Tuesday, February 18, 2014

American Idol, Ep. 13.11

Rush Week: The Top 15 Girls Perform

The judges will only pick 10 girls to perform. The 10 that they are the most impressed with. To get them ready, Randy Jackson will be mentoring them in a workshop. Also helping along the way, 2 of my all-time faves: Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry!

Performances:

Majesty Rose
"Happy" by Pharrell
I just think she is so cute. She has a great personality. Pair that with a great voice, and this girl is going places. She nailed this performance. She had a good balance of singing and guitar playing.

Kristen 
"Turning Tables" by Adele
I love this song for her, great choice. She had a lot of really nice moments and a big note. I thought she performed well. She had some awkward breathing moments, but it wasn't too noticeable. I think she has some growing to do yet, and a lot of potential to do really well. I think the song showed off her range and the different tones she has to her voice.

Briana 
"Warrior" by Demi Lovato
What a strong performance. I haven't always been a huge fan of hers, but I loved this performance. I think she killed it! She showed a lot of emotion and her vocals were spot-on.

Jena
"Paint it Black" by Rolling Stones
I love this song, but I don't know that it's the right choice for her. I just don't think this worked for her at all. I've loved her voice, but it just didn't sound right on this song. Her tempo was off, and it seemed like it was really dragging. The big note at the end was good, but then it kind of went sharp.

Bria
"Wrong Side of a Love Song" by Melanie Fiona
I've never heard of this song or this artist, which is unusual for me. She really belted this song out. It wasn't all good for me though. I'm sure the judges and the audience didn't hear anything wrong with it,but I heard some missed notes and some shakiness that kept it from being a really great performance. She has potential if she can rein it in and get some control. Thank you to Harry for calling her out for shouting!

Marialle 
"Roar" by Katy Perry
I love this girl. I love her song choices, I love her voice, I love her personality. Unfortunately, this performance wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. There were some pitch issues, and it just kind of seemed fake and overproduced. I wish she wouldn't have sung in such a low key. I think it would have been better in a higher key. The second half of the song was definitely better than the first half. I totally agreed with the judges' critiques on this one.

Jessica
"Drink a Beer" by Luke Bryan
You can tell she's not real comfortable singing someone else's song. I think her nerves got the better of her. Her voice was really shaky, and it seemed like she was about to forget the words in a couple places. It was an OK performance, but it wasn't great.

Emily
"Paris (Ooh La La)" by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
I love this song when it's done right. I didn't know if she'd have it in her to pull off this song or not, but she brought the house down. I love this girl. I think her vocals were immaculate, and her pitch and tone were really great. She also performed the song really well. She didn't hold back and she made it very believable.

MK
"All of Me" by John Legend
By far her best performance. She's always had a good voice, but her performances were always so dry and bland. She actually sang with some life. Her high notes at the end weren't quite there, but it was still a really good performance. She wouldn't have been my pick for Top 10 though.

Malaya
"Hard Times" by Ray Charles
I'm so on the fence with her, just because she's so strange! Her voice is there, but there's a lot of immaturity there personality-wise. I hated the song choice. She performed it well, but it was a little too over the top. She's another one who needs to learn to keep it under control a little more.

Also, we found out the results of the last spot for the guys between Ben Briley and Neco Starr. The winner was Ben Briley. Tomorrow night is the guys' turns.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: