Monday, October 26, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 9.10

The Knockouts begin! Rihanna joins all the coaches as an advisor.

Team Adam

Blaine vs. Andi & Alex
Blaine - James Bay's "Hold Back the River"
I'm so worried for him because Adam is completely enamored with the girls. I just love his voice. He is so talented and I would hate to lose him this early in the competition. I just hope if Adam doesn't keep him that someone steals him! I didn't really care for the song choice, but he rocked it and gave a really strong performance. The fact that he had to sing first didn't help him, either.

Andi & Alex - Keith Urban's "Stupid Boy"
I'm sorry, but no one can do this song as well as Cassadee Pope did on Season 3. They shouldn't even try. Their uniqueness is starting to get lost on me. I actually thought their voices were clashing tonight. Individually they were OK, but I didn't care for their harmonies tonight. Because they're twins, I can't tell them apart...I'm not sure which one it is, but I don't care for her voice as much...it's kind of childish in a way. I don't know...I was not feeling this. I feel like we were so blown away by their original version of Dido's "Thank You" that we think everything they do is incredible. However, if you actually listen to them, I really don't think it was that good. I think the choice here is very clear, but I don't know that Adam can let them go.

WINNER: Blaine! Woohoo! Absolutely the right choice Adam! That was so the right choice!

Jordan vs. Viktor

I'm nervous about this one because I love both of these guys so much. There best be a steal or I'm going to be very upset!

Jordan - Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain"
What a bold and brave choice. But...if he can tackle Sia's "Chandelier", he can do anything! His voice is just so flawless. I got some major goosebumps on this one! There aren't enough amazing words in my vocabulary to describe how awesome this was. Those high notes were ridiculous. There is no beating him. Just can't be done. Nothing Viktor can do, as good as he is, can compare with this vocal performance. Perfection.

Viktor - Alicia Keys's "If I Ain't Got You"
Interesting song choice. Like Simon Cowell would say, he could sing the phone book and it would be amazing. This isn't my favorite song, so I kind of wish he would have picked something else. The high notes that he pulled out were so unexpected! Who knew he could go that high? He nailed those notes perfectly and they could have shattered some glass, I think. He did all he could with that performance, but Jordan just has something special.

WINNER: Jordan
STEAL: Gwen pushes to steal Viktor!! Thank you Gwen! And with that, he quickly just became the best singer on Team Gwen.

Team Blake

Barrett vs. Blind Joe

Barrett - Zac Brown Band's "Colder Weather"
This started out so boring for me...total snoozefest. Luckily it did pick up steam and he brought the performance that we've come to know from him. The slow, calm parts of the song were just too boring. I don't know what it was exactly.

Blind Joe - Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys"
Clearly I'm not a fan of this song. I think this was a pretty safe performance for him. I would have liked to hear him take more of a risk and stretch himself out of his comfort zone a little bit. For the first time, he really seemed to strain his voice on the high notes at the end. He had a strong held out note that was kind of a capella...but then it kind of waivered. Not his best by any means.

WINNER: Barrett -- that was the right choice based on this performance

Chance vs. Ivonne

Chance - Imagine Dragons's "Demons"
Interesting song choice. This song is a little low for him, I'm not sure if it was the right song for him. I love the song, but I think it might be his undoing. It just sounded kind of awkward until he got to the chorus. He rocked the chorus, but the verses were a little wonky.

Ivonne - Katy Perry's "Part of Me"
This is an interesting version of this song. It's a little more dark than the original. I wasn't so sure about this choice in the rehearsals. I think she did a good job with it. She definitely brought a lot of emotion to it. I think her big notes and intensity probably won this for her.

WINNER: Ivonne

Team Gwen

Braiden vs. Ellie

Braiden - Michael Buble's "Feeling Good"
I think he is going to sound amazing on this song. Look at him! Can't even recognize him...at all! He let Gwen slick down his hair and he lost his glasses...he's a completely different person! His voice was so angelic and smooth. It was perfect for a song like this. Gwen couldn't sit still in her chair, she just loved it so much. I loved when the tempo picked up and he just belted it out. This kid is so freaking amazing! I don't know how you get rid of this kid. There is no way that Ellie can compete with that...just not happening.

Ellie - Demi Lovato's "Cool for the Summer"
This song should be perfect for her. I liked her performance, but you just can't compare her bubblegum performance to the masterpiece that Braiden gave us. She has a very interesting tone to her voice, but there are others out there who can do it as good or much better than her. She also was trying to force it in a few spots and she was flat and her voice cracked. Not her best performance.

WINNER: Braiden - clearly the obvious choice, this was a true knockout...a TKO

Team Pharrell

Amy vs. Madi

Amy - Etta James's "A Sunday Kind of Love"
Her song choices are so sleepy and hypnotic...but not in a good way. I couldn't wait for this to be over. Just not my cup o' tea at all. She had some nice runs, but she kind of overdid the vibrato in some places. I'm already really tired, and this just about put me to sleep.

Madi - Joni Mitchell's "Case of You"
Madi started out sounding exactly like Amy. But there's a difference with her that there is something that pulls you in. I really enjoyed the tone of her voice. She is really interesting. She sang a very similar kind of song that Amy did, but she made it interesting and way more engaging. I loved the runs she did and the slight vibrato in her voice. She would definitely be my pick.

WINNER: Madi
STEAL: Adam and Blake push to steal Amy, and she chooses Adam - crap, I was really hoping she would pick Blake; Adam can't steal anyone else now! I don't think that was a smart move...she's too boring!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: