Monday, October 26, 2015

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 21.8

Theme: Halloween! Always one of the most fun nights of the season! We also have the team dances!!

Nick & Sharna - Argentine Tango
Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein to Evanescence's "Bring Me to Life"
Could this be a more perfect combination? I love te Argentine tango, I love the song. I just hate that the band did not do it justice! The lifts are stellar! Ooh, I got chills! The only thing other than the botched music job was that it was way too short! I wanted to see more! I do agree with the judges that it did feel kind of more like a paso doble than an Argentine tango.
Score: 24

Hayes & Emma - Waltz
Werewolf
You almost can't recognize him with all that facial hair! I think this dance really suited him. His long arms create really beautiful lines. He worked the facial expressions and nailed the signature raised chin. He was elegant and manly at the same time. It was a really nice performance.
Score: 26

Alexa & Mark - Paso Doble
Edward Scissorhands!
Oh my, Mark has done it again with the costume and theme! He transforms totally into these different characters every week. He looks so much like Edward it's scary!! And how is he going to dance with her with those scissors on his hands?! I think it might be hard for her to stand out in this dance when clearly he is the focal character. I love that the shrubs all came to life...that was cool! This was a great paso. I won't say it's my favorite of all time, but Mark was completely entertaining, and she did a good job.
Score: 27

Tamar & Val - Foxtrot
Freaky Funhouse
Val looks amazing! But so does she! She is gorgeous and that purple is a great color on her. I didn't see this as a foxtrot at all. I'm not sure what it looked like, but I didn't get a foxtrot vibe at all. I don't know if it was because of the costumes and the theme or what. The theme was a bit disjointed and wasn't really carried through the whole performance. However, the dancing was stellar as always.
Score: 24

Andy & Allison - Paso Doble
Vampires - Marilyn Manson's "Beautiful People"
Oh, I seriously can't wait to see this! His eyes are so creepy good! He's shown us the darker side he has with his Argentine tango, but this is at a whole 'nother level! He is so freaking strong in this! That leather look looks amazing on him! The choreography with him out in front of the group was awesome! I hope the judges are loving this as much as I am! I think he rocked this and totally nailed it! And those eyes are freaky! Love it!
Score: 26

Bindi & Derek - Argentine Tango
Vampire queen (Lost Boys)
Look at her rocking the fangs and being all tough! Clearly she struggled in rehearsals with being tough and scary, but she's always been able to capture the character of the dance and her face is always so expressive. She kind of looked more like she was in pain than being vicious, but the dancing speaks for itself. She is a superstar. Derek's choreography was amazing as usual. There were lifts and there were neck bites and neck breaks...this dance had it all! And we can't end this recap without saying how hot Derek looked as well.
Score: 30

Alek & Lindsay - Viennese Waltz
Woman in Vienna
I have to say I'm not loving Alek's attitude in the last couple weeks and I didn't care for it in his rehearsals this week. I'm glad Artem was able to give him some honest criticism and specific things to work on. I have to say I'm not sure exactly what this theme is exactly and other than the smoke, what it has to do with Halloween? I think I'm so over him at this point that I can't even enjoy the dance. It seemed pretty blah to me. His death spin was a bit clunky and didn't look very smooth. This was just OK for me.
Score: 25

Carlos & Witney - Paso Doble
O Fortuna from Carmina Burana (no clue what that is)
His outfit is really interesting. He's got a mask kind of like the Phantom of the Opera. The music is very familiar...just had no idea that's what it was called. It's so smoky it's hard to see their dancing. I'm not quite sure what makes this fit the Halloween theme other than the smoke. He gave a great performance though. He rocked the emotion even though most of his face was covered. He was definitely a powerful matador in this. He did a great job with the cape.
Score: 28

Team Freestyles
It's worth noting again, that Derek has NEVER LOST a group dance! So, my money is going on Team Who You Gonna Call. However, this year's groups are probably more evenly matched than ever before. There is no weak link on either team. These are 8 truly amazing dancers. This should be good!

Team Nightmare - Nightmare Before Christmas
Nick & Sharna (captain), Tamar & Val, Andy & Allison, Hayes & Emma
Love the outfits! I love the work around the table...so clever! And then the tables come apart! Whoa, I love Nick & Sharna's solo! That was freaky and awesome how they started all intertwined! Everyone held up their part with their solos. The partnering and group work was all on point and really creative! They've got a great shot to win with this one! Too bad they had to go first!
Score: 30

Team Who Ya Gonna Call - Ghostbusters
Bindi & Derek (captain), Alexa & Mark, Carlos & Witney, Alek & Witney
The guys are obviously the ghostbusters, and the girls are the ghosts. Alek's solo was great, and that lift was so strong. Carlos and Lindsay did their solo on hoverboards! Wow...just wow! To even attempt that is so brave! I loved the tutting on Bindi and Derek's solo. It was cool how the ghostbusters picked up and carried their ghost off the floor when their solo was done. You could tell they were really trying to go full-out because of the other team's performance. They nailed the flip of Alexa at the end. This routine had a little bit of everything. It was so much fun! The judges picked up on them not being quite in sync, so that might just be enough to end Derek's perfect run. And Bindi is the one who said she took the blame for being out of sync.
Score: 28 ...and Derek has been dethroned!

Week 7 Standings

Bindi & Derek - 30 + 28 = 58
Carlos & Witney - 28 + 28 = 56
Andy & Allison - 26 + 30 = 56
Hayes & Emma - 26 + 30 = 56
Alexa & Mark - 27 + 28 = 55
Nick & Sharna - 24 + 30 = 54
Tamar & Val - 24 + 30 = 54
Alek & Lindsay - 25 + 28 = 53

The Results

In Jeopardy: Hayes & Emma, Tamar & Val, Alexa & Mark
Going Home: Hayes & Emma :(

Let's face it, whoever was going home tonight was going to be a shock. Anyone who leaves from this point on will be sad and shocking as well. They are all so good at this point. Hayes had a great night and he has grown so much. It was fun to watch him on his journey this season. He came in as a basic unknown celebrity (even though he had a lot of followers). I knew his time would probably be limited. I'm proud of how well he did and how long he lasted.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: