Monday, October 3, 2016

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 23.4

Week 4: Cirque du Soleil Night!
I can't wait, I think this is going to be amazing!!! But on a VERY sad note, tomorrow is a double elimination?! What?! No fair!

Calvin & Lindsay - Charleston
I think I'm going to say this for every recap, but "holy crap!"! So fast, lots of lifts and they were totally in sync. He was having so much fun! He really captured the fun and goofy style and played it off perfectly. Loved it!
Score: 23

Maureen & Artem - Argentine Tango
I keep forgetting that she is 60 years old. She looks amazing. She seems to be with him every step of the way. I think her lines look really good and her intensity was good as well. The performance itself was a little underwhelming by Cirque du Soleil standards, but she did a good job.
Score: 24

Jana & Gleb - Foxtrot
They are just too cute. I loved Gleb's choreography. I'm just wondering when the Cirque du Soleil part is coming. So far, nothing is happening except them dancing...and they're done, and there were no other performers and there wasn't really anything spectacular happing. :( It was a great dance, though.
Score: 23

Marilu & Derek - Paso Doble
Now THIS looks like a Cirque du Soleil performance! Derek looks amazing - except for the weird mutton chop paint on the sides of his face. I knew Derek would not disappoint. There are lights and fire and lots of twirling red flags. By the end I realize that I didn't really pay much attention to the actual dancing. There were a lot of distractions. It was a fun piece, though, and I love the shooting flag at the end that "killed" Derek.
Score: 21

Amber & Maks - Tango
I know this is burlesque-inspired, but dang...she isn't wearing much, and what she is is painted on. Barely there lace and garter, and a swimsuit-like top that leaves nothing to the imagination. Costume aside, the dance was phenomenal. Maks said he was going to push the envelope, and he really did. She embraced it and did a great job. Maks really knew what he was doing to get people to vote for her in this week of a double elimination.

They spent way too much time about Julianne's comment from last week and she said she was a little uncomfortable watching her performance. Amber took that to mean that she was body shaming her and she only said that because of her body and no one says anything about the other girls who don't wear much. I don't think Julianne's comments had anything to do about her body type, but more on the raunchy booty shaking and grinding going on.
Score: 24

Ryan & Cheryl - Viennese Waltz
That was brave of him to have that piece at the beginning without Cheryl. It wasn't much, but it had to be timed to the music. He looks so fluid, like he's in water - which obviously is what this dance is about, and is where he is most comfortable. I sure hope the judges like it and give him some big scores! Overall, it was really lovely. The ending was a bit awkward. Uh oh - more shouting from the audience while getting his scores. Not sure what they were shouting. But...the judges seemed to love it!
Score: 22 (He deserved higher than that, especially after their comments)

Babyface & Allison - Tango
I feel like he already had a tango, didn't he? I think it was the Argentine tango, but close enough. I'm sorry, but he just really bores me. He looked a little lost in a couple places, and he pretty much confirmed that it "went away". It was definitely not anything too special or memorable. It seems to be the same low-key performance every week. I'm hoping he is one of the 2 eliminated tomorrow.
Score: 18

Terra & Sasha - Samba
That is some wild hair she's got going on this week! I'm loving Sasha's choreography. She is having a blast with this one and she is rocking it so hard! I don't know how she's doing it, but she's doing it! Wow!
Score: 25

Laurie & Val - Jazz
She learned most of the dance by watching Val's video because they were separated across the country. And she comes out, and absolutely kills it...as per usual! She looked amazing and she totally brought the character to life. You almost didn't even notice Val as Michael Jackson! Dream come true for her and it was a great moment. She had this competition won in week 1 and she hasn't slowed down since.
Score: 30!!!!!! First 10s of the season and the first perfect 30 of the season! Wow!!!

Vanilla Ice & Witney - Viennese Waltz
Come on Vanilla! We need a good week! He had 5 concerts and wasn't getting in until Monday - the day of the show?! Yikes! I love that they are using a bunch of the original dancers from the Cirque show. I love Witney's dress. It's probably good that Len isn't here this week to critique him on this ballroom dance. I think he's doing a good job, but what do I know. They will probably rip him apart for his footwork or his hold posture. I don't think you could tell that he had very little rehearsal time. He definitely pulled it off.
Score: 23

James & Sharna - Quickstep
I think this number is going to steal the show. I just love him more and more every week. I just can't believe how good he is at embodying different characters every week. He kept up so well with all of the pros that were on the floor. The acrobats were incredible, but James was phenomenal. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was out front and center leading the other dancers and he nailed it! Loved it!
Score: 28

Week 4 Leaderboard

Laurie & Val - 30
James & Sharna - 28
Terra & Sasha - 25
Maureen & Artem - 24
Amber & Maks - 24
Calvin & Lindsay - 23
Jana & Gleb - 23
Vanilla Ice & Witney - 23
Ryan & Cheryl - 22
Marilu & Derek - 21
Babyface & Allison - 18

Results

Going Home, 1st Elimination: Babyface & Allison,

In Jeopardy: James & Sharna (what?!), Vanilla Ice & Witney (what?!), Jana & Gleb (what?!)
I am in shock right now. NONE of these couples should be in jeopardy. NONE of them! Who is it going to be?! I don't want it to be any of them! I can't believe that Ryan was safe! I am SO HAPPY for him. I voted a ton for him. But...I didn't realize it would put 3 of my favorites in jeopardy. I figured it would be Amber or Maureen or Marilu maybe. Not these 3. Come on! This is not cool!

Going Home, 2nd Elimination: Vanilla Ice & Witney
Noooooo! He was doing so good! I'm really surprised that with the same judges' scores as Jana that he got fewer fan votes than she did. Shocked. I love Jana and Gleb, but I looked forward to seeing him every week. I'm really going to miss him.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: