Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 10.11

The last of the Knockout Round

Team Adam

Brian Nhira vs. Nate Butler

Brian - "Grenade" by Bruno Mars
I love this song, and it is perfect for Bruno. He hasn't sounded this good in a long time. He totally rocked this. Ooh, until he hit some really wonky notes. His voice kind of gave out on him there. Those couple of notes aside, the rest of the performance was stellar. His high notes toward the end were really good. I hope he comes away with the win. I didn't think Pharrell should have let him go in the first place.

Nate - "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green
Seriously, come on...what is with people and these ancient songs. There are so many songs out there. Why do we need to continue to recycle the bottom of the barrel? I hate this song! Boring, boring, boring. I used to like Nate, but this song choice shows me what kind of an artist he wants to be, and it's not someone I want to hear anything more from. He sang it fine, but it was nothing special by any means. I couldn't wait for it to be over. Very mediocre at best. It's disturbing how much the coaches are in awe of this.

WINNER: Brian

Jessica Crosbie vs. Laith Al-Saadi

Jessica - "Wake Me Up" by Avicii
This was a nice performance. I don't know that it was anything spectacular or memorable. She has a very effortless voice that is very light and airy. Maybe not quite the right song for that type of voice.

Laith - "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel
It sure is nice to see him do a little different. This actually made me kind of like him for the first time. He actually sounded really great on this song. He hit the high notes flawlessly, which really surprised me. We're so used to his gravely voice, but the high notes were really smooth and crystal-clear. The pitch was perfect. I really enjoyed this performance a lot.

WINNER: Laith

Caroline Burns vs. Katherine Ho - we didn't get to see
WINNER: Caroline

Team Blake

Brittany Kennell vs. Mary Sarah

Mary Sarah - "You Ain't Woman Enough (To Take My Man)" by Loretta Lynn
Ugh! Bad song choice. Just too country for me. I've liked her voice when she has sung other songs, but this is too country. There were parts that were too low for her. I had a little bit of trouble understanding what she was singing. I did like her last line of the song, it was really pretty.

Brittany Kennell - "You're Still the One" by Shania Twain
Great song choice! She really didn't do as well with this song as I would have hoped. I didn't really think her voice sounded that great. There were some OK moments, but she sounded pretty off for the whole song. I think this is a no-brainer for Blake. He always picks the younger, blonde country girls over anyone else, anyway. I would be shocked if he doesn't pick Mary Sarah. Side note: I loved what Miley did when she sang in rehearsals!

WINNER: Mary 

Team Christina

Bryan Bautista vs. Trey O'Dell
I don't want to lose either of these guys!

Bryan - "Sorry" by Justin Bieber
Like the song choice! I love the reggae thing he did with it. His voice is so beautiful! I've got goosebumps already! The more I see of him, the more I love him. He really knows how to work the stage and give a great performance. He made some really smart and surprising choices that really worked for the song. Wow, that was really, really good!

Trey - "I Live" by OneRepublic
Also a great song choice! This is going to be tough! He did a really good job, but it kind of felt a little bit disjointed. There were some pitch issues, but overall, it was pretty good.

WINNER: Bryan

Joe Maye vs.  Kata Hay
This is the last Knockout, and Blake has 1 steal left. That means Kata will be staying one way or another. Ugh!

Joe - "Earned It" by The Weeknd
I hope he wins this! This was a pretty good performance. He did some nice things with the song. He might have been a little sketchy on the falsetto in a couple places. It sounded like nerves. We know he can sing because - just look at his audition when he sang with Christina. Enough said.

Kata - "Why Haven't I Heard From You" by Reba McIntyre
I haven't liked her from the beginning. Her personality is just annoying, and she's even more annoying when she starts singing. I hate her song choices and I hate how over-the-top she performs. I will say that this was probably her best performance so far, but I'm still not a fan.I really hope Christina sticks with Joe and lets Blake have Kata. We all know she belongs on his team anyway.

WINNER: Kata
STEAL: Joe is stolen by Blake

Team Pharrell

Abby Celso vs. Caity Peters

Abby - "Rich Girl" by Hall & Oates
Not a fan of this song at all. It did not sound great with her very low and deep voice. It just sounded odd. Once she got to the chorus, and it was a little higher, it got much better.

Caity - "Leave Your Lover" by Sam Smith
I'm not familiar with this song. I know Sam Smith, and I've heard of this song before, but I've never actually heard it, so I'm not sure how to compare it to the original. I will say that I liked what she did with it. The end was a bit too low for her, but the rest of the song was really lovely.

WINNER: Caity


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: