Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 8.2

Blind Auditions #2

Team Adam - 3

Tonya Boyd-Cannon, 35
And she is what you call "bald-bald" (a Seinfeld reference). She works with a prison choir...um...OK. I can tell even before she sings that she is not going to sing anything I'm going to like. It is now guaranteed that she will end up being the first member of Adam's team :( Song choice was a nice surprise. I didn't expect her to sing Pharrell's "Happy". And there turns Adam...I knew it. She's OK, nothing we haven't heard a million times on this show before. Pharrell and Christina also turn around, so I'm hoping she'll choose one of them. I mean, she sang Pharrell's song, so why not choose him, right?! And of course, what did I say? He even said there was no reason why she should pick him, and more reasons why she should pick Christina and Pharrell.
Chair Turns: 3 (Adam, Christina, Pharrell)

Blaze Johnson, 23
He's right, he doesn't sound like the way he looks. And I didn't expect to hear him sing The Fray. I would have guessed Barry White or something else ridiculous like that. Pretty good voice. I liked how he really went for it at the end. I thought the end of the song was better than the first half.
Chair Turns: 2 (Adam and Blake)

Deanna Johnson, 18
She has such an interesting tone. You wouldn't expect her to have such a deep voice. I usually don't like girls with deep voices, but I actually kind of liked her performance.
Chair Turns: 4

Team Blake - 4

Brooke Adee, 16
I love the song "Skinny Love" by Birdy. She sang it so beautifully! How is she only 16? I was completely mesmerized by her voice. Love, love, loved it! Come on pick Adam!!! How did only 2 chairs turn? Come on!
Chair Turns: 2 (Adam and Blake...why in the world did she pick Blake over Adam? Blake's ploy to get the crowd to cheer for him...not fair! Poor Adam!)

Team Christina - 4

Gabriel Wolfchild, 26
OK, so this guy's family is strange! Dad's name is Blue Mountain and his brother's name is Lion Trutheart...which they chose at the Rainbow Gathering festival. Ummm...OK. He's got a decent voice, but I'm not blown away yet. It might have helped if he would have sang a familiar song.
Chair Turns: 3 (Adam, Blake, Christina...Pharrell didn't turn because he didn't think he would pick him...funny story, he said if he had 4 chairs he would have picked Pharrell)

Joe Tolo, 21
He's got a nice tone. It took me until the chorus to figure out what song he was singing. I was thinking he was just OK, but once he hit the chorus the second time and then hit this crazy ridiculous note at the end, I was like WOW!
Chair Turns: 2 (Blake and Christina)

Team Pharrell - 5

Anthony Riley, 20
Whoa...he came out blazing! Chairs turned right away. He sounds like a real professional singer. His pitch was perfect. He even had some pretty sweet dance moves. There was one of his squeals that just didn't sit right, but other than that, it was a really great audition. I got some goosebumps on that ending! That dude can perform!
Chair Turns: 4

Mia Z, 15
Well for one thing, you can't understand a single word she's singing. It's clear she has an incredible voice though. If she can just learn to enunciate a little better, she'd be really good. She hit an incredibly high note at the end...wow! Blake thought he had her, and Pharrell turned around at the last second. I love that Adam said she didn't need all the affectation in her voice...I was thinking the same thing!
Chair Turns: 2 (Blake and Pharrell)


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: