Thursday, February 4, 2016

American Idol, Ep. 15.10

Tonight we go from 51 to 24. It's the Final Judgement: "The Green Mile"

Update: I was able to find each of the top 24's performances, INCLUDING the ones that they didn't show on the show! Those performances are now embedded below my original responses for each singer. 

Top 24

Girls

Amelia Eisenhauer
"New York State of Mind" by Billy Joel
I'm not as impressed with her as the judges are. The violin makes her different, but I don't think her voice is that strong.


Avalon Young
"Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" by Chris Brown
Interesting song choice. It wasn't my favorite of hers, mostly because of the song. I do like her voice though.


Emily Brooke 
"So Small" by Carrie Underwood
She chose a great song, and she did a good job. Her long held-out notes were really strong.


Gianna Isabella
"I Still Believe" by Brenda K. Starr/Mariah Carey
Ouch...mama is meddling a little too much again. Mama needs to take a step back. I actually didn't love her singing her mom's song. I don't think it was her best performance. She was kind of singing in her throat and it was a little grating. She's still so young, I'm not sure if she will hold up for the duration of the competition.


Jenn Blosil 
"The Hanging Tree" by Jennifer Lawrence (from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1)
Interesting performance again. Same thing I say every time: too much screeching. Constant screeching is just hard on the ears. And she's just so flaky. Ugh.


Jenna Renae
I seriously don't remember this girl. She's either gotten no air time, or she has been really unmemorable.


Jeneve Rose Mitchell
"Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash
No. No. No. So wrong on so many levels. I don't know what you call this performance. And again I say, this is not good singing and how does no one else agree with me? Yes, she's different. But different doesn't always mean good. She is not ready for this competition. Hollywood is going to eat her alive.


LaPorsha Renae 
"The House Of The Rising Sun" by The Animals
It comes down to her vs. Lindita. Do we really need to guess which one was going through? Pretty much a no-brainer. Honestly, you know I would have much rather seen Lindita go through, however, my opinion of her type of singing is always in the minority...always. I give LaPorsha props for picking some pretty decent songs and not sticking to the "diva" songs from Aretha, Whitney, etc. For the most part, I actually liked her performance. But I have a HUGE problem with the ending. I can't even put into words what she did with the "ay-ye-ye-ye-ye" at the end. No. Just no. That did NOT warrant the only 3-judge standing ovation (that we saw). Nope. Not at all.


Olivia Rox 
"Love Somebody" by Maroon 5
I was a little bit disappointed with this. It's a great song, but I don't think it was right for her. I normally really like her, but I didn't love this performance for some reason. Maybe it's because she was sick, but I don't think that was it completely. I do like her, so I'm glad we get to see more from her.


Shelbie Z
"Barracuda" by Heart
Nice to see her doing something other than country again. As much as I don't like her personality, she does have an incredible voice.


Sonika Vaid 
"I Surrender" by Celine Dion
Another really strong performance from Sonika. She showed some real power on this song. She had the quiet that she is so good at, but she did show some powerful dynamics at the end. Really nice! One of my favorite girls.


Stephany Negrete
"Girl on Fire" by Alicia Keys
I get more impressed with her every time I see her. Great song choice.


Tristan McIntosh 
"Stronger" by Faith Hill
She's actually getting better every time I hear her. I hadn't heard that song before, but I really liked it. And she keeps changing up her looks. She went with really straight hair before and now it grew about 24" and was a little curly. She looks so much more mature.



Guys

Adam Lasher
Can I get a big "WOOHOO!" I was worried about him because he has gotten like 0 air time since his audition. I honestly can't believe they put him through. I mean, I can, but based on what they've shown of him, I thought he was getting the "loser" edit. And why couldn't we at least get to hear him sing?! The spoilers said he sang "Stay" by Rihanna. I REALLY wanted to hear that!!!


CJ Johnson
"Parachute" by Chris Stapleton
I don't know this song, but I'm enjoying his performance. He is really coming alive and getting better with every performance. He's climbing the ranks of my guy favorites very quickly. I think I've finally put together who he reminds me of. I think he's a combination of Lee DeWyze, Alex Preston, and Caleb Johnson.


Dalton Rapattoni
"It's Gonna Be Me" by N'Sync
You know what I'm going to say, right?! Unbelievably awesome! I love what he did with the song. It was maybe a little too theatrical with his movements on stage, but he's got a presence and I am so drawn in by every performance. <3 <3 Not only do I love to hear him sing, I love to hear him talk. That sounds weird, but he's so witty and he just makes me smile.


James VIII
Seriously?! Thought the spoilers might be wrong on this one. He is probably the biggest dark horse for the guys. But I'm so glad he made it because I really loved his last performance. And just a side note...remember his friend that forced him to try out? Amber Lynn? Yeah, she's been MIA this entire process. He is now in the top 24, and she didn't even make the top 51.


Jordan Sasser
"Love Runs Out" by One Republic
Love this song! Whoa, he's got his hair down! We haven't seen him like that before. I think he did a pretty good job with a difficult song to sound good on. His last notes were pretty amazing. And he held that last note for a ridiculously long time! Wow! Still a fan.


Kory Wheeler
Nice!


Lee Jean
"Make It Rain" by Foy Vance/Ed Sheeran
Another great song choice for Lee. He kind of cracked on the high falsetto note. But, he did some really amazing things with his runs and a switch to a minor key. It was really cool. I love this kid. he got scolded by J. Lo for telling the crowd to shhh 2 times during his performance. Ouch.


Mackenzie Bourg
"I Can't Help Falling in Love with You" by Elvis
Beautiful. Just beautiful. <3 I love that he changed the song up. So impressed. People get on board with Mackenzie...he's the real deal.


Manny Torres 
"Master Blaster (Jammin')" by Stevie Wonder
Ooh...what happened Manny? This is a very, very uncharacteristic performance from him. He is usually so smooth and flawless. But this, he's just all over the place and forgetting the words. Is it because he's not performing with his guitar? This is not the time to have an off performance. It's also the first song choice that I haven't liked from him. Looking forward to putting that one behind him.


Thomas Stringfellow 
"Story Of My Life" by One Direction
Great song choice. He has had some stumbles as of late, but this was a much better performance. He might be dealing with heartbreak (his girlfriend of 1 year broke up with him 3 days ago because she thought he might leave her), but he looked like he was having fun on that stage. He had a couple voice cracks, but that is kind of his thing. the thing that bothers me the most with his is how on every single line he sings, he ends it with a high-pitched squeak that sounds like he has the hiccups. Literally...every...single...line. If it wasn't for that, I would really like him. I love hs tone, but dude, stop the hiccups. Stop them now.


Trent Harmon
"Tiny Dancer" by Elton John
He needs to lose the hat (please not another Rayvon). But, he's getting stronger every performance. That was actually a really good performance. He must be feeling better.


Going Home

Girls

Ameet Kanon

Anatalia Villaranda
She had drama in the group round, but I actually really liked her voice. I would much rather of had her than a couple other girls they put through.

Ariel Sprague

Chynna Sherrod

Collette Lush
"Like I'm Gonna Lose You" by Meghan Trainor & John Legend
Wow, I kind of forgot about her. We haven't seen much of her since her audition. Her voice seemed to waiver like she was nervous. Her voice kind of cracked in a few places, too.

Jessica Cabral
I seriously can't believe they didn't put her through. Of course, my favorite girl :( I was really hoping the spoiler was wrong.

Jessica Clark

Jordyn Simone

Kassy Levels 

Kayla Mickelsen

Kelsie Watts

Laurel Wright

Lindita Hamili 
"Bang, Bang" by Jessie J., Ariana Grande, & Nicki Minaj
What a big performance! She has so much power in that little body! Too bad they couldn't find one more spot for her...she's fun. Vocals may not be 100% all the time, but she can sing.

Malie Delgado
"Little White Church" by Little Big Town
She's good, but she just clearly isn't at the level of some of the other girls.

Mary Williams

Michelle Marie
"Little Toy Guns" by Carrie Underwood
Not her best by far. I'm not quite sure how she is still here, especially with so many incredible girls this season. She had some big notes, but there were some really off notes. And what was with her makeup? Way too much!

Mionne Destiny 

Sara Sturm 
Oh no, what is her BFF Lee Jean going to do without her?

Shevonne Philidor 

Terrian

Tiffanne LeMay - "Numb" by Usher

Guys

Andrew Nazarbekian 
He was a longshot to make it, but I kind of liked him.

Christian Eason

Isaac Cole
aka Justin Bieber hair...I forgot all about him...didn't know he was still around.

Kacye Haynes 
"Hold On, We're Going Home" by Drake
I did not care for the song or his performance at all. It came down to him and Jordan, and I'm so glad they put Jordan in instead.

Jon Klaasen 

Zach Person



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: