Monday, November 10, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 7.13

It's time for the Live Shows! America votes to save 2 singers, and the coaches will be saving 1 from their team to move on.

Up first are Team Adam and Team Blake

Team Adam

Chris Jamison
"Don't" by Ed Sheeran
LOVE THIS SONG! I'm so glad he picked it! It is so popular right now, so hopefully that will win some votes. It's definitely a tough song because it's got a lot of words and a tricky rhythm. He totally nailed it! He seriously couldn't have done this song any better. He performed it great too. He always looks so comfortable on stage. I love that he stayed true to the original, but he also added some of his stuff to it. I wondered if he would sing "that line" of the song (if you know the one I'm talking about), and he didn't (which I'm glad). He tastefully switched part of the verse with an earlier part of the song, and it was seamless. Great, great, great performance! Love him!

Damien
"I'm Not the Only One"
I'm so glad Adam picked this song for him, because it is perfect! This is such a great song. The beginning started out a little slow, but once he got to the chorus, it was amazing. I love the little run of high notes he threw in at the end, that was kind of a little surprise, and it was really cool. The end of the song was so beautiful. And that ending...holy crap! That was so good!

Matt McAndrew
"God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys
I am not so sure about this song choice. I wish he would have done something more current. This is a very different side than we've seen from him. Even though I don't care for this song, he sounded great. BUT...it was boring...until he got to the "ba-ba-bum" part. I sure hope people vote for him. I hope they remember the cool things he's done up to this point, because, I'm sorry Matt, but this was just so sleepy and boring!

Mia Pfirrman
"Young and Beautiful" by Lana Del Ray
She continues to impress me every time I see her. I love her tone. She had a couple of rough lower notes. But her high notes were so powerful. This was a very haunting performance. I think she did a great job.

Taylor Phelan
"Cool Kids" by Echo Smith
I LOVE THIS SONG! It's one of my favorite songs right now, so I 'm really excited to hear him do this. I got goosebumps, and it just started! I always enjoying watching his performances. He's so animated and all over the stage...but he does it in a good way that doesn't make him look to crazy and out of control. This was a perfect song for him. His voice sounded great, and  I love what he did with the song.

This is so not good...I love Adam's entire team! We have to lose 2 of these people, and I don't want to lose any of them.

Team Blake


Craig Wayne Boyd
"Some Kind of Wonderful" by Grand Funk Railroad
Interesting song choice. Not my favorite, but he did a great job with what he was given. He's got such a great rock voice. I like the rock part of him more than the country part. I like that hes a good mix of both. He really turned it up a notch at the end of the song...he really took us to church!

James David Carter
"Two of a Kind Working on a Full House" by Garth Brooks
This is WAY too country for me, James. If this is the route you're going to go, I'm going to have to not vote for you. Vocally, he was spot-on, and I liked the little yodel thing he did at the end.

Jessie Pitts
"Holding out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler
You have to think of the movie Footloose when you hear this song...except for the fact that she totally changed up the song, and it didn't sound a whole lot like the original. The original is such a powerful anthem, and she turned it into a ballad. I think I like the original better. That said, her voice sounded really pretty doing the song this way. I don't always love her voice, but she toned down her signature sound a little bit, and it really worked for her.

Reagan James
"Try" by Colbie Caillat
I love this song, it's got a great message. Every time I hear this song on the radio, I think of Bethany & Derek's performance on Dancing with the Stars a few weeks ago. This was such a beautiful performance, and I love that she played the guitar. We haven't seen her do that yet. For 15, that's such a risk. But, she is such a professional and poised performer. This was such a great performance. I like the things she did to change the song a little bit. It was really tastefully done. Those big notes at the end were pretty incredible.

Taylor Brashears
"Long Time Gone" by Dixie Chicks
I love this song. And who knew she could play the fiddle?! I have to say though, that I was a little underwhelmed by her performance though. I thought I would love this because I actually love the Dixie Chicks and this song. Her pitch was all over the place. She usually doesn't have a problem with that. She didn't seem to be on the beat...the music was either too fast or too slow, I couldn't really tell, but it was just off. She also sounded really shouty. I don't care what anyone says, that was not good. Shocking...to be at this stage of the game, and to have a bad performance like that.

I have the opposite problem with Blake's team...Reagan is really the only one on Blake's team that I love.

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: