Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 7.14

Live Shows, Night 2: Gwen and Pharrell's teams compete

Team Gwen

Anita Antoinette
"All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor
I love this song...finally she sings a decent song. I really love her look tonight! So the beginning was too low and some of her notes were unintelligible. It got better when she got to the chorus, except she seemed to be kind of off the beat and out of breath. Out of all her performances, this one was the most tolerable. It wasn't my favorite by any means, but for her it was better than what she's done so far.

Ricky Manning
"Lay Me Down" by Sam Smith
This is not my favorite song choice for him. It takes the song a little while to get good. Once he gets to the chorus, it's beautiful. He's got such a great tone. This wasn't my favorite performance of his, but I'm still a fan.

Bryana Salaz
"Amnesia" by 5 Seconds of Summer
Even though this song was originally done by a boy band, it really suits her well. She always sounds amazing. She really connected with the song. I think maybe if she would have sung it a slightly higher key it would have been even better. The end of the song was really good.

Ryan Sill
"I Live" by OneRepublic
This is such a great song, and it's a great song for him. His voice is just so beautiful. I love listening to him. He really brought it big at the end of the song. I love the choices he made with the higher notes at the end, which is a little different than the original, but I liked it. And now that song is officially stuck in my head.

Taylor John Williams
"Stuck in the Middle with You" by Stealers Wheel
He always makes such interesting choices. This wasn't my favorite performance of his, but he did a good job with it. I love the bluesy tone of his voice.

Team Pharrell


Sugar Joans
"Say a Little Prayer for You" by Aretha Franklin
I hate this song! I really hate how she oversang the song. Her vibrato was so overdone and it was really annoying. By the end she was just screaming and screeching. Not impressed.

Jean Kelley
"Piano in the Dark" by Brenda Russell
I'm not familiar with this song, but it was kind of cool! She always gives such an emotional performance. Pharrell's right, she got an actor inside her. She's so dramatic, but she doesn't go overboard with it. And of course she sounded amazing. She's got one of the best voices in the competition, and this performance was just another great one from her.

Elyjah Rene
"Latch" by Disclosure
I'm not sure how I feel about this performance. He sounded great on some parts. I think he did a few too many crazy runs. It sounded like he was doing vocal acrobatics. It got to be a bit much. But man can he nail those high notes!

Danica Shirey
"Help Me" by Joni Mitchell
Yuck, yuck, yuck! Awful song...make it stop. This is seriously the longest song in history...it's never going to end! This is now 2 in a row for her that have just been really bad. She needs to go. And what's with her completely changing her look every performance. Make up your mind who you are and stick with it!

Luke Wade
"Let's Get it On" by Marvin Gaye
Oh how I HATE this song! It's definitely on my top 10 of most awful songs. Looking past the awfulness of this song, its obvious how talented this guy is. He's done great since his audition. My only problem with him is that just about every song he's done have been songs I hate. Sing something current, please Luke! Some Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, or Olly Murs would be perfect for him...if only I was his coach.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: