Thursday, February 12, 2015

American Idol, Ep. 14.12

Hollywood Round continues...

The group round is done, and now we are on to the final solo performances, on the final day. Fingers crossed we don't lose any more good ones! There are 80 singers left, and they are going to cut them about in half.

Loren Lott
I haven't been very impressed with her this far in the competition, but I think she killed "Skyfall". She didn't have that childish sound to her voice like she normally does. She started out soft and then really built it up. It was a very strong performance. Her best yet.

She made it through

Daniel Seavey
Love this kid...you just can't help but smile when you see him. He's come a long way from his initial audition. His falsetto was really good. I love watching him sing, and how he glances at the judges, it's just too cute. Another really good performance. It's not perfect by any means, but it's so enjoyable because he's so likable.

He made it through! I'm always nervous for him because I feel like at any time they can say that his cuteness just isn't enough.

"Big Ron" Wilson
The behind-the-scenes drama with the vocal coaches and band are very unbecoming. His voice is not good enough to win me over, especially after seeing that. He's OK, but he's a dime-a-dozen. And then after he's done, he totally bad mouths Ricky Minor to the judges. How dare he!

The ego that was "Big Ron" is cut!


Shi Scott
She is way too nervous...I'm thinking she's not prepared for this competition. I'm still not a fan of her voice. It would be OK to listen to her sing for one song, but any more than that and I think I might want to rip my ears off. There's something kind of "nails on the chalkboard" about her voice.

She makes it through...somehow

Adam Lasher
I missed not seeing him perform in the group round! He's still as good as ever. I've said it before and I'll say it again...he just has something. Even with a little mess-up at the end, it was still good and enjoyable. It might have been his weakest performance, but it was still better than just about everyone else.

And...I am BEYOND UPSET. I seriously can't believe they just cut Adam! You've got to be kidding me! I did it again...I root too hard for someone and jinx them. Sorry Adam. Please come back next season!

Quentin Alexander
He's such an interesting character, with how he dresses. What a creative version of "Riptide". I actually really liked it. He's a talented guy, and I always enjoy seeing what he's going to do.

He made it through--big surprise

Maddie Walker
Another good performance from Maddie.

She made it through

Trevor Douglas
Again....love, love, love him! He's always the one I want to see the most. I can't wait to see what he's going to do.

He made it through--woohoo!

Alexis Granville
I sure hope this is her last round. They have to see that she is not ready for this competition. She sounds just as bad as she did in the group round. Judges: please tell me that you hear how off she is. Harry had to stop her and tell her to get her starting note again. Come on, just give it up already. Starting over didn't help one bit. Again, they stopped her and didn't even let her finish. Thank goodness.

She didn't make it through--yes!

Jax
I'm starting to like her less. Her voice sounds different than it did in the audition. I'm not sure what it is, but it's just so whiny sounding. I want to like her, but I just can't.

She made it through

Michael Simeon
I think he just keeps getting better and better. I loved his performance of "Try" by Colbie Caillat. It was so beautiful. I love his emotion. Ha! Harry just said he gets better every time...yes, I agree, Harry!

He made it through!

Nick Fradiani
I'm not a huge fan of this song, but I'm a fan of Nick. I love his voice. Very nice performance.

He made it through

Katherine Skinner
Katherine and all her weirdness. Her psychic cat died, so does that mean she's doomed? She screeched her way through "Alone", and most of it was painful.

No more Katherine and her weird made up stories. Unfortunately, she's only 15, so she can try out for many, many years to come.

Clark Beckham
I love this guy. I just see Tyler Hilton when I see him...every time! Another great performance. I loved his bounciness behind the piano. It took me quite awhile to figure out what song he was singing. He totally improved that song! He killed it!So much personality! You can't help but jive to that!

He made it through

Mark Andrew
He's got an Ed Sheeran/Sam Smith kind of mixture going on, and I love it! I loved this performance! I'm bummed that he kind of messed up the lyrics at the end. I sure hope that doesn't get him cut. I finally figured out who he reminds me of: a combination of Val Chermkovskiy (Dancing with the Stars) and Casey Abrams (American Idol Season 10)!

With a warning that his special voice saved him, he made it through

Joey Cook
Again, she's back to yuck. She had a brief glimmer of something I could tolerate in the group round, but now she's back to her same old thing. It was beyond boring. I sure hope they were underwhelmed. She was so worried about remembering the words this time. Seriously? All she sang was "Nothing's gonna change my world"...over and over and over. Unfortunately, she did remember all those words.

Ugh! I can't believe they put her through again!

Lovey James
Her voice is so strong for being so young!

I think she was eliminated. I don't know how that could be. How could she not make it, but Joey does?

Tyanna Jones
We didn't see much, but it sounded pretty good.

She made it through

Rayvon Owen
This was better than his group performance.

He made it through

Riley Bria
I really like this kid! He had a great group performance, and this was just as good, if not better! So good! He's so talented. I love his voice, it's just such a pleasant tone.

He made it through!!

Others who made it: Emily Brooke, Alexis Gomez, Shannon Berthiaume, Katherine Winston

Other casualties: Piper Jones, Jessica Lamb, Naomi Tatsuoka, Alex Shier

There are now 48 singers left.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: