Monday, October 12, 2015

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 21.6

Theme: Switch-up -- each celebrity is paired up with a different pro, as voted on by the public

Plus! Maks is back, but this time, he's joining the judging panel! That means there will be a total of 40 points available this week.

Also worth noting: no one is being eliminated tonight. Their scores and votes from last week are combined with this week's to determine who will be eliminated next week.

Tamar & Louis - Samba
I'm sure Louis is loving having someone to actually "dance" with. Tamar rocked this just like she has every other dance. Lots of classic samba moves and they nailed every beat.
Score: 29

Hayes & Allison - Viennese Waltz
He's so cute! His partner is changing this week, and...so is his voice! Because, in his words, "puberty". Awe! He looks so grown up this week! Allison did a great job with him. That suit with the tails is a nice touch. As much as I know about ballroom, I think he did a great job. It looked like he had some really nice lines with his arms really extended. I didn't realize his arms were so long! They seemed to go on for miles! He floated and was so graceful. Very nice job! He is getting better every week. He was good to start out with, and he just keeps improving.
Score: 31

Paula & Mark - Jive
I'm still baffled by this pairing. I don't know who in their right mind would have voted for this pairing. I think this was rigged. I love that she is scared of him because he is too edgy. She told him he would have to be patient, and he said he even has that tattooed on his arm. She thinks he needs to get it on the other arm too. Surprisingly in rehearsal, these 2 were actually meant to be together! They have the same sense of humor...it's hilarious! Oh my goodness...his little milkman intro was hilarious! So, there's a lot of bouncing, but not really on time. She's actually getting a little hip action going. Oh no! She just lifted her skirt! Yikes! She has no shame, clearly. I like the little butt bump that sent Mark flying at the end...that was pretty funny. OK, so I didn't see ANY kicks and flicks. This looked a little more like a lindy hop or something. There was no like, side-by-side kicks and flicks.
Side note: funniest line of the night goes to Julianne: "Mark brought the milk and you brought the cookies!" and then Paula shouted "Did anything fall on the floor?!" LOL! I agree with Maks. I think she actually could do more and is playing it safe. I think Louis could be giving her more to work with and I think Mark could have as well. At least show us she's trying to do steps, because it's a lot of all standing in the same place.
Score: 26

Alek & Emma - Rumba
Poor Alek! The hits keep coming...literally! Last week, the Oregon shooting at his college. Earlier this week, his friend (who also helped subdue the terrorist on the train with him) was stabbed! And now, Emma whacks him in the nose in rehearsal and breaks his nose! I sure hope he can catch a break soon!

Emma said she's never done a rumba on the show before. She said her other partners have either been "too ripe or not ripe enough"...oh Emma! I think he has a little crush! And I think she sort of does too,! He said he couldn't concentrate because she was too pretty. Awe! He didn't seem himself last week (understandably), and I thought he might still be off his game a little bit with everything else that's happened. But, he did so well on this dance! I love seeing him let go and show his feelings. Even though he was kind of embarrassed at the end. They connected as partners so well! They have a very natural chemistry and it showed, even after only working together a week. I kind of wish they were paired from this start because they are so hot together! Holy crap, that was just magical to watch! Wow...just...wow!!! I loved that dance and you could just feel the steamy, sexy, energy that radiated from them. And it looks like they are going on a date after this! Yay!
Score: 29 (Seriously? What were they thinking with those scores? They had really positive things to say, so why so low?)

Bindi & Val - Cha Cha
Great...Val said this is the toughest cha cha he's ever done on the show. I think she is up to the challenge. So, Bindi brings in a huge snake, and that is just so gross! It just sits there and slithers while they are rehearsing...yuck! Look at her in that bright yellow...she just radiates...even more than she normally does. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. There were so many steps and she just nailed them with so much confidence. I love the way she just feels every beat and emotion and it all just shows on her face. What a cute routine, and they worked so well together! I'm so happy for her! And they had such a cute moment after the dance. It looks like she has had the same effect on Val in one week just as she has on Derek. That girl is just so special and such a bright and joyful light in this world. To be half the person she is would be incredible. There are not enough positive and amazing words to describe this girl.
Score: 37 (10 from Maks!!)

Carlos & Lindsay - Quickstep
From one best friend to the other. He should not have too much of a hard time transitioning to work with her. He said he would like to fuse them together into Windsay. Ha! I can tell right away that this is going to be an extremely fast and crazy quickstep! I would think this one might be a hard one to jump into with a new partner because there is a lot of trust involved in making all those quick steps in sync. I think they did a great job. This dance was crazy and there were so many steps! She didn't hold back at all, and I think that's a good thing, because he's right, he does have something to prove. He's been in the middle of the pack and he was in jeopardy last week.
Score: 39 (3 10s! Wow!)

Alexa & Derek - Tango
I LOVE their outfits! Derek's hair also looks amazing! I love the song that danced to "Bastille"...even if it wasn't the original track. The band didn't butcher it like they do most other songs. She looked great and she had the character nailed. I love the 6-person walking high kick thing they did. Really good dance! This switch-up was good for her. It was another really good match-up. Just like the rest of the couples so far, they didn't seem to have any trouble learning from a new partner.
Score: 40 (Whoa!!! First perfect score of the season, and she beat her husband by 1 point!)

Andy & Sharna - Argentine Tango
He actually canceled a show to have more rehearsal time. You can't say he doesn't want to be there and isn't giving it his all. I hope this is his breakout week! He needs this! I love that they are dancing to The Weeknd's "Can't Feel My Face"...I love this song! He looks so hot this week! The visual effects are really great and add a lot to the feel of the dance. He is really connecting with Sharna! I don't know what it is about these switch-ups...but EVERYONE is doing better with a different partner! This is crazy! Oh my gosh. So um....I just got goosebumps and my jaw dropped...this dance was beyond incredible. His face sold the entire performance. This was SO SEXY! I loved Andy before, but I am IN LOVE WITH HIM RIGHT NOW! That was like one of the sexiest dances I have ever seen! He was so comfortable with her..I can't believe what I just watched! And that lift?! He swung her around his neck with her legs! I can't believe he pulled that off! And the chills I got when he ran his hand up her leg...holy crap! I just can't say enough about this dance, and I am SO GLAD that he judges finally gave him some positive critiques!!!!!! It's about darn time! I cannot wait to watch this dance again! And then the reveal that the origin of his sexy face came from Sharna telling him to look like he smelled a fart...keeping it classy folks! Like Maks said...whatever works! And this worked like a dream. Take notes for next week Allison! I'm so incredibly happy for him, you have no idea!
Score: 36

Nick & Witney - Paso Doble
That's so funny that he is leading the rehearsal and telling her when he was off. LOVE their outfits. LOVE her hair! He looks so hot (doesn't take much). How interesting...they had like a ramp over the steps that they had to travel up...never seen that before. I was a little worried because his movements weren't super powerful at the beginning, but once they got to the top of the stage, he kicked it into another gear! He was nailing those arm movements and foot stomps. Overall, it was a really good performance as usual. He might not have benefitted as much from the switch-up as some of the others, but he still did amazing.
Score: 35

Week 5 Standings
Alexa & Derek - 40
Carlos & Lindsay - 39
Bindi & Val - 37
Andy & Sharna - 36
Nick & Witney - 35
Hayes & Allison - 31
Alek & Emma - 29
Tamar & Louis - 29
Paula & Mark - 26

Week 4 & 5 Combined Standings
Bindi & Derek - 65
Carlos & Witney - 64
Nick & Sharna - 62
Alexa & Mark - 61
Andy & Allison - 59
Hayes & Emma - 58
Tamar & Val - 56
Alek & Lindsay - 53
Paula & Louis - 44


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: