Monday, October 10, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 11.6

Night 1 of the Battle Rounds! My favorite round of the competition!

Team Adam
Advisor: Sammy Hagar of Van Halen

Natasha Bure vs Riley Elmore - "Cry Me a River" by Michael Bublé
I'm sorry, but I just can't stand Riley's style. That is just the opposite of everything I like. Yes, he can sing, but it is not for me at all. On the other hand, I LOVE Natasha's voice. This song is just terrible. I can barely listen to it. If Natasha doesn't go through over him, I'm going to be devastated. I mean, the song was tailor-made for him, so Adam's going to pick him, right?! Ugh! I sure hope there's a steal (unless Natasha wins, that is).
My Pick: Natasha (duh!)
Winner: Riley

Andrew DeMuro vs Billy Gilman - "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson
I really like both of these guys. This is going to be a tough one. Billy sings so smoothly, and Andrew floats so easily through so many notes. Their harmony was spot-on and so crystal clear. Picking a winner between these two just isn't fair. This was one of the best duets of the night (Jason and Christian being right up there, too). They both performed the heck out of the song and brought their own personality to it. Yikes, I don't know which one I like better!
My Pick: Andrew (by just a little bit...and I'm going to be wrong again)
Winner: Billy (please let there be a steal!)


Team Alicia
Advisor: Charlie Puth

Christian Cuevas vs Jason Warrior - "Hello" by Adele
I am very interested to see how this song sounds when done by 2 men. I love Jason's tone and it really works well on this song. I liked his slight variations to the notes. They were just slight enough to still sound like the original, but also show a little bit of his own style. Christian sounded a lot better than he did in the rehearsals. Their voices blended well. They both have really big and powerful voices, but in different ways. Wow, this is going to be tough.
My Pick: Jason
Winner: Christian
Steal: Adam! Woohoo!

Lauren Diaz vs Wé McDonald - "Maybe" by Janis Joplin
Wé is just incredible. I still can't get over how meek and mild her speaking voice is, and then she sings and it is so deep and rich and powerful. And she has a range, too - she hit a really beautiful, high note. Lauren was pretty good, too, but she seemed to be trying a little too hard. It just comes so effortlessly to Wé.
My Pick:
Winner:
Steal: Miley and Adam (really?!); she picks Miley


Team Blake
Advisor: Bette Midler

Dan Shafer vs Sundance Head - "Feel Like Makin' Love" by Bad Company
Another terrible song tonight, but at least they did something different with it. I hate country, but wow, can those guys harmonize! They could go on the road, for sure. For an old guy, Dan's actually really good. I think I could actually listen to him sing more songs. Sundance is a little too country for me. And I can't handle that extremely long, gross beard.
My Pick: Dan
Winner: Sundance (another wrong pick, wow, I'm really off this season)


Team Miley
Advisor: Joan Jett

Ali Caldwell vs Courtnie Ramirez - "Hit or Miss" by Odetta
Not crazy about this song at all. I know I would like both of them better on a different song. Courtnie really went way over-the-top, and I didn't really care for it all. On a different song, I'm sure I would like her better than Ali, but not so much on this song. Courtnie just really seemed to do a lot of high-pitched screeches and it was kind of painful.
My Pick: Ali
Winner: Ali
Steal: Blake and Alicia (seriously?!); she picks Alicia


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: