Wednesday, February 25, 2015

American Idol, Ep. 14.15

Top 24:

The guys are performing tonight, and the girls will perform tomorrow. They can pick any song they want.

I'm going to say this right now: I love all the guys and there's only like maybe one that I would be willing to give up. I am going to be really upset for anyone to leave!

Adam Ezegelian - "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister
Yes! Perfect song for him. I've said it before, but I never expect that rocker's growl that he has! He's such a goofy guy and then he comes out and just flat out rocks it! His growls and shrieks are always perfectly timed and not over done. What a way to start the show.
My Score: A+

Michael Simeon - "How am I Supposed to Live Without You" by Michael Bolton
It started off kind of slow. He did a nice job with it. I liked the little falsetto he threw in at the end. That was a nice surprise. I'm afraid that singing 2nd out of 12, that he might be forgotten :( I sure hope not...
My Score: B+

Savion Wright - "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train
Great song choice. I wish he would have done a little bit more with it. I think he performed it really well, though. I just really want to see him go far!
My Score: B

Mark Andrew - "The Weight" by The Band
I don't know this band or this song, but somehow he makes every song sound familiar. He's just got such an easy way about him. Another strong performance from Mark.
My Score: A

Trevor Douglas - "Best I Ever Had" by Gavin DeGraw
He always chooses the best songs. I see so much of Phillip Phillips in what he does. He always has so much energy on stage and he just can't hold still! But that's part of what makes him so much fun to watch. I am getting a little nervous, though, because his vocals have not been as good as I know he has been and can be. He was actually quite off tonight which is so disappointing. I hope his personality pulls him through. He's got something special, and I REALLY want to see him do well. I was glad to see he finished the song pretty strong, so hopefully that's enough. He's just so gosh darn likable!
My Score: C+ (that score absolutely kills me, but his vocals were just not there tonight)

Clark Beckham - "When a Man Loves a Woman" by Percy Sledge
This guy! He seriously gets better every time he takes the stage. I love watching him perform. His vocals are always so on point. He just gets so into every performance. Love him! That high note was ridiculous! Great, great performance! Beautiful and so moving!
My Score: A++

Rayvon Owen - "Jealous" by Nick Jonas
This is a good song for him because there is lot of falsetto, which is one of his strengths. Those high notes, I don't know how he does it. This was a really good performance, but I still think he's forgettable. I never remember him at the end of the day.
My Score: B+

Daniel Seavey - "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz
He's another one that always picks the best songs! This song is so hard because there are a lot of fast words. He nailed it on every run! He's such a performer at such a young age. He has so much fun and that smile is so infectious! His vocals were really good tonight. Another great performance. I think he might be around for awhile. Those girls just love him!
My Score: A-

Riley Bria - "Homeboy" by Eric Church
I love this kid...even though he sings country! He's just that good! I love watching him perform. I think he has one of the best voices in the competition. He just never has a bad performance. I can't say enough good things about him.
My Score: A+

Quentin Alexander - "I Put a Spell on You" by The Screamin' Jay Hawkins
First of all, this guy always wears the strangest things. But...he has one heck of a voice! I shouldn't like him, but I really, really do! This guy is just so crazy good. He's one of a kind that's for sure. That was so good, and so hypnotizing!
My Score: A+

Nick Fradiani - "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran
Nick is another one who just doesn't have bad performances and always picks the absolute best songs. This sounded like it could have been his song and not a cover. It was just so good! Loved this performance, but it was too short! I wanted more!
My Score: A+

Qaasim Middleton - "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars
Whoa, he doesn't have a hat on and he has his hair half pulled back...almost didn't recognize him! This was the perfect song for him. A song like this that is really popular right now and is really upbeat...that's how you get remembered. This was such a good performance. It was ridiculous. He was so lively on that stage...so much fun!
My Score: A+

These guys are performing like they are in the finals! I honestly, I just don't even know what America is going to decide. And like I said at the beginning of this episode...I honestly don't want to lose any of these guys! That never happens! Usually there are at least 4 or 5 I don't like and don't want to continue. They picked so many good ones! I can't bear to lose 4 of them! Eeek! I don't even know who I want to vote for...it's that difficult of a decision!

The girls, on the other hand...I don't think I'm going to have a problem. I had a few that I really liked, and those girls got cut in the last round :(


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: