Sunday, June 29, 2014

Rising Star, Ep. 1.2

Audition #2 Results
Remember, if they get a percentage of yeses above 70% they make it through. The tallies below are for the East Coast. If the West Coast votes 70% yeses, they can still make it through if they don't get it on the first showing on the East Coast.
Singer, AgeMy VoteBradKeshaLudacris%
Shameia Crawford, 3069
April Lockhart, 1885
Austin French, 2087
Triniti, 19-30
30
Alice J. Lee, 2573
Rye Davis, 2546
Sonnet Simmons, 3381
Deedra Ervin, 2026
Will Roth, 2483
Egypt Dixon, 1844
Adam Jaymes, 2387
Megan Tibbits, 2668

My Thoughts 

Shameia--I'm not sure why the judges loved her, I did not think she was that good at all. The beginning was especially rough. I can't believe how close that vote was! I'm guessing the West Coast will put her through.

April--I loved her! I love her voice, and the song choice was great. She had a handicap (she's missing part of her arm) and yet she still played the guitar! Wow!

Austin--I love his vibe, and his voice is incredible; he has great control, and his notes were spot on.

Triniti--3 really talented girls! Their harmony was really, really good. The middle girl had a ridiculous range! They could even rap. I'm not sure why they didn't get the votes.

Alice--I did not expect that voice from her! The song was also a surprising choice, but I thought she rocked it!

Rye--He's singing country, so that's one strike against him; his voice is pretty good, but nothing exciting. I'm on the fence with him, but he's just so boring.

Sonnet--Beautiful voice! What an interesting rendition of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game"! I almost didn't know what it was. Those high notes were amazing, and she held them for an insane amount of time. There were a few pitchy spots, but overall, I really enjoyed her performance.

Deedra--He looks and sounds like he's 12 (except for the army uniform). He sounds very nervous and it's causing the notes to kind of be all over the place. The arrangement of this song is so childish, I did not like it at all.

Will--He has a really strong voice. I love his tone and just the slight hint of rasp. This was a perfect song choice for him. There's some different qualities to his voice and it's really cool. My favorite of the night!

Egypt--I wasn't really expecting a rapper. I'm not a fan of this song at all. I guess she sang it well, but it is not my style at all. You could tell she was talented at what she was doing. The score was another really close one. That probably means she might make it through based on the West Coast votes.

Adam--He had a decent voice, but it was just a little too bland. He got stronger as the song went on. At the beginning, the votes were coming in so slowly, I thought there was no way he would get enough. By the end, as his voice just grew and grew, he ended up tying for the highest score of the night.

Megan--You have to respect her taking a chance by playing the harp. Her voice was really good, but I found the harp actually distracting for this song. It probably would have sounded better with a different song. It was so distracting, I couldn't really enjoy her voice all that much. The more she sang, the more pitchy her voice was.

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: