Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 9.14

The Live Playoffs, Night 2

After all the performances are done, I realize that EVERY single singer that I'm super excited about and love..are ALL on either Adam's team or Gwen's team. There are a few people on Blake's and Pharrell's teams that I really like, but the ones I love and would want to vote for are on Adam's and Gwen's teams. Interesting.

Team Blake

Ivonne Acero
"One of Us" by Joan Osborne
This is a great song choice for her. Overall, it was a really good performance. It kind of bothers me how she pronounces some of her words, but vocally, she did great. She had some amazing notes at the end.
My Score: A-

Morgan Frazier
"Lips of an Angel" by Jack Ingram
So, I don't know the country version of this song, but I do not the rock version by Hinder. I like this song, so I'm interested to hear what she does with it as a female singer, singing it as a country song. After hearing it, I'm not really sure that this works as a country song. I'm not really buying what she's trying to sell. I hear some nervousness in her voice and some shaky notes. I think she has a good voice, but this was not her best performance.
My Score: B-

Zach Seabaugh
"Brand New Girlfriend" by Steve Holy
He is just so gosh darn cute! I don't care for the song, but he did an amazing job with it. His voice is really great...even if he is country. He is a great performer and really connects with the crowd.
My Score: A-

Nadjah Nicole - BLAKE'S COMEBACK PICK
"Upside Down" by Diana Ross
Really, he picked her? I really 100% expected him to bring back Blind Joe. We already have Regina, and Celeste, who Pharrell brought back...we don't need her now, too. Gee, I wonder if she's wearing hair extensions? Seeing as in her rehearsals she had like no hair, and now she has hair that goes all the way down her back? Yeah...kind of obvious. I will say that I think it improved her looks though, so there is that. Vocally, I actually liked this performance a lot more than I thought I would. I would say between her, Regina and Celeste, she would be my favorite. This performance wasn't expected, and she did the opposite of what drives me nuts about people like Regina and Celeste. So, way to go Nadjah! I guess Blake made a good decision.
My Score: A

Emily Ann Roberts
"In the Garden" by Charles A. Miles
Not only is she beautiful, but she has the most beautiful voice. I always enjoy her performances. This was an incredible performance. One of the best of the night, for sure.
My Score: A+

Barrett Baber
"I Drive Your Truck" by Lee Brice
I am not a fan of country songs like this. He did a good job with the song, and he's got a great country voice. I'm not blown away, but it was a good performance.
My Score: A-

Team Pharrell

Darius Scott
"Love Lock Down" by Kanye West
Interesting song choice. I think this could be good for him. I like his version, but what I DON'T LIKE is the ridiculously stupid accompanying music! That is usually not a factor in a performance, but the random piano notes that sounded like a 5-year-old just hitting random keys, and at a much too high volume were so distracting! Vocally, he was giving a really good performance. He toned down some of his usually over-the-top runs and saved them for the end this time so they weren't so annoying. Very interesting. I wouldn't say I loved it, or that I was blown away, but I give him props for rearranging the song a bit.
My Score: B+

Evan McKeel
"Overjoyed" by Stevie Wonder
Not a fan of the song. This song is well-suited for his voice, but I'm just not crazy about it at all. Pretty much a snoozefest going on He hit all the notes, and vocally sounded great, but the song needed to be something...anything else. Unfortunaely, I just couldn't wait for the song to end.
My Score: B

Madi Davis
"Songbird" by Fleetwood Mac
I didn't love this song choice. I think it was an OK performance, but not one of my favorites for her. She has some weird pronunciation things with her voice kind of like Ivonne. Vocally, I think she sang well, but I didn't love the performance.
My Score: B+

Celeste Betton- PHARRELL'S COMEBACK PICK
"Something in the Water" by Carrie Underwood
Really, he picked to bring back her? I guess I should have expected that from him. I was really hoping he would bring back little Siahna. I didn't care for Celeste's performance. I didn't see anything great or unique about her performance. She sang loud, but we already have Regina in the competition for that. I don't really see anything different between them. I actually found the loud parts of her performance hard to listen to...kind of made my ears hurt. I had to turn the volume down on my TV.
My Score: B-

Riley Biederer
"Should Have Been Us" by Tori Kelly
I really like her voice. I always enjoy her performances. There really isn't anyone like her in the competition right now. She has a unique sound. She can do so many cool things with her voice.
My Score: A

Mark Hood
"What Do You Mean" by Justin Bieber
This could be interesting. Out of all of Justin Bieber's songs, this is one I actually don't care for. He made it his own and he performed the heck out of it. It's not my favorite performance of his, but vocally, he was still really good. I like the risk he took, and I think singing a current song can only help him. I think his one really high note was not on pitch, but other than that, it was a good performance.
My Score: B+

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: