Thursday, February 19, 2015

American Idol, Ep. 14.14

Showcase #2

We're halfway to our Top 24 who will go on to perform for America's votes. We saw some great singers move on last night, and I have a few favorites I'm crossing my fingers for. Don't want to mention any names, so I don't jinx them!

Made it through to the Top 24!

Joey Cook
Can we just cut her already?! Every round, it's the same thing. She forgot her words several times, but of course in this performance, she actually did pretty well, and wasn't totally and utterly annoying like in most of her performances. And I was glad to see that she didn't have the accordion again. I knew there was no way they were going to cut her, they just love her so much.

Katherine Winston
We haven't seen much of her up to this point. I can see why, she's not that impressive or memorable. I'm really surprised she made it through.

Alexis Gomez
I've really liked her from the beginning. I liked her performance, but I don't think the Spanish works with country.

Quentin Alexander

He's such an interesting guy. I loved this performance. I wasn't familiar with the song, but I really liked it. I really enjoy seeing what he's going to do each time.

Savion Wright
He was here last year, and I was so shocked that they cut him at this stage. I think he had a good performance, but it wasn't one of his best and I wasn't blown away. I'm so stoked for him right now! He more than deserved this last year, so I'm glad they are giving him his chance this year.

Mark Andrew
His version of Hozier's "Take Me To Church" was really good. It seemed a little rushed, but his vocals were awesome.

Trevor Douglas
Can I just say that it was so cool that they used Jason Mraz's "Geek in the Pink" for his intro?! Totally fitting...it's got to be his life's theme song. I won't say his live performance was his best, but I think the crowd loved it. I hope the judges give him a chance because this kid has what it takes to go all the way. Harry had me a little worried, and I didn't want to get my hopes up, but...my favorite is going through! Whew!

Nick Fradiani
Another great performance from Nick. He has great song selection and I always enjoy his performance. This was his last shot, and I'm so glad they put him through.

Sarina-Joi Crowe
This is her fourth time here, and I still don't remember her. She has a nice voice, but she just doesn't do it for me.

Qaasim Middleton
This guy...I shouldn't like him, but I do. In his audition I thought he was a little bit of a joke, but he's got real talent. I didn't care for his live performance at all. It was a lot of screaming and shouting, but the judges seemed to really dig it.

Riley Bria
I love this kid. I just keep saying, "it better be him, it better be him!" He just seems like he was meant to be on the stage. He never looks nervous. I love his voice. He's got such stage presence. It came down to him and Ricky Dale Hendricks for the final spot and he got it! They made the right choice! Whew! That was a close one!

Shi
It's down to her and Jelly Joseph for the final spot. This isn't even close...of course it's going to be Shi. They can't get enough of her. Her performance was pretty good, but I'm never going to be a fan. She just oversings and forces everything. On stage, she has a lot of confidence, but her lack of confidence off stage is really annoying.

Notable Cuts

Hollywood Anderson
I can't believe he's made it this far. His audition was great, but his first performance in Hollywood was atrocious. This performance was better, but I'm not impressed at all. I think they had blinders on and were so mesmerized by his first performance.

Maddy Hudson
I thought she was in for sure...they're obsessed with her. I can't stand her lipstick all the time! The bright red is awful, but this blue makes her look like her lips are frozen. I wanted to like this performance, but it was so dull and lifeless and she sounded flat.

Jaq Mackenzie
What?! She was like my favorite girl! I can't believe they cut her!

Hunter Larsen
I really liked her :(

Emily Brooke
With Jaq out, she would have been my favorite girl. She's had so many solid performances...even if she is country. She had a great version of "Stupid Boy". I can't believe she didn't make it! She was one of the more heavily featured girls to this point.

Ricky Dale Hendricks
I loved his audition, but I don't think we EVER saw him in Hollywood, so I'm a little surprised to see him still here. His live performance was pretty shaky. It was down to him and Riley Bria for the final spot, and he didn't quite make it. He left as a class act though.

Jelly Joseph
I thought Jelly was cut earlier. I've never liked her and this performance didn't change my mind. She's so over the top and annoying. And that hair...seriously...not cool. It came down to her and Shi for the final spot, and she didn't make it.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: