Monday, October 17, 2016

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 23.6

Latin Night! Guest judge tonight is Pitbull. He's been making this a regular appearance on Latin Night the past few seasons.

Ryan & Cheryl - Salsa
That is some bright neon yellow he's got on! He is really starting to loosen up on the dancefloor. This is so much better than his chacha a couple weeks ago. He's much more smooth and loosy goosy. And hello abs! He's feeling the beat and he's got those hips moving! This was such an improvement for him! I was worried about him doing another Latin dance, but he nailed this one. OK, now this is COOL! She ripped off his pants, and he's got neon shorts on. They hit the lights and their outfits are glowing and they have glowing body paint on! How cool is that?! I loved this dance! Way to go, Ryan!!! Let's see some big numbers!
Score: 30 (way too low!!!)

Terra & Sasha - Paso Doble
Again, this is going to be very interesting to see how she pulls off what is supposed to be a very strong and aggressive role. I'm sure she will surprise me like she does every week. I love the purple! Haha look at her go! Pure sassiness with that dress. It still looks funny because she's so tiny and looks like a little kid, but you can't say that she's not giving it her all and totally nailing it. Wow!
Score: 30

Amber & Maks - ChaCha
OK, Amber is done in rehearsals, and I'm way "done" with her, too. Her attitude has kind of sucked for quite some time, and I'm just tired of it. I'm also done with her non-existant costumes. Enough already. The choreography was cute, to a very interesting song. Another fine performance. I would just like to see her branch out and do some different characters. It seems like all we are getting from her is the sexy dominatrix.
Score: 28

James & Sharna - Rumba
I love his "Ricardo" alter-ego. He is so hilarious! Such a jokester, but he knows how to turn the sexy on. He has the most natural hip movement that I think I've seen in a long time from a celebrity. He just feels the music and the moment. He is so connected to Sharna. Like REALLY connected. This was such a beautiful dance. It wasn't overly sexy, but it was very sensual, and he was just amazing.  I like what Bruno said about him really stretching his moves, and I've noticed how big and graceful all of his moves are. Love this guy! He has surprised me so much! I never expected to like him this much. I mean I had no idea who he was and he's not extremely good-looking. BUT, his personality, sense of humor, and his talent has made me a huge fan! Couple that with the fact that he should have died in his accident, or at the very least experience some pretty huge limitations with his mobility. He shows ZERO signs of any problems whatsoever. Julianne just said that she thinks he's the best male celebrity that has ever been on the show. Wow! There have been some truly AMAZING guys...to say that he's the best, that is huge!
Score: 38

Marilu & Derek - ChaCha
It's nice to see her doing something other than ballroom. I hate to say it, but she's continuing to do a really good job. Of course, most of that can be attributed to Derek being her partner. She's not my favorite, by any means, but I can't say that she's not doing a good job.
Score: 34

Jana & Gleb - Argentine Tango
I'm glad they're back to the sexy! I feel like their last couple of dances have been really safe. She's channeling her inner Amber for this dance, apparently. So smokin' hot! Those lifts were so fast! I loved the choreography! She had really good, quick flicks with her legs. So, they started out in a bed and ended up in a shower. Yummy! That was amazing! And they are completely soaked! That wasn't just a sprinkle of water! Way to really go for it! Thank you for a wet, and now shirtless, Gleb :) Bruno approves...he's now upside down in his chair!
Score: 40 (WOW!!! And they're in jeopardy?!)

Maureen & Artem - Samba
I am so surprised that she is still hanging in there. She keeps doing rather well at some really difficult dances. She doesn't really "wow", but she's safe, consistent, and fun to watch because she enjoys herself. This dance's choreography didn't look as technically difficult as we've seen tonight or from her in her previous dances.
Score: 31

Calvin & Lindsay - Argentine Tango
Him trying to make a sexy selfie face was hilarious! Look at him bringing the sexy! Love the open shirt! "Hotel California" is a really cool song to do this style of dance to. Whoa, that was a cool cartwheel like lift he just did. And oh my! He whipped her up over his shoulder so quickly, and he spun her around so fast! That was incredible! I will say that he seemed a little more stiff than usual, but it was still a lot of fun to watch. I liked what Bruno said about him being in control and leading, and when they showed a quick replay, he was totally right! That look on his face - he meant business! BTW, his abs are incredible...I think you could actually wash clothes on the washboard that he's packin'.
Score: 37

Laurie & Val - Salsa
Right out of the gate, Val is flipping her all around! This is such a fast dance, but it is so right up her alley. She never misses a step. She was worried about the sexy hips, but she rocked it just like she has every other dance. Another really wild and crazy lift! Great choreography and really suited her personality.
Score: 37


Week 6 Leaderboard

Jana & Gleb - 40
James & Sharna - 38
Calvin & Lindsay - 37
Laurie & Val - 37
Marilu & Derek - 34
Maureen & Artem - 31
Ryan & Cheryl - 30
Terra & Sasha - 30
Amber & Maks - 28


Results

In Jeopardy: Amber & Maks, Jana & Gleb, Calvin & Lindsay (what?!)
Going Home: Amber & Maks

Woohoo! That was a close one! I can't believe that it came down to her and Calvin. I was going to be REALLY upset if Calvin went home...especially before her! It was her time to go.

I think Maks is secretly happy, because he has made it known that he wants to be a stay-at-home dad, so this will just give him more time to prepare.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: