Monday, September 19, 2016

The Voice, Ep. 11.1

Here we go! Blind auditions for Season 11!

2 new coaches this season: Miley Cyrus and Alica Keyes - should be interesting.

As always, I'll be recapping and critiquing the singers who make it through for each team.

Team Adam

Riley Elmore, 16
All he had to say was "I like jazz music" and he lost me. I had to fast forward when he started singing "The Way You Look Tonight". One of my ALL-TIME MOST HATED SONGS! Oh, so painful to my ears. I guess if you like that sort of thing, he was the bees knees and sounded exactly like a recording of Frank Sinatra. I don't need to see or hear any more to know that my ears are going to have to suffer through a whole season of him. Grrr....sorry dude. And of course, he chose Adam over Blake :(
Chair Turns: 2 (Adam and Blake)

Team Alicia

Jason Warrior, 21
Hated the song choice, and he took way too long to get it going. He's got a very strong and powerful voice, that's for sure. It got really entertaining when he finally got into it and he really let it rip.
Chair Turns: 2 (Adam and Alicia)

Dave Moisan, 33
"Sex and Candy" - interesting and unexpected song choice for this wholesome looking medical device salesman (love that song by the way). He gave it a very interesting feel. It was a little bit more along the lines of the Maroon 5 version. I really like his voice! Love the falsetto! A lot like Adam's :) He's pretty cute too, so that doesn't hurt. I love what he did with this song!
Chair Turns: 4

Christian Cuevas, 20
He only sang a couple notes, and chairs were flying around. Not sure what they heard so quickly. He did end up having a pretty great voice.
Chair Turns: 4

Team Blake

Sundance Head, 37
Um...I KNOW that name! Why do I know that name?! I think he might have been on American Idol? But he sure didn't look like the Duck Dynasty family back then. I'm pretty sure I would remember him. Quick jump to Google, and...yep! American Idol, Season 6! Man, I'm good! Soulful, country voice.
Chair Turns: 2 (Adam and Blake)

Dana Harper, 26
She is Derek Harper's (NBA player) daughter. I was surprised when she started singing because her speaking voice is so deep, but she sang in a fairly high register. I mean, she sang Nick Jonas's "Jealous" for goodness sake. I was prepared to not like her, but I like the smooth approach she took to the song. I didn't care for when she did swoop down into the basement, but thankfully she didn't stay there long.
Chair Turns: 3 (Adam, Blake, and Alicia)

Gabe Broussard, 15
I really like his voice, but I'm not really sure what genre he fits into. I think he could probably sing a lot of things. He seemed so confident and he was technically so perfect. Yet, he was soulful and very energetic. Very nice! And he's only 15!
Chair Turns: 1 (Blake and Miley)

Team Miley

Courtnie Ramirez, 17
She's got a huge set of pipes for just a young thing. Taking on Jessie J is no small task. I can't believe the coaches are taking so long to turn around!
Chair Turns: 2 (Alicia and Miley)

Ali Caldwell, 28
She was a member of the girl group Xhale. Her timing seemed to be kind of all over the place. Her voice was OK, but it was borderline screechy at times, in the midst of a lot of power. And we all know how I hate that. She won't be one of my favorites based on that performance.
Chair Turns: 4


And the award for "most bummed he didn't make it":

Chris Cron, 34
He was in the band Melee?! Are you kidding me?! One of my favorite songs is "Stand Up" - mostly known for being in the movie "Sydney White". And he's singing INXS - love it! Ugh...there was one note that he held out for an extremely long time. It was powerful and...just slightly flat. Uncomfortably flat. He didn't move it up and just sat on it. The coaches all kind of cringed. That was it. It didn't matter what he did after that. They all basically said they couldn't get past that note. I sure hope he comes back.

Just in case you want to hear how amazing he can be:



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin


No comments: