loved everything about this performance! I can't believe Carrie Ann didn't get it and thought that he overacted it. What?!
Score: 28

Nik & Sharna – Tango
He looks so hot in all black! Love Sharna's dress! There was a weird section at the middle where they just stopped and mouthed the words of the song to each other and Sharna appeared to be giving him a little pep talk. I don't think that was planned. Not quite sure what that was all about. I feel like the beginning his feet were getting away from him. I hope the judges like this because I think he messed up. I wanted to love this, but I'm afraid it kind of went wrong. He will come back from it, I know he will. That's a shame. Come on Nick, you can do it!
Score: 24

Round 2: Dance-Off

Winner gets 3 points added to their score.

Carlos vs. Alek – Cha Cha
Alek did OK, and was a little bit looser than he has been on the Latin styles. I love him showing some skin at the end with that slide.

Carlos was really feeling this and he looked so good! Lots of quick steps and he was so smooth.

WINNER: Carlos & Witney (2-1)

Bindi vs. Nick – Samba
Bindi was so strong as usual. She had the body rolls going on, which the judges criticized her for in her first dance. I loved the jumps and rolls by Derek. That was so good! She never disappoints.

Nick had great rhythm and was definitely feeling the beat. This was so good! I just love watching him dance.

WINNER: Bindi & Derek (3-0)

Round 3: Trios

Bindi & Derek w/ Mark - Jazz
You know it's going to be an epic performance when you put Derek and Mark together. Bindi is one lucky girl! They are going to try to incorporate this box, and let's just say the rehearsals look really painful. I can't take my eyes off of her! They are all in black. The box and then a rope and a light bulb on the end. She is whipping it all around her neck and this is just insanely good! Holy crap! So creative, so inventive, and she danced it like a true pro! And by the way, I'm so glad Mark was able to dance in this. Earlier in the week, Mark said he wasn't sure if Mark would able to dance because he hurt his foot on some glass. What is it with these guys and their feet! 

UPDATE: So, reading Derek's weekly blog, he described what happened with Mark's foot. He said, "So last week, Mark came in and told me he got some glass in his foot and he wasn't sure if he could still do the trio. I said, "OK," and we walked into the studio and Bindi runs up to us, waving her phone, going, "Look at these pictures of my feet from last night." We both almost threw up on the spot. They were like a flesh-eating monster. It was something straight out of The Walking Dead. I get nauseous just thinking about them! And of course, she was her usual, cheery self, like, "It's not a big deal. I'm fine." But poor Mark. He looked at it and was all sheepish like, "Uh, OK, I guess I have to dance. No excuse!""
Score: 30

Alek & Lindsay w/ Emma – Argentine Tango
He is so funny...everyone knew who he would want for his trio pick. Remember back to the switch-up week, and he was with Emma? Those 2 had absolutely insane chemistry. Those girls look smokin' hot! This was so sexy! He finally brought some fire to his routine. It still could have been a little steamier for his part to match the girls. The lifts of course were off the hook! His slide at the end was really weak. I was really hoping he would bring the fire like he did the last time he danced with Emma. He did a little bit, but he still could give so much more, I think, especially at the end. It was good, but this is the semi-final, and I think it needs to be so much more.
Score: 27

Carlos & Witney w/ Karina – Charleston
This is going to be so much fun, I think! This is a totally new character for him. He is so up to the challenge! That face...he is so nailing the character, I love it! They are very in sync and on every beat. What a cool lift. I loved everything about this, and I didn't want it to end! So cool! That better bring some high scores!
Score: 29

Nick & Sharna w/ Peta – Salsa
This was party time! Nick found his groove again! I'm so glad! He was owning that dance and both of those lovely ladies! Sick slide at the end, and right back into synchronized moves that were all on point. That was so good! So proud of Nick! He needs a perfect score to keep him in this. Even with a perfect score, he is still going to be at the bottom of the leaderboard. Everyone please vote! He deserves to be in the finals!!!! I did my part, please do yours!
Score: 30

Week 10 Standings
Bindi & Derek – 27 + 3 + 30 = 60
Carlos & Witney – 28 + 3 + 29 = 60
Alek & Lindsay – 30 + 27 = 57
Nick & Sharna – 24 + 30 = 54

So, even though Tamar is out, they still had the dancers line up to find out who was safe and who was in jeopardy. What?! They announce that Nick & Sharna and Bindi & Derek were in jeopardy and the others were safe. What?! I'm like having a heart attack because my 2 favorites, and the best 2 are in jeopardy? Are they trying to kill me? One of these 2 honestly had the fewest combined votes and judges scores? That cannot possibly be true, and if it is, that is seriously a scary thought. Luckily, to everyone's relief, everyone is safe and going to the finals. WHEW! I've never seen Nick looked so scared! I'm really worried about him next week, because if it was in fact him who was at the bottom, he is in big trouble because he had the lowest judges' scores this week. Rather than take any chances, I used all of my votes on him this week instead of splitting them between him and Bindi. Hoping for Nick and Bindi in the finals the way it should be! Alek better go before Carlos because Carlos has really proved himself over the past several weeks, and Alek has kind of just floated along doing really well, but not living up to his potential. 

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: