Wednesday, February 19, 2014

American Idol, Ep. 13.12

Tonight it's the guys turn. 10 will be chosen by the judges to perform.

Performances:

Caleb
"Stay With Me" by Faces
Caleb is just awesome. He is such a great performer. He nails the performances and he nails the vocals. Watch out for Caleb, people! And he just looks like he's having fun on the stage, which makes it very enjoyable to watch.

C.J.
"Shelter" by Ray LaMontagne
I LOVE C.J.! He is one of my favorites. I love his personality and I LOVE his voice. He is the complete package. This wasn't the best song for him I don't think. I think he sang well, but I didn't care for the song. And then we find out he had a root canal yesterday! Wow!

Emmanuel
"The Best of My Love" by The Emotions
Of course this would be his song. This is very "him". Of course I hate this song, and it sure doesn't make me like him any better. And I was totally right about him. After he got put through in the audition rounds, I said "he's going to be that kind of annoying guy who keeps squeaking through each round, and then he's just going to keep getting through no matter how bad or annoying he is. I've heard him do so much better than he did on this song. I don't think he was on any of the notes, it just sounded wrong. I couldn't tell if he was sharp or flat, it was just that strange. I don't know what else to say about it.

Sam
"Babylon" by David Gray
I LOVE SAM! Another one of my favorites! He sounded so good! You can tell he worked on his stage presence. I just love his voice. I could listen to him sing forever.

George 
"Grenade" by Bruno Mars
Great song choice. I like what he did with this song. This guy can definitely sing. He really put a lot of feeling into the song, and it was a great performance. He had one squeaky note, but other than that, it was really good.  His last note was killer!

Dexter
"This Ole Boy" by Craig Morgan
This is the type of country song that will make me get tired of him really quickly. I've been a fan of his, even though he is country. There was something about his voice and what he could do to a song. This is just too country for me to like. He sang it well, but I didn't really care for it.

Alex
"Volcano" by Damien Rice
Phillip Phillips was the last person to sing this song. In a way, he's got a lot of Phillip Phillips characteristics that I never realized until he sang this song. He's quirky and funny, and he moves in a kind of strange way when he sings like Phillip does. Even parts of his voice and the way he sings is similar. I can't believe I never noticed the similarities before. I think he did a great job, and he sounded amazing.

Malcolm 
"Coming from Where I'm From" by Anthony Hamilton
This was a really cool performance. He hit every note. I can't say I loved the song, but I liked his performance.

Ben
"Soulshine" by the Allman Brothers
I liked this performance a lot more than I thought I would. He picked the perfect song for his voice and style. He also had a really cool guitar solo in the middle. He really performed the heck out of it. It was actually, surprisingly, one of my favorite performances of the night.

Spencer
"Love Don't Die" by The Fray
I LOVE SPENCER! And I LOVE this song! It's one of my favorites right now. It's not necessarily what we've seen from him so far, but he made it work. I don't think it was his best performance, but it was still very good.

So, I'm not as happy with the judges' picks for the guys as I was for the girls. I would not have picked Emmanuel, for sure. He is by far my least favorite. Ben (before hearing tonight's performance), George and Malcolm would be on the bubble for me. I say that because: how do you not put Maurice in the Top 10? Briston Maroney was also one of my favorites that they didn't put through. I'm really surprised they didn't put Casey through, because they've really liked him in the past. I also question them picking Ben because he was one of those that they couldn't decide between him and Neco. They couldn't decide on him, but yet they pick him to be in the Top 10? That doesn't seem quite right.



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: