Wednesday, February 17, 2016

American Idol, Ep. 15.13: Top 24, Group 2

Time for Group 2!



Shelbie Z - "Work Hard, Play Harder" by Gretchen Wilson
I knew she would have to get back to her country roots sooner or later. It was an OK performance, but I was pretty bored throughout the whole thing.



Manny Torres - "Adventure of a Lifetime" by Coldplay
Great song choice! It's current, it's fun. I like to see him moving around on stage. His voice sounded great. Fun performance.




Kory Wheeler - "Let it Go" by James Bay
I've decided that I like Kory's voice, but I don't like to watch him perform. If you listen, it was a great performance, but for some reason watching him sing it isn't that great. I can't really put my finger on it, but it's more than just the weird facial expressions. It seemed extremely short to me. Anyone else? I think he sang like 2 lines of the song and it was over in like 30 seconds.



Amelia Eisenhauer - "Wake Me Up" by Avicci
I like this song, but I don't like the way she slowed it way down at the beginning. I'm glad she picked the tempo up. I still don't hear what the judges are hearing with her. I don't think she's that great. Her performance is OK, but not great. The end of the song was much better than the beginning, I will give her that.



Jenn Blossil - "Sorry" by Justin Bieber
Way to go and ruin a great song. Thanks, Jenn. Her voice was intriguing the first time we heard her. That uniqueness has now worn off for me and I'm not a fan. We're not to Joey (last season) levels yet, but we're getting close. The ending she gave the song was just so many unnecessary votes. Ugh. I love that Harry called her out for being out of tune through almost the entire song. Thank you, Harry!



C.J. Johnson - "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain
I'm bummed that he didn't bring the guitar this week. And to do a slow song like this...that's not what we know him for. He sounds great, but this song has been so overdone. Why this song?



Lee Jean - "Runaway" by Ed Sheeran
I seriously love this kid. I love that he sings Ed Sheeran. His smile is so infectious. He looks like he's having so much fun when he's performing. I don't agree with the judges that it wasn't the right song. I liked the performance, but it might be a little forgettable.



Trent Harmon - "What are You Listening To?" by Chris Stapleton
The hats NEED TO GO! That just bugs me about him...it makes his ears stick out even worse. He sings like he's physically in pain. Look how red and strained his face is. Whoa...take it easy dude, you're going to pop that vein on your head. I like that he gets into his songs, but I think he takes it a bit too far. If he could dial that back I would like him a lot better.



Tristan McIntosh - "Good Girl" by Carrie Underwood
This is a very different song choice than we've seen from her so far. She was doing good until the chorus. She was very flat on the high note. That threw her off and it was very pitchy after that. She had a nice big, held out note that was pretty in tune. This wasn't her best performance.



Adam Lasher - "Black and Gold" by Sam Sparro
Oh Adam, why not a song I know? I always enjoy his tone and he always puts on a good show. This song was terrible, though. I was really looking forward to something good from him, but this song was terrible.



Dalton Rapattoni - "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol
I love that I can never predict what song he's going to do, or how he's going to perform it. I love the dramatics that he brings to every song he does. This was a very dark and haunting rendition of this song and I loved it! Talk about giving a performance. He lives and breathes every movement and those eyes! That smile! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this guy! I don't even know what else to say. I run out of words with every performance, so I feel like I'm saying the same things about him week after week. I really, really, really hope America is loving him as much as I am. I really want to pick him as my winner...I'm just afraid that not everyone is going to love him as much as I do. I see so many similarities with Adam Lambert - which bodes well for his career after Idol...but as we saw with Adam, it might not mean that you'll win the show.



Olivia Rox - "Confident" by Demi Lovato
I started out as a fan of Olivia, but I've been underwhelmed since her audition. I don't really care for her guttural tone. I think she sang great and she really performed well. Clearly one of the best of the night. I'm just not sure I love the way she sings. I thought I loved it early on, but now I'm not so sure.



That's it for tonight, but they will be back again tomorrow. Tomorrow night, each singer will be paired with an Idol alum. Coming back are:
  • Chris Daughtry (Season 5 - 4th Place)
  • Constantine Maroulis (Season 4 - 6th Place)
  • David Cook (Season 7 - Winner)
  • Haley Reinhart (Season 10 - 3rd Place)
  • Jordin Sparks (Season 6 - Winner)
  • Kellie Pickler (Season 5 - 6th Place)
Pairs:

Adam Lasher & Haley Reinhart
Amelia Eisenhauer & Kellie Pickler
CJ Johnson & David Cook
Dalton Rapattoni & Chris Daughtry
Jenn Blosil & Constantine Maroulis
Kory Wheeler & Haley Reinhart
Lee Jean & Chris Daughtry
Manny Torres & Jordin Sparks
Olivia Rox & David Cook
Shelbie Zora & Constantine Maroulis
Trent Harmon & Jordin Sparks
Tristan McIntosh & Kellie Pickler


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: