Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 22.5

Theme: Switch-up
Based on viewer's votes, the couples have been switched this week. Guest judge this week is Maks Cherkovskiy. This week there is no elimination!

Wanya (Lindsay) & Witney - Tango
With Witney and Lindsay being so similar and best friends, I don't think his transition was too difficult. This is the first ballroom dance for him (at least I think it is). He seemed to have a really good hold, but it did look like he wanted to slip out of it every now and then and do his own thing. I really enjoyed this dance. Very nice!
Score: 30



Kim (Sasha) & Keo - Viennese Waltz
I really, really like this pair together! The song was horrible, but they were so cute! They seemed very in-tune with each other. The dance flowed and had a very beautiful story. Kim is still impressing me every single week. Maks really called Keo out for not choreographing a Viennese Waltz. Keo said that the big height difference made it hard for him to choreograph a proper dance.
Score: 28




Doug (Karina) & Peta - Tango
I was hoping this Tango would bring out the Doug that we saw in the Paso Doble. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to bring the fierceness. He had some intensity, but he seemed to stumble around a lot and he seemed unsure of himself. He lacked a little confidence, I think.
Score: 28



Ginger (Val) & Mark - Salsa
She is one sassy chica. That upside down lift/spin was pretty cool. She has a lot of rhythm and fast hips. The salsa is a perfect dance for her personality. Great performance as usual!
Score: 32



Antonio (Sharna) & Karina - Cha Cha
He did a front flip onto the dancefloor! Look at those abs! I'm loving this dance! He has such a smooth swagger for this dance and it is so much fun to watch! I loved his own personality showing through this dance. It might have been a little on the slow side, but that was partly due to the song. It was still a very fun routine!
Score: 26



Paige (Mark) & Sasha - Rumba
Sasha has to be LOVING this switch-up! Paige is the best celebrity to get! I think they will make a great pair. She looks so beautiful! They moved so effortlessly with each other. They had a very deep connection that really brought the story to life. That one-legged spin was so fast! Wow, that dance was incredible! Unfortunately, Maks nailed Sasha for not having any rumba moves (except for one). I will agree that it did feel a bit more contemporary than rumba, but man, was it a gorgeous dance!
Score: 31



Von (Witney) & Lindsay - Jive
A football guy doing a country jive...oh boy. This sure was an interesting dance. I think he looked the most out of his comfort zone on this one. He looked like he was thinking about the steps, sand I don't fell like he was real sure of himself. I think he hit all the steps and they were pretty in sync, but this was not my favorite dance of his.
Score: 29



Nyle (Peta) & Sharna - Viennese Waltz
I love that she really wanted to dance with him. She has a very difficult task in learning how to connect with and teach him. If anyone can do it, I think she can. She taught a guy without and arm and a leg, so she is great. How cool was it for Tyra to come and watch him in rehearsal and at the show. And she was so emotional! Nyle didn't skip a beat with Shara. He looked awesome. The dance was so graceful and elegant. I loved their tender moments and then that beautiful smile of his. Swoon. I think he actually showed more of a connection with Sharna than he has with Peta! And he's seemed so connected to Peta...but something felt different and more raw in this dance. He had Carrie Ann and Peta in tears! And he made Maks swear in amazement of his talent. Priceless.
Score: 37 - he got the first 10 of the competition - and it was from LEN! (voting scandal as Maks and Bruno also held up 10s, but they said only Len's was legitimate...he got robbed!)



Jodie (Keo) & Val - Paso Doble
I'm so glad Jodie got paired with Val! For one, he guest starred on Fuller House and they paired up for a dance, so they already have chemistry. And two, I think she will benefit from a seasoned veteran like Val. Nothing against Keo, but he has the least amount of experience (on this show) and I think he still has some work to do on his teaching skills and his choreography. Also, surprisingly, he said Jodie was his first crush in America! You can tell she just feels more comfortable with Val. I really wish this was the original partnership and that it wasn't just for this week. I was happy Keo finally got a good partner, but I'm realizing that I think he's holding her back and she's not performing up to her potential. This dance was full of fire and passion and it was so strong! Much better than last week's debacle. Good for you, Jodie!
Score: 35




Week 5 Leaderboard

Nyle (Peta) & Sharna - 37
Jodie (Keo) & Val - 35
Ginger (Val) & Mark - 32
Paige (Mark) & Sasha - 31
Wanya (Lindsay) & Witney -30
Von (Witney) & Lindsay - 29
Doug (Karina) & Peta - 28
Kim (Sasha) & Keo - 28
Antonio (Sharna) & Karina - 26



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: