Monday, February 29, 2016

The Voice, Ep 10.1

Can you believe this is Season 10?! Wow!

The coaching chairs will be occupied this season by: Adam, Pharrell, Christina, and Blake.

Let the Blind Auditions begin!

Team Adam

Mike Schiavo, 21
It only took a couple words for Adam and Pharrell to turn around, I wasn't sure what kind of style to expect from him. I liked his song choice and I loved what he did with it ("Talking Body" by Tove Lo). He had a really cool vibe. The more I'm hearing, the more I love him. He had a lot of really interesting things to his voice. He was soft and smooth, and then it got a little gritty. Very intriguing! I can't wait to hear more from him! He loves Maroon 5, so how cool that Adam sang "She Will be Loved" with him?! And it was magical! I totally got the goosebumps! Even though Adam was intermittently saying what chords to do. That was cool. He definitely made the right choice going with Adam.
Chair Turns: 3 (Adam, Pharrell, Blake)

John Gilman, 23
He looks a lot older than 23. Interesting style. I don't know that I necesarily like it. It's very folksy and kind of 50s. I'm bummed that Blake didn't push his button because he would have been a good fit for Team Blake.
Chair Turns: 1

Team Blake

Paxton Ingram, 23
I wasn't expecting his voice to sound the way it did. His voice reminds me of someone, but I'm not quite sure who. Ne-Yo? This was such a good performance. He didn't seem like he was auditioning. I think he made a big mistake picking Blake. Blake will do nothing for him. It's surprising because he said he couldn't wait to learn from Pharrell.
Chair Turns: 3 (Blake, Adam, Pharrell)

Mary Sarah, 20
Who does she look like? She looks really familiar. OK, did not exect that voice. "Where the Boys Are?" Seriously. Just no. She might have a decent voice, but you lose some major points for the song choice. There was something really tinny about her pitch when she sang really high. I have a feeling that her voice will get really annoying, really, really quickly.
Chair Turns: 4

Team Christina

Bryan Bautista, 23
I thought I remembered him. He tried out last season. I was a little surprised he didn't get any chair turns last time. I think his song choice was better last time. The beginning of the song didn't really show off his voice. I did like the breakdown in the middle in his falsetto. That was really strong.
Chair Turns: 2 (Christina, Blake)

Alison Porter, 34
She was a popular child actor ("Curly Sue"). She looks nothing like she did back then. I'm not loving her song choice. She does have a pretty voice though. Her high notes were pretty screetchy.
Chair Turns: 4

Team Pharrell

Caity Peters, 21
I didn't expect her to have such a deep, rich texture to her voice. There was something really cool about this performance. She showed a nice range of loud and soft. It was really good, and I really wanted to hear more!
Chair Turns: 4

Nick Hagelin, 28
Cute, cute guy! And his story...wow. What can't this guy do? He's a classicly trained ballet dancer, he's a singer, and he's got the cutest kid who has a disability and he taught him how to walk. He's taking a big risk singing Adam's song, "Lost Stars". He gave a really nice performance. He actually sounded a lot like Adam on the high falsetto part of the song. His voice sounded very different from Adam's on the rest of the song, which was interesting.
Chair Turns: 3 (Pharrell, Christina, Blake)

Abby Celso, 20
She has such a low voice...not my cup o' tea. I liked the 2nd half of the song when she did some falsetto and it was in higher key. It was a pretty good performance.
Chair Turns: 2 (Adam, Pharrell)


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: