Wednesday, May 6, 2015

American Idol, Ep. 14.28

Top 3
I can't believe that next week is the finale already! This season seems to have gone by so quickly. As clear as I think the votes should have gone, that has just not been the case. I crossing all my fingers that Clark is safe tonight. Normally I wouldn't be worried, but he picked the absolute wrong time to have 2 sub-par performances AND a very long, drawn out argument with Scott and the judges. I just hope that it doesn't hurt him the way the whole Quentin thing did. I hope that Clark's fans came out in droves even if he didn't have the best week last week. There is only 1 acceptable outcome tonight, and that is Rayvon going home. If anyone else goes home, I'm going to be (1) VERY UPSET and (2) very annoyed that Rayvon stays simply by luck and not by skills, and he will have taken the spot of someone who truly deserves it. I sure hope his 9 lives are up tonight!


Rayvon

Scot's Pick: "Want To Want Me" by Jason Derulo
Love this song, and you know what...it's perfect for Rayvon. Let's see if he butchers it. Not loving it so far. Something's off, I'm not sure what. Ouch! Majorly painful attempt at falsetto there! Yikes! I feel like he was into the song, but he was only putting about 50% effort into the song. It could have been great, but it fell short. Harry was right that it was his best up-tempo performance, but it was still not as good as what everyone else can do.
My Score: B

Hometown Pick: "As" by Stevie Wonder
Snoozefest. It got a little bit better at the end, but wow was that uneventful and predictable.
My Score: B

Judges' Pick: "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker
Oh, this is most definitely on my most hated songs list. I already have a headache, and this isn't going to make it any better. He really made this kind of dark, which was interesting. If "As" was a snoozefest, I don't know what you would call this. Is it over yet? It feels like it's going on forever. At least his voice sounds half decent on this, but man was it boring!
My Score: B

Clark

Scot's Pick: "Beautiful Day" by U2
Clark wanted to be challenged, and I think this will be a good challenge for him. First of all, let me say that he looks exceptionally gorgeous tonight! The first verse was a little shaky and it was too low for him. The chorus was really amazing though! He hit an amazing, big note at the end that was really beautiful. It might have started shaky, but he ended great, and it was a very good performance. That's a tough song, and I think he was up to the challenge.
My Score: B+

Hometown Pick: "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding
No, Clark, no. This song ranks on my all-time hated list. It's a good thing I love Clark, and I love hearing his voice, because he made this more than tolerable to listen to. There's the Clark we know and love. His voice sounded incredible on this song, which made it a good pick...I just don't care for this song. I like that he made it more upbeat and fun, that definitely helped.
My Score: A

Judges' Pick: "Earned It" by Weekend
I like that they chose something that is popular right now for him. This was steamy, and it felt a little James Bond-ish. It's not my favorite song, but he sounded great and I think he delivered it well. I think he could have maybe dug down a little deeper and made it a little bit more gritty, but it was really good. That ending was incredible!
My Score: A-

Nick

Scot's Pick: "Because The Night" by Bruce Springsteen
Oh Nick, I love you more and more with every performance! Nothing to say, except this was awesome! It was a little more "shouty" than "singy" in some parts, but it was still great.
My Score: A

Hometown Pick: "Back Home" by Andy Grammer
This is a great song, and it's a great choice for Nick. It's upbeat and fun, and it allowed him to move around the stage. He was smiling and having a great time. Nick continues to rise to the top. He's performing like he's the winner right now, and I'm not sure that anyone is going to be able to stop him at this rate. He tops himself with each performance. So great!
My Score: A

Judges' Pick: "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain
I feel like this song has been done so many times. I wish they would have picked something different. Regardless, he slayed it, just like his other 2 songs tonight.
My Score: A

Jax

Scot's Pick: "My Generation" by The Who
Another great performance from Jax. I won't say it's my favorite song she's ever done, though. She rocked it out, but I wasn't as impressed as the judges were. Performance-wise it was energetic and fun, vocally, it was kind of mediocre.
My Score: B+

Hometown Pick: "My Immortal" by Evanescence
Oh, Jax...what a great song choice! I absolutely love this song and it is right up her alley. I don't think anyone has ever done it on Idol before. This is the Jax that I love the most. Just her at the piano with her beautiful voice. She had a few too many breaks and she veered off to her "weird" voice a little too much, so this wasn't as good as "Human" or "White Flag", but it was still really good.
My Score: A-

Judges' Pick: "Misery Business" by Paramore
Another great song for Jax...just listened to this song today at work! I like the sound with just the acoustic guitar up front. This is so perfect for her...it's punk rock, but it's got parts that she can really sing with her pretty vibrato. Some of the fast words got a little muddled and seemed a little bit off beat, which made the performance feel a little disjointed.
My Score: B+

The Results
I don't like being this nervous. I almost don't want them to reveal the results. I just can't bare the thought of Clark especially, or Nick or Jax not making it to the finals.

No bottom 2 this week...

And the person going home is...RAYVON!

Woohoo! Sorry Rayvon...it was time! The man with 9 lives, finally used them all up.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what is going to happen next week. I really don't know where these 3 stand, and I have no idea who is going to go home next.

I picked Clark to win from the beginning, so I'm still hoping he can pull it off. BUT...if he has to lose to someone, I can breathe easier knowing that it was either Jax or Nick. They are also both very deserving.

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: