Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 11.9

The Battles are wrapping up...

Team Adam

Bindi Liebowitz vs. Brendan Fletcher - "Take Me Home" by Marc Broussard
I don't know this song, but they are both doing a really good job with it. Just by looking at them, you wouldn't necessarily think they would be a good match, but their voices blend so well. I really, really love his tone. But I also really like her. Oh man, I hate to name my favorite in this one, because I'm afraid I will be proved wrong again. I haven't done the math, but this is the last battle, and I think there is probably one steal left, so most likely they will both be sticking around.
My Pick: Brendan
WINNER: Brendan (Wow!)
STEAL: Blake steals Bindi

Team Alicia

Gabriel Violett vs. Whitney & Shannon - "More Than Words" by Extreme
I love this song, I can't wait to see what they do with it. I could listen to Gabriel's voice all day long. And those harmonies by Whitney and Shannon? Just so heavenly. Another tough one. They are both so good. I don't love Whitney and Shannon as individuals so much, but when they sing together, it's magical. Poor guy, standing in between of them, he didn't really know which one to look at. I love the range that he shows. He hit some really high notes. The last few notes with all of them harmonizing were so beautiful.
My Pick: Gabriel
WINNER: Whitney & Shannon (of course, because duets do so well on this show)

Team Blake

Austin Allsup vs. Preston James - "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Austin's got a voice that could easily become a classic. Preston totally matches him, even though he's half Austin's age. You just do not expect that voice to come out of that kid! I really, really like him. He did not hold back one little bit. Austin just seemed to be so comfortable and laid back. What an even matchup this is! I really don't know what's going to happen with this one. Really, only 1 should continue because they are so similar, but I don't know which one that should be. Austin's got the experience, but Preston is so fresh and up-and-coming. I think I'd like to see what more Preston can do.
My Pick: Preston
WINNER: Austin (and...wrong again)

...and now we go on to the Knockouts


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: