Monday, June 17, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 4.24 & 4.25: The Finale

The Finale

Danielle

Song #1: She re-sings "Maybe it Was Memphis". Beautiful and amazing as always.

Song #2: Ditto above. No need for me to just write the same things over and over and over. Love her...enough said.

Michelle

Song #1: She re-sings her Taylor Swift song. I think she did better than the first time she sang it. She could have been a little stronger on the high notes in the chorus, but overall it was a pretty good performance.

Song #2: Singing in the mirror again...oh wait...the mirror isn't moving with her...that's weird. I'm not loving this song for her. It's kind of flat and boring, there's not a whole lot going on. This song seems to last forever! Vocally it might be one of her best performances, but the song was not my cup o' tea.

The Swon Brothers

Song #1: Yuck...not liking this song choice at all. It's very different for them, I hope it doesn't hurt them too badly. Vocally, it's very good as always, but it might be straying too far from their country roots.

Song #2: They re-sing "Danny's Song" from last week. This may have been a great performance for them, but I think maybe their turning point was a few weeks ago. They could have picked any number of songs to re-perform I think. Not sure why you'd want to do one from just last week. Great performance, nonetheless.

Who's Going To Win?
I've been saying for weeks that I think Danielle has this in the bag. She's been a clear front-runner the entire competition. She has not had one single bad performance. She's easily been the most consistent. She's totally likable and relatable, and she's been doing very well on the iTune charts. I would be surprised if she doesn't win. However, The Swon Brothers have continued to amaze me every single week. I had them out the first week, and the week after that, but somehow they managed to keep getting the votes, and they really grew on me. I'm a fan. Michelle has also been surprising. I see why people vote for her, but I don't really think she can win. Vocally, I'd say she's the weakest of the 3. But, what she lacks vocally (sometimes), she more than makes up for with heart and passion in her performance.


And the Winner of The Voice Season 4 Is.....

DANIELLE BRADBERY! This is the 3rd win for Blake and 3rd in a row

2nd Place: Michelle Chamuel (Team Usher)
3rd Place: The Swon Brothers (Team Blake)

No comments: