Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 11.11

The Knockout Round continues...

Team Adam

Billy Gilman vs. Ponciano Seoane

Ponciano - "I See Fire" by Ed Sheeran
Nice song choice! We don't hear this Ed Sheeran song so much. I like the song choices that he has been making. I really like what he did with the song. His voice sounded great. He's really improved since his kind of shaky audition. This was a really nice performance.

Billy - "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten
Big song for Billy, but he sang it flawlessly. I really liked the way he built it up to the huge end. He can belt with the best of them. Great performance.

My Pick: Billy
Winner: Billy

Team Alicia

Belle Jewel vs. Christian Cuevas

Belle - "Don't Dream it's Over" by Crowded House
Nice, and very interesting song choice! Love it! I'm not going to lie, I HATED her audition. But this. This! I actually loved this! It's all about song choice. This was such a great and unexpected song choice. You don't hear this song 5 times every season. I don't think I've ever actually heard it on any singing show, so it's so refreshing! She sounded great. Her voice is actually beautiful. Who knew?!

Christian - "Superstar" by Luther Vandross
No, no, no, no. Ugh! Hate this song! Brings back memories of Ruben Studdard. The music starts, and I'm already bored and annoyed. I liked his audition, but if this is the kind of songs he's going to sing, I'm done.

My Pick: Belle
Winner: Christian (of course...)
Steal: Miley

Team Blake

Bindi Liebowitz vs. Courtney Harrell

Courtney - "River Deep Mountain High" by Tina Turner
Another song that has been done WAY TOO MANY TIMES! Someone make it stop! Ugh! This girl definitely has some pipes. I hate the song choice, but she sounded amazing. I do really like her voice.

Bindi - "Son of a Preacher Man" by Dusty Springfield
I really like this girl. I like how she has just a tiny bit of grit to her voice. Not enough to be annoying, but just enough to make her interesting. I'm not sure that this song was big enough to compete with Courtney's.

My Pick: Bindi
Winner: Courtney




Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: