Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 11.10

The Knockout Round Begins! Key advisors for all of the teams are Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.

Team Adam

Dave Moisan vs. Simone Gundy 

Dave - "Like I Can" by Sam Smith
Love the song choice! It definitely lends itself to his falsetto. Uh oh, didn't start out too good. Luckily, when he got to the chorus, it got better. Unfortunately, it's not going to be near strong enough to beat the likes of the belting diva, Simone :( This song ended up not being so great for him. So bummed that Adam had to pair him up against someone who he stood no chance again. His falsetto really let him down tonight. It definitely wasn't his best. It was very pitchy. She doesn't even have to sing, and I know that he has no chance, and there is no way anyone is going to use their one save on him :(

Simone - "Midnight Train to Georgia" by Gladys Knight
Of course, she would pick such a horrendous song. And of course, Adam is going to love it, and Dave doesn't stand a chance with a classic, overdone song like this :( If I have to hear this song one more time, it would be too many. There are other songs out there, you know. Her voice was strong and beautiful, as expected. No surprise here, she slayed it. It was like David vs. Goliath. This time, Goliath won :( I will say that her version is probably one of the best I've heard.

My Pick: Dave (just because)
Winner: Simone (duh!)

Jason Warrior vs. Riley Elmore

Riley - "Haven't Met You Yet" by Michael Bublé
Well, I have to say I actually like this song. It is 1000x better than his audition song. I like that he went with a more mainstream pop song, instead of the crooner junk he normally does. Unfortunately, he jazzed it up more than Michael Bublé did it. I just do not care for his voice or his style at all. He's a nice, cute kid, but just, no, sorry. He sounded pitchy and I don't think his voice sounded as polished as it did in his audition or in his battle.

Jason - "I Want You" by Luke James
His voice sounds amazing tonight. I didn't really care for the song choice, but he sang it well and it showed off his vocal range quite nicely. That high note was pretty ridiculous. And just when you thought he was done, he just kept going up higher. He nailed it, pitch perfect. Thank goodness, because it sounded atrocious in the rehearsal.

My Pick: Jason
Winner: Riley (just because he's different...ugh!...I knew it)
Steal: Blake (wow, yes!)

Team Alicia

Kylie Rothfield vs. Whitney & Shannon

Kylie - "Hound Dog" by Big Momma Thornton
Yuck...what an awful song choice. Just. No. I've liked her up until now. I did not like this one bit. She sounded shaky in some parts and just off in others. Yes, she was growling and being tough, but I was not impressed with her voice or performance at all.

Whitney & Shannon - "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz
Yes! What a great song for them! Wow, singing apart, they really struggle. The beginning was a little bit rough and shaky for each of them. They seemed so nervous. But, when they come together, they are so strong and beautiful. I really, really, really hope they get picked.

My Pick: Whitney & Shannon
Winner: Kylie (of course...blah)

Courtnie Ramirez vs. Wé McDonald

Courtnie - "If I Were a Boy" by Beyonce
Nice song choice. She started out so low and quiet, that it sounded a little flat and shaky, but as soon as she opened up and got into it, it was amazing. Unfortunately, some of her long held-out notes were a shade under pitch. It was still a pretty good performance. I don't think she can match Wé though.

Wé - "No More Drama" by Mary J. Blige
Another really great song choice. That deep voice just surprises me every time, even though I know it's coming. I cannot believe how young this girl is. Her tone is so rich. It cuts like a knife. Absolutely stunning and mind blowing. I didn't think she could top her audition song, but this might have just been better than that. Incredible. She's in a league of her own. Courtnie doesn't stand a chance. If Wé is in the Major Leagues, Courtnie is playing T-Ball.

My Pick:
Winner:

Team Blake

Josh Gallagher vs. Sundance Head

Josh - "My Maria" by Ronnie Dunn
His tone is really nice. He nailed the falsetto, which you don't hear too much from male country artists (or maybe you do, how would I know). It was a nice performance, but of course, just a bit too country for me. Nothing particularly outstanding about his performance.

Sundance - "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus
At first, I was interested to see what he would do with this song. Unfortunately, he totally ruined it. This is the first performance of his that I really haven't liked. I mean, it was OK, but I just didn't care or his voice on this song. Except for the end of the song! He had a really nice ending that really showed off his voice.

My Pick: Sundance (I was going to say Josh until the end of Sundance's song)
Winner: Sundance
Steal: Adam - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Seriously?! Adam...shame on you! I don't care how badly you want to beat Blake with a country steal! There are soooooooo many better singers to be stolen coming up and who will now be sent home. Ugh! I could NOT be more disgusted right now! What a waste...they only have 1 steal, and he used it on a mediocre country artist. Blah!

Team Miley

Ali Caldwell vs Lauren Diaz

Lauren - "Rise Up" by Andra Day
I was hoping for a little better from her. She had some nice moments, but there were some weird things going on that seemed like she should have done something different with her note choices. Her big notes were really nice.

Ali - "No Ordinary Love" by Sade
Not loving this song choice. I think she seemed to own the song more than Lauren did. She looked really comfortable on stage. She sounded great, even though the song was kind of annoying.

My Pick: Ali
Winner: Ali



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: