Wednesday, February 4, 2015

American Idol, Ep. 14.9

Auditions are done, and we're off to Hollywood! It's time to see what these singers are really made of--who is going to rise up and shine like a star, and who will make us wonder 'how in the world did they make it through?' I can't wait to find out!

The judges face the crowd of 200 singers and they tell them that some of them will be performing NOW. We don't know exactly what's going to happen, but it's pretty safe to assume that some will be cut right away.

Jax
Awesomely creative version of Britney Spears' "Toxic". We've heard this song done so many times and in a lot of different versions, but I don't think I've ever heard a version like this. It was new and different, but still It was so good!

Mark Andrew
I still like him.

Emily Brooke
Good, but I think this is the same song she auditioned with.

Sal Valentinetti
Still not a fan of his singing, but he's hilarious.

Adam Ezegelian
I wondered which version of him we would get, and it was the good one. The upper notes were a bit of a reach, but it was still good.

Tyanna Jones
Props for singing an Olly Murs song, but I'm still not impressed with her for some reason.

Savion Wright
Still love him! He better go all the way this year! I still can't get over how different he looks without the glasses and braces. I can't tell if he still has the dreads or not under that hat. I wouldn't even recognize him from last year, he just looks so different.

Hollywood Anderson
I loved his original in his audition, but his version of Adele's "Someone Like You" was..well...interesting. It was a little creepy, and I was hoping for better.

Shannon Berthiaume
"Sir Duke" is a very hard song to sing a capella. It started out so good, but she got stuck and then stopped. She was able to pick it back up a little bit, but you could tell she was rattled.

Adam Lasher
OMG...I love this guy! Dare I say he could go all the way? I don't want to jinx him, but I am just so in love with this guy. He has absolutely killed every song he has done so far, and I absolutely can't wait to hear more. I get the same feeling about him that I had for Caleb last year. I also see a little bit of Phillip in what he does. 2 winners...coincidence?

Garrett Miles
This guy! You know I don't like country, but he's so darn likable! And he's got a really good voice.

Trevor Douglas
One of my early audition favorites, and he's still so funny! And that voice! Love, love, love! He's such an enigma. He's got the nerdy glasses, but you can tell he's really cute underneath...he's got a wicked sense of humor, and then he's got this amazing voice. And oh yeah, he's an incredible guitar player too. Hoping he goes very far!!! And to think he is only 16! He just oozes talent, confidence and charisma. Definitely one to watch...just sayin'.

Joey Cook
Still very strongly dislike everything about her and her "squeezebox". Yuck, yuck, yuck to her look, her voice, her style, everything. I'm not sure which was worse, her horrible blue hair, or this horrible pink hair.

Amber Kelechi
She had a total breakdown before she was called to the stage...she's obviously not ready for this competition. She awkwardly started jumping and beating her chest. I get it once she starts singing because she did "Radioactive". It was OK, but not really impressive.

They call all of the people who performed up to the stage. They told them they performed because they were some of the most memorable from the auditions and they wanted to hear them again. They are giving them the benefit of the doubt and they are all moving on to the next round. I sure wish they would have gotten rid of some of the dead weight. Day 1 is over.

Next round, they perform in lines of 10. Some will go through, and some will not. Half of them will be going home. Yikes!

Row 1



Reno Anoa'i
Another good performance for him.

Priscilla Barker
I don't remember the strong country twang from the first one. It was good, but a little safe and boring.

Jaq Mackenzie
I love this girl, and I love her song choices. Echo Smith's "Cool Kids" was the perfect choice for her. I just realized she kind of reminds me of a young Michelle Branch. And she is only 15! She is so comfortable on stage singing and interacting with the judges. There is such maturity there...unlike so many of the other young ones...and even some of the older ones. I think she might just be my favorite girl so far.

Reno and Jaq go through, Priscilla is cut

Row 2

Erica Washington
Big performance...really loud.

Erica makes it through

Row 3

Michael Simeon
I love him. His voice is so amazing. Nice job on the falsetto. Really, really good. The more I see him, the more I like him.

"Big Ron" Wilson
I think this was better than his audition. I didn't care for his falsettos, but the rest of it was really good.

Michael and Ron both had a connection with J. Lo in their auditions, and they seem to have bonded themselves over this similarity. It was quite funny. They both make it through.

Row 4

Gabby Zonneveld
I don't remember her from the auditions. She started singing, and then she stopped and looked so confused. Is she gonna pass out? We'll find out tomorrow, because it's "to be continued".



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: