Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 9.7

The Battle Rounds, part 2

Team Adam w/ John Fogerty

Keith Semple vs. Manny Cabo

The Who's "Baba O'Riley"
Oh dear, I'm in trouble because I love both of these guys! I don't want to lose either one of them. Their auditions were two of the best, seriously. There best be a steal for one of these guys, or it will be a tragedy. This song is perfect for them. I love Keith's personality and I love the way he started with the little mic toss. Vocally, these two are just amazing and so pitch-perfect. Going into this I kind of thought I liked Manny's voice better, but now I'm thinking I like Keith's better. I don't know, such a tough call. I think Keith really performed the heck out of the song, and I think Manny was a little bit more reserved, which kind of surprised me because I think their auditions were the opposite. The end of the song was absolutely incredible. They harmonized and sang the heck out of it with those high notes. Wow! And again, it's so nice to see a great comradery between them.
WINNER: KEITH
Side note: I just heard Adam he can't wait for Keith to sing some Muse! That makes me super excited! I love Muse and right from his audition, I thought that he looks so much like Muse's lead singer.

Team Blake w/ Brad Paisley

Chris Crump vs. Krista Hughes

Brad Paisley & Dolly Parton's "When I Get Where I'm Going"
I'm not overly excited for this battle. I don't really remember either of them from their audition, and I can't get excited for a Brad Paisley song. Chris starts out with kind of a weird, soft whisper. I'm not sure if he just couldn't find the notes or what...it was just kind of weird. It was like the notes were too low and he was trying to do it falsetto or something. When they both came in on the chorus, it was much better. I do like Chris's voice a lot. However, I'm afraid he's being overshadowed by Krista. He had a nice solo moment toward the end of the song. I think at the end of this Blake is only going to remember her performance, so she will probably be the winner...or not...since the judges all pointed out pitch problems with Krista that I didn't really hear, and 2 of the judges said they would pick Chris.
WINNER: CHRIS

Team Gwen w/ Selena Gomez

Kota Wade vs. Alex Kandel

No Doubt's "It's My Life"
WINNER: KOTA

Noah Jackson vs. Jeffery Austin
The Weeknd's "Can't Feel My Face"
WINNER: JEFFREY

Team Pharrell w/ Missy Elliott

Ivonne Acero vs. Siahna Im

The Supremes' "You Keep Me Hangin On"
These two appear to be two meek and mild teenagers, but if you remember their auditions, you remember that they both have big, bold voices. Siahna continues to shock me even though I've heard her sing before. Where does that big, deep voice come from? She's such a tiny little girl! Another very evenly matched battle. There is no clear winner here. They are both exceptional singers for their age...or any age for that matter. They had an incredible harmony and these two could seriously form a duet because they are just that good. I think Siahna might have had a slightly better performance and might have a little bit more personality.
WINNER: SIAHNA
STEAL: Gwen and Blake both push to steal, and she chooses Team Blake (shocker!)

Sydney Rhame vs. Madi Davis
Vance Joy's "Riptide"
WINNER: MADI



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: