Monday, May 18, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 8.25 & 8.26: FINALE

The Finale of Season 8 is here! Hoping for a Sawyer, and Team Pharrell win!

The Final 4: Sawyer (Team Pharrell), Koryn (Team Pharrell), Joshua (Team Adam), Meghan (Team Blake)

One question: how in the world are they going to fill 2 hours with just 4 people? This could have totally be done in 1/2 hour people. There better be some group performances and performances with the coaches (which have really been lacking this season). At least I can fastforward through all of the judges' comments...thank goodness, because I've got Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelorette to cover tonight, too!

Koryn (Team Pharrell)

James Brown's "It's a Man's, Man's, Man's World"
This song should really be banned from all singing competitions because it has been done WAY too many times! That said, she sang it just as I would have expected her to. It was gritty, it was loud. She pretty much brought the house down.
My Score: A

"Bright Fire" (original song written by Pharrell)
I'm not totally crazy about the song, but I like the message. Probably my least favorite of the original songs. I do not see this being a winning song. How special for her that he said she inspired him to finish the song.
My Score: B

Meghan (Team Blake)

"Change My Mind" (original song)
I didn't care for the way she was overpronouncing the words with such a thick twang that sounded really forced. The song was pretty, but I'm still not feeling it from her for some reason. She really puts her heart and soul into the performance, but I just don't connect to her.
My Score: B+

Michael Bolton's "When a Man Loves a Woman"
Exactly what you would expect from her. She busted all her pipes on this one. Maybe one day she will learn that not every song needs to be sung at the top of your lungs. The end of the song was just so over the top, it was ridiculous.
My Score: B-

Joshua (Team Adam)

"The Workingman's Hymn" (original song)
I like that he wrote a more upbeat song. His slow songs tend to be so sleepy. When he's got a good beat...his voice can't be beat. This was actually really catchy.
My Score: A

Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah"
Perfect song, I always love this song. It's been done a million times, but somehow everyone's version always sounds just a little bit different. He did a great job with it, and it was beautiful.
My Score: A

Sawyer (Team Pharrell)

"Please" (original song, written by his idol Ray LaMontagne)
Let's be honest, if you've ever hear Ray LaMontagne, you know just how perfect his song is for Sawyer, because they really have the same kind of voice and the same style. Another great performance that sounds just about like every other performance he has done. Hey, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.
My Score: A-

Neil Young's "Old Man"
Oooh, those first few lines gave me chills! This song was absolutely perfect for him! If he doesn't win, I''m going to be really upset. He's clearly the most consistent performer, and he knows exactly what type of an artist he wants to be. Someone needs to sign this kid and make him a star. He's only 16...so ridiculous! He has so much soul in his voice that is so beyond his years. I would never like a song like this, but somehow when he sings it, I really enjoy it.
My Score: A+

FINALE RESULTS

4th Place: Koryn Hawthorne

3rd Place: Joshua Davis

2nd Place: Meghan Linsey

SEASON 8 WINNER: Sawyer Fredericks

Woohoo Sawyer! Wow, that was close...I can't believe Meghan came in 2nd. I can't believe Koryn came in 4th. I think those 2 should have been flipped.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: