Tuesday, May 12, 2015

American Idol, Ep. 14.29 & 14.30 -- THE FINALE

After we lose one more singer tonight, we will have our final 2 finalists!

To be honest, I have absolutely NO IDEA what's going to happen! I could make a case for each of the 3 to move on to the finale and even win the season. I could make a case for reasons I think America would vote any one of these 3 on. I could make a case for why each of them could go home tonight. Pure craziness! I'm being loyal, and I'm sticking with my original pick, Clark. So many others have jumped ship and counted him out after the past couple weeks where he hasn't been as strong and the judges have kind of sabotaged him (in my opinion). I may be wrong, and his ship may have sailed, but I'm still holding out hope. I think if he can make it through tonight that he can (and will) beat whoever he is up against. But did he make it, that's the question. Jax has been getting the winner's edit all season (in my opinion) and she seems to be the producers' and the judges' pick to win it all, so it is highly likely that she will move on. That would mean that it would come down to Clark and Nick, who seemingly could have the same fanbase and will be splitting the votes. But who will edge out who? Let's find out!

Going Home:  Less than .4%. difference..Jax!
Whoa, what?! And just as they got ready to say her name, I whispered to myself *Jax*...and wouldn't you know! I should have put her on my bracket...that would have put me ahead! What was I thinking?! That feeling just hit me at the last second. I can tell you that there are going to be a lot of surprised people about that one. And what an anti-climactic way to eliminate her. They were on stage, with no audience and no judges. They started the show, and in less than 30 seconds, Jax was ushered off the stage with no proper goodbye. The whole thing was very awkward.

As much as Jax deserved to be in the finals (as they all do), I can't remember the last time that I genuinely really, really liked the final 2! There are no losers here in my opinion (except for me in my bracket if Clark loses!). I wonder if this is the season that all of the Chris Daughtry fans in season 4 got sleepy and felt safe, and didn't vote and got him shockingly eliminated in 4th place. Nick is almost a perfect clone of Chris, and if Nick wins, it's almost like Chris wins.

Clark

Round 1: Favorite Performance: "Georgia on My Mind"
This was one of his best in the early audition rounds. Clark's back y'all! If he can sound this good all night, the win is his. He looked like himself again. Clark has kind of been missing the last couple weeks, but I think he found himself again! Go Clark!
My Score: A+

Round 2: Simon Fuller Pick: "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers
Great song choice, hope he can nail it! I like that he is doing it as a stripped down acoustic version. I wish it had a more heavy beat though. He looks and sounds amazing tonight! Ooh, he's getting into it now! It took it a little while to get going, but I think he did a great job. If he lost any voters in the last couple weeks, I think he is slowly winning them back.
My Score: A

Round 3: Finale Single: "Champion"
Anyone else think the beginning and the chorus sounded EXACTLY like the theme song from the show Who Do You Think You Are? As all finale songs are, the lyrics were a little bit cheesy. This is a little different than the style he normally sings, but it seemed to suit him pretty well. He rocked it out like an anthem he truly believed in. Nice performance, but if Nick's song is better, that could be the open door to Nick winning. Yet again, poor Clark is being sabotaged. They give him the weaker of the 2 finale songs, and a song that doesn't suit the kind of artist he wants to be. Not only that, but the title of "Champion"? What a way to jinx him.
My Score: A

Nick

Round 1: Favorite Performance: "Bright Lights"
This was a great pick because this was one of the first performances that really all seemed to come together. He's continuing on his upward trajectory toward the Season 14 crown. He's not going to make this easy on Clark. That was an amazing performance!
My Score: A+

Round 2: Simon Fuller Pick: "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz
Another great song choice. Oh my, he's playing the piano! Have we seen him perform on the piano this season? I think this is the first time, and what a time to pull that trick out of the bag! What a nice change of pace for him. And gosh darn it, if he didn't do as well on this as he does with his guitar. He's becoming such a great performer. Beautiful and moving performance!
My Score: A

Round 3: Finale Single: "Beautiful Life"
This truly seemed like a song that Nick would put out and even write himself...much more than Clark's song. Of course he was going to sound amazing, so it all comes down to the song. I think Nick's song is more catchy and leaves a better impression than Clark's song. If Nick wins, this will be the difference. He was able to get the crowd into it, and it was a great lasting impression as the last song of the night.
My Score: A+

This is going to be so close, I think!

Final Thoughts...
Watching different polls on various sites, this vote is going to be extremely close! One poll has Clark ahead 50.5% to Nick's 49.5%. Another one has Nick ahead 51% to 49%.

And the Season 14 winner of American Idol is... NICK FRADIANI

I'm very happy for him! Of course, I wanted Clark to win so that I would win my bracket, but honestly, I love them both, so I can't be mad. We avoided crowning someone like Joey as the winner, so the season was a success. It is kind of a shame though, that Clark kind of stumbled in the last weeks, just as Nick was really finding his footing. Clark was seen as the front runner for just about the entire season. I always kind of counted Nick out because he wasn't a dynamic or memorable performer. He always performed well and did very predictable songs, and sang them pretty much exactly like the original. It was hard for me to see him being able to sustain that for a whole season. But as he grew stronger, and Clark plateaued, he really started to make a name for himself, and the idea of him winning began to seem like a real possibility...especially with Jax out of the picture.

And so ends our 14th season. If you haven't heard the news, and didn't hear them mention it over and over tonight...next season, season 15, will be Idol's last :( Until next January...


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: