Monday, May 18, 2015

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 20.12 & 20.13: FINALE

It's the Finale of Season 20! I'm sad to see it end. I'm hoping for a Riker win, but I have a feeling it's going to be Rumer. Whoever wins, it will be the first time (that I can remember), since Derek and Mark have been pros, that neither of them are in the finals and the winning pro will get their first win ever!

Our Final 3: Riker & Allison, Noah & Sharna, Rumer & Val

Round 1: Favorite Dance

Noah & Sharna - Argentine Tango (Week 3)
I don't really remember a lot about this the first time around. I'm not seeing the intensity in his face that this dance really requires. He was kind of laughing and smiling through it. I don't know if he messed up or what. The big lift was a little rocky, and I wasn't sure if she was going to be able to hold her pose or not. This showed a lot of his weaknesses. I don't agree with the judges...I don't think he showed improvement on this dance.
Score: 32

Riker & Allison - Paso Doble (Week 5)
Can I just say that I did a little squeal when I saw Riker come out with his Captain Jack Sparrow costume on! I LOVED that dance...loved, loved, loved it! What a great dance to redo, because it could gain him a lot of votes. And can I say that I could listen to him talk like Jack Sparrow...all...day...long. He is perfection! I just can't believe how perfect it is. Not just the voice, but every single move is Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow. The dance was just as perfect as the first time, and Len better award it with a 10 this time! I get goosebumps every time I watch him do this! I think he might have even done it with even more power and even more intensity than the first time...if that's even possible! Len is standing up, that's a great sign!
Score: 40 (Len could barely sit still waiting to give his score! And I love that he carries the character into the interview after the dance!)

Rumer & Val - Foxtrot (Week 1)
This was just as beautiful as it was in the first week. It was so close to perfection the first time, I'm not sure what they can do to perfect it. If anything, I would say their connection as partners was stronger...which makes sense because they know each other so much better after weeks of dancing together.
Score: 40

Round 2: Freestyle

Noah & Sharna
They went for totally emotional rather than explosive and theatrical. Probably a smart move, seeing as he can't physically do the tricks that the other 2 can do. They went for a military theme (no surprise, as they know this pulls on voters' heart strings). He again went for the one armed lift of her entire body above his head. Absolutely incredible. I love the mashup of "Titanium", "Apologize", and "Fix You". It was beautiful, it was emotional. Was there a lot of dancing by Noah? No, not really. Dancers lifted him over their heads, he lifted Sharna above his head, but there wasn't a lot of "dancing". It was a great performance, nonetheless.
Score: 40

Riker & Allison 
I sure hope Allison doesn't disappoint with the freestyle. It is well-known that the biggest and best freestyle often wins the close race. Well, I already hate the music. I love that he is out front. Whoa, they just really flipped her around! OK, so the music is picking up a lot of speed here...yay! They lost a little bit of sync, but picked it back up. It's like a mix of jazz and a little bit of hip-hop. It was definitely a throw-back to the old-fashioned musicals. It's amazing how much he's grown and matured in this competition. Once he got his hair slicked back, he became a true pro and he hasn't looked back since. Unfortunately, it didn't have the big WOW ending that I was hoping for. It was so full of so many different things, but as good as it was, I was actually a little underwhelmed. Maybe it needed another 15-20 seconds to have a great finish or something. At least the judges loved it!
Score: 40

Rumer & Val
I can't wait to see what Val has in store for Rumer. He's been in the finals and I'm sure he knows with his own (and with Maks's) visits to the finals, just how important it is to have a freestyle that pulls out all the stops and goes for more than just the emotion. He went for steamy/sexy...which is kind of what they do best. It was a combination of tango, Argentine tango, contemporary, and rumba. I like that it was just the 2 of them dancing and not a bunch of other dancers as distractions. It was a great dance, but it looked like a lot of their other dancers. It didn't feel like a freestyle to me. It didn't have anything special or extra added to it. Still really good though. Oh, and by the way...that's her singing Britney Spears' "Toxic".
Score: 40

Week 12 Judges' Leaderboard after 2 Rounds

Riker & Allison - 80

Rumer & Val - 80

Noah & Sharna - 72

Round 3: 24-Hour Fusion

Noah & Sharna - ChaCha/Argentine Tango
So, the white flags and white outfits...we've seen that before from them. And the same exact lift we saw before. Aside from the lifts (which didn't seem so effortless like sometimes), again, there wasn't much dancing on his part. It definitely wasn't perfect, so let's hope the judges' scores reflect that.
Score: 36 (Total 108)

Riker & Allison - Salsa/Quickstep
Love this song, and it's so perfect for them - "Classic" by MKTO! Great choreography that blended the 2 dances perfectly. He was having so much fun out there! I can't believe this is the last time we get to see them dance. I love how much Len loves him. It's so surprising because Len usually doesn't go for the young ones, but I think Riker might be his most favorite dancer ever. It's so cute the way he just raves over him!
Score: 40 (Total 120) He was so blown away by his 3rd perfect score :)

Rumer & Val - Foxtrot/Paso Doble
So classy, so powerful. These are 2 interesting dances to try to put together, but Val did a great job with the choreography. It was so fast!I like that they kind of weren't in "character" for the dance, and were just all smiles because they were having so much fun on their last dance. So cute. I love what this experience has meant to her on a personal level.
Score: 40 (Total 120)

Well, could it be more obvious who the final 2 should be? I really hope that's the way the votes shake out...Riker and Rumer deserve final 2. Sorry Noah...enough with the pity and sympathy votes.

FINALE RESULTS

3rd Place: Noah & Sharna (THANK YOU AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All is right with the world, and everything is as it should be!)

2nd Place: Riker & Allison

SEASON 20 WINNER: Rumer & Val

Well, it's not what I wanted, but I can't be mad at that. Rumer definitely deserved the win, and a win for Val is very well-deserved as well. I do have to wonder though...Rumer and Riker were completely tied with the judges' votes. Riker & Allison won the fan-voted freestyle encore. That would suggest that people liked them better. So it seems a little strange that Rumer comes out on top when the fans voted to see Riker's freestyle again.

Well, it's been another GREAT season! Can't wait until September to do it all again!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: