Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The Voice. Ep. 11.8

Battle Rounds continue

Team Adam

Johnny Rez vs. Nolan Neal - "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel
I absolutely LOVE Johnny's voice! Love, love, love! They sound great together. Nolan is good, but I don't really see anything outstanding or special about him. Johnny has something really special.
My Pick: JOHNNY! (I sure hope I'm not jinxing him because I've been wrong on just about every battle so far this season. I'm going to be REALLY UPSET if he doesn't get the win...and LIVID if he isn't stolen.)
WINNER: Nolan (Nooooooooo! Wrong again! You've got to be kidding me! And NO STEAL! Ugh!!!!!!!!!)

Team Alicia

Josh Halverson vs. Kylie Rothfield - "House of the Rising Sun" by Animals
This is one of the songs that I can hear a hundred times sung by anyone and it always sounds slightly different, but I always end up loving every version ("Hallelujah" would be another one). I love each of their voices. Josh's voice can at times appear a little weak and shaky, but when he really gets into it, it's really smooth and cool. I was surprised by Kylie's grit and how deep she really dug and she has a really nice range. I loved the way she floated so effortlessly between some of the notes and so quickly. I really like both of them. I think Kylie won with her sheer power, but Josh has something haunting and mystifying about him.
My Pick: I can't choose, I love them both!
WINNER: Kylie
STEAL: Miley steals Josh

Team Blake

Blaine Long vs. Josh Gallagher - "Stranger in My House" by Ronnie Milsap
I don't know the song and neither one of these guys are really sticking out to me. They sing perfectly fine but really nothing special at all. Just "meh".
My Pick: It's a dead even tie
WINNER: Josh

Christian Fermin vs. Gabe Broussard - "The Reason" by Hoobastank
Yes! Great song choice! One of my favorites and it never gets done on singing shows, but I don't know why. Gabe started out a little shaky and not quite in key, but Christian kind of did the same. When Gabe started the chorus, it was amazing. And then the 2nd phrase was Christian's and it was so beautiful. Christian also had the first big note and it was awesome, but Gabe followed it and duplicated it. It's so back and forth and they are both doing a great job! I think I like Christian's voice a little bit more than Gabe's. He really dug deep. OK, but now Gabe just did it too! Wow...so close.
My Pick: Christian (by just a little)
WINNER: Gabe (wrong yet again...this is just unreal)

Team Miley

Darby Walker vs. Karlee Metzger - "Brand New Key" by Melanie
Oh my gosh, this song! It's the song from that one commercial (don't remember what it was for) that gets stuck in your head! Both of them have a quirky voice that really fits the song well. Darby is probably more memorable, but her voice could get annoying after awhile. I think Karlee is probably more versatile.
My Pick: Karlee
WINNER: Darby (wrong, yet again...although I had a feeling she would be Miley's pick)
STEAL: Blake steals Karlee

Aaron Gibson vs. Sa'Rayah - "I'll Take Care of You" by Etta James
Aaron's voice is so surprising and unexpected. He doesn't look like he should have the bluesy rasp. This is a really tough one because they are both so good. I think she could tend to be a screamer, so I think I would go with him because he's so unique...which means of course that Miley will pick Sa'Rayah.
My Pick: Aaron
WINNER: Aaron (Wow, I finally got one!)
STEAL: Blake and Alicia push to steal, and Sa'Rayah chose Alicia


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: