Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 9.11

The Knockouts, part 2

Team Adam

Dustin vs. Keith

Dustin - Zac Brown Band's "Free"
Boring. I think he could have done this so much better. He didn't seem to really be trying...it was kind of lackadaisical. That seemed like a very safe performance. I liked him early on is this competition, but this just didn't do it for me at all. He seemed to strain on the higher notes and it just didn't seem effortless. This is all great news because I love Keith and I really, really, really want him to be the winner. So, I should be saying "thank you, Dustin". I agree with Pharrell, it didn't seem like he was fighting to win.

Keith - Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love Is"
He could not have chosen a more perfect song. Love, love, love. He is going to rock this. I love the advice that Rihanna gave to him. She seemed to really get him, and what she suggested made so much sense. This is so interesting, I just remembered that Terry McDermott sang this song on Season 3. This song must be popular amongst the Irish. So, do I even need to say how much I love Keith and loved this performance? His vocal was flawless. The tone of his voice is just magical. I love what he did with the end of the song as he kind of ad-libbed it a little bit, and then threw in some amazing high notes. Come on, Adam, I know you had to feel how amazing that was and realize that he is the only choice for the winner.

WINNER: Keith! Woohoo! You did it again Adam! Absolutely the right choice!

Team Gwen

Korin vs. Summer

Korin - Kodaline's "All I Want"
I love this song, great choice! Her voice was so beautiful and effortless. I got goosebumps all over on this one. She was quiet and tender when she needed to be, and she was big and strong when she needed to be. I love the gentle vibrato in her voice and the little trills she threw in. Beautiful! She reminds me so much of Lennon Stella, one of the amazing Stella sisters who are on the show Nashville. She looks a lot like her and there are some similarities in their voices, too. If you don't know who they are, do yourself a favor and look up some of their performances on YouTube...you will be blown away.

Summer - Little Big Town's "Little White Church"
She sounded great on this song. She had a great presence on stage. She really rocked it out, country style. She was good, but there are so many singers exactly like her. I would go with Korin.

WINNER: Korin

Team Pharrell

Darius vs. Morgan

Darius - George Benson's "On Broadway"
Seriously? Can't stand this song. I was on the fence of liking this guy, and that song choice is not going to make me #TeamDarius. His overdone vibratos are really annoying. He does way too many runs. It feels like he's trying too hard and just showing off. We get it...you can sing. Show me you can actually connect to what you're singing. There was no need to be so over-dramatic on a song about Broadway, where you simply repeat the phrase "on Broadway" over and over again.

Morgan - Eli Young Band's "Even if it Breaks Your Heart"
She sang this song so beautifully. Not much else to say about it. I would like to see her win, but I have a feeling Pharrell will give it to Darius, just because he probably thinks he can work with him better.

WINNER: Darius
STEAL: Blake pushes to steal Morgan, and she ends up where she started out


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: